Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
122 Posts 42 Posters 11.4k Views 24 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Tim 57 0 Tim 57 0

    Hi everyone, dear MRA developer team,

    reply from a potential new user/lifetime member.

    I tested MRA in my Honda with Android Auto a few days ago and actually intended to sign up for a Lifetime Gold and App Next subscription today.

    After battling my way through the slightly confusing basic/silver/gold/appnext comparison page, I was ready to purchase the lifetime subscription. While looking for it, I stumbled upon this post.

    To be completely honest, I am thoroughly put off and confused, and I’ve put my decision to buy on hold for now.

    When I purchase a lifetime license, I expect to receive a lifetime subscription.

    I own several such subscriptions for both professional and personal use, and I appreciate being able to test new features and gain early access as a beta user.

    From what I’m reading here, however, that doesn't seem to be the case with MRA. Furthermore, I have to assume—based on what’s written here—that there could always be new versions or features that are no longer included in the lifetime sub.

    In my view, that is very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of a lifelong commitment to a piece of software or a company. Besides that, the communication what's in and what's not, what will be in and not is totally confusing.

    It’s a real shame and is deterring me from buying—especially since I was very pleasantly surprised after the trial.

    Rob Verhoeff
    Rob Verhoeff
    Rob Verhoeff
    Alpha tester
    wrote last edited by
    #107

    @Tim-57-0 After Corjan’s input, I was genuinely convinced that there were no loose ends left. That’s why I’m surprised that people keep thinking they’re going to lose functionality once the new web planner launches!

    NO, YOU WON’T!!

    Everything included in the Lifetime package will also be available when the new web planner launches. How many times does this still need to be explained?

    🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
    📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
    🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
    💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

    martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
    3
    • David Rudgley
      David Rudgley
      David Rudgley
      wrote last edited by
      #108

      I suspect the main concern is that customers who purchased the Gold Lifetime package believed they were entitled to all future updates and additional functionality for the lifetime of the product.
      If that is the case, how were those expectations managed at the point of sale? Was it made clear that "Lifetime" referred only to the functionality available at the time of purchase, and that future premium features could be excluded? If so, then any misunderstanding may simply stem from customers interpreting the offer differently.
      My view is that the business has recognised that the Lifetime model will eventually reach a saturation point, where revenue from new Lifetime purchases begins to decline. At that stage, relying solely on Lifetime sales is unlikely to generate sufficient income to support ongoing development, maintenance, and future innovation.
      I completely understand why the business has chosen to introduce a new commercial model. However, I can also appreciate why customers who previously purchased Lifetime access may feel differently, particularly if they believed their purchase included access to all future functionalities. Ultimately, much depends on how those expectations were originally set and communicated.

      MRA Gold Planner + App + Navigation Next user
      Android Pixel 9 Pro XL
      TomTomGo as backup

      KTM 1290 Super Adventure S
      Quad Lock + Phone +Carpuride W702

      KTM 790 Duke
      Quad Lock + Phone

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

        @Tim-57-0 After Corjan’s input, I was genuinely convinced that there were no loose ends left. That’s why I’m surprised that people keep thinking they’re going to lose functionality once the new web planner launches!

        NO, YOU WON’T!!

        Everything included in the Lifetime package will also be available when the new web planner launches. How many times does this still need to be explained?

        martin-phogel.de
        martin-phogel.de
        martin-phogel.de
        wrote last edited by martin-phogel.de
        #109

        @Rob-Verhoeff sagte:

        How many times does this still need to be explained?

        This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.

        The issue is that the term “lifetime license” is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms “Gold,” “Lifetime,” and “Unlimited,” you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (”Gold”, in this case). That’s not unusual at all.

        IMG_2781 (1).jpeg

        With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you won’t get with the upcoming update without paying extra.

        What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything that’s also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features you’ll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?

        Sorry, but it’s simply not true that “everything is clear”, even with all these explanations.

        Rob Verhoeff Nick Carthew 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

          @Rob-Verhoeff sagte:

          How many times does this still need to be explained?

          This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.

          The issue is that the term “lifetime license” is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms “Gold,” “Lifetime,” and “Unlimited,” you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (”Gold”, in this case). That’s not unusual at all.

          IMG_2781 (1).jpeg

          With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you won’t get with the upcoming update without paying extra.

          What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything that’s also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features you’ll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?

          Sorry, but it’s simply not true that “everything is clear”, even with all these explanations.

          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          Alpha tester
          wrote last edited by
          #110

          @martin-phogel.de If that’s how you see it, then all I can advise you to do is simply wait until the new website is released to all users!

          🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
          📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
          🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
          💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

            @Rob-Verhoeff sagte:

            How many times does this still need to be explained?

            This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.

            The issue is that the term “lifetime license” is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms “Gold,” “Lifetime,” and “Unlimited,” you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (”Gold”, in this case). That’s not unusual at all.

            IMG_2781 (1).jpeg

            With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you won’t get with the upcoming update without paying extra.

            What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything that’s also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features you’ll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?

            Sorry, but it’s simply not true that “everything is clear”, even with all these explanations.

            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            RouteXpert
            wrote last edited by
            #111

            @martin-phogel.de So as to balance your argument I feel I need to correct your statement. Nowhere in the FAQs does it state that future features would be included, this is just your conclusion. You also failed to include all of the sentence when you mentioned the word unlimited, so here it is: Lifetime: "Pay once to get unlimited access to the purchased product. The important part of this sentence is purchased product. The product that you have purchased is Lifetime Gold and when the new website is launched you will still have unlimited access to the Gold features for your lifetime without having to pay anything extra.

            Always willing to help if I can.
            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

            martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

              @martin-phogel.de So as to balance your argument I feel I need to correct your statement. Nowhere in the FAQs does it state that future features would be included, this is just your conclusion. You also failed to include all of the sentence when you mentioned the word unlimited, so here it is: Lifetime: "Pay once to get unlimited access to the purchased product. The important part of this sentence is purchased product. The product that you have purchased is Lifetime Gold and when the new website is launched you will still have unlimited access to the Gold features for your lifetime without having to pay anything extra.

              martin-phogel.de
              martin-phogel.de
              martin-phogel.de
              wrote last edited by
              #112

              Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.

              According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.

              If I sign up for an annual “Gold” subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that year—not just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?

              And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me that’s like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And “product” simply refers to the distinction between “Planner” and “Navigation (Next).”

              That’s how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other “lifetime license” arrangements.

              Con Hennekens martin-phogel.de 2 Replies Last reply
              3
              • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

                Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.

                According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.

                If I sign up for an annual “Gold” subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that year—not just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?

                And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me that’s like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And “product” simply refers to the distinction between “Planner” and “Navigation (Next).”

                That’s how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other “lifetime license” arrangements.

                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Alpha tester
                wrote last edited by
                #113

                @martin-phogel.de, Where does the term "during a year" come from? Your theory would imply a Gold subscription could mean different feature inclusions for people based on how long ago they purchased their subscription. I guess many more people would get mad when they did that!

                Like said so many times, Gold stays Gold with all previous features and more...

                There are MANY new features that are included in the gold subscription for free.
                There are also a few new additions to the program that are beyond the regular workflow, that cost a bit extra and can be seen as an in-app purchase, and that will not limit the use of your regular subscription in any way.

                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • martin-phogel.de martin-phogel.de

                  Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.

                  According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.

                  If I sign up for an annual “Gold” subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that year—not just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?

                  And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me that’s like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And “product” simply refers to the distinction between “Planner” and “Navigation (Next).”

                  That’s how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other “lifetime license” arrangements.

                  martin-phogel.de
                  martin-phogel.de
                  martin-phogel.de
                  wrote last edited by
                  #114

                  martin-phogel.de sagte:

                  during that year

                  @Con-Hennekens sagte:

                  "during a year"

                  The misunderstanding is probably because I’m not a native English speaker and didn’t express myself clearly.

                  Let me try again: If I sign up for an annual Gold subscription today, I expect access not only to the current features but also to all features implemented by October 8, 2027.

                  Based on that, I expect that with a subscription with no time limit, I’ll have access to all features—both those available at the time of my subscription and all future ones.

                  Does that make more sense?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Tim 57 0
                    Tim 57 0
                    Tim 57 0
                    wrote last edited by
                    #115

                    That is exactly my point—or rather, my concern.

                    What is the advantage of opting for a product or provider via a higher one-off payment?

                    Choosing a monthly or annual subscription gives me maximum flexibility. If Calimoto or Kurviger releases a great feature next year, I can simply switch providers.

                    However, if I commit to a product and place my trust in it for the future, I expect lifetime access that evolves with the service. As I mentioned, I’ve made various purchases of this kind in both my personal and professional life; in doing so, I am placing my trust in these companies.

                    If paid updates or new, higher tiers—Gold+, Gold++, Platinum, etc.—are introduced later, it doesn't really feel like the customer is being valued. I really have to emphasize—and I mean this constructively, not aggressively or negatively—that this sort of thing scares off new customers.

                    The various tiers and the confusing use of "Next" across different products make the whole thing incredibly muddled. Drawing on my professional experience in copywriting, sales promotion, SEO, and corporate digitalization, I can only surmise that you are already losing many potential customers at this stage. It lacks clarity and simplicity.

                    Furthermore, I don't think it’s productive to confuse and unsettle—and ultimately lose—new customers who were still interested (only to add to that confusion with a website relaunch), while simultaneously unsettling or alienating existing customers (as seen in the comments here) and addressing them in a rather harsh tone.

                    As I said, this isn't meant to provoke; it’s just an outside perspective from a new customer who hasn't been scared off yet but is definitely having doubts. To be honest, I’ve started looking at alternatives again since my first post here.

                    Sad to say.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    3
                    • Karel76
                      Karel76
                      Karel76
                      wrote last edited by Karel76
                      #116

                      In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

                      Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

                      This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

                      I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

                      Stefan Hummelink Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
                      0
                      • Karel76 Karel76

                        In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

                        Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

                        This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

                        I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote last edited by Stefan Hummelink
                        #117

                        @Karel76 said:

                        putting down

                        Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... 😂?

                        Manks bu'j te bange.

                        Karel76 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

                          @Karel76 said:

                          putting down

                          Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... 😂?

                          Karel76
                          Karel76
                          Karel76
                          wrote last edited by
                          #118

                          @Stefan-Hummelink said:

                          Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

                          If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

                          Stefan Hummelink Dae 0 2 Replies Last reply
                          0
                          • Karel76 Karel76

                            In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

                            Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

                            This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

                            I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Alpha tester
                            wrote last edited by
                            #119

                            @Karel76 If you’re so convinced that this entire platform falls far short of your expectations, why do you post comments like this? Delete your account and look elsewhere. I consider this nothing more than an attempt to stir up discontent.

                            🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                            📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                            🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                            💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            1
                            • Karel76 Karel76

                              @Stefan-Hummelink said:

                              Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

                              If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

                              Stefan Hummelink
                              Stefan Hummelink
                              Stefan Hummelink
                              Alpha tester
                              wrote last edited by
                              #120

                              @Karel76 said:

                              correctly

                              Wellz you didn't 😉. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.

                              In Dutch: "inslapen" or "afmaken".

                              Manks bu'j te bange.

                              Vince Hyde 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Karel76 Karel76

                                @Stefan-Hummelink said:

                                Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

                                If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

                                Dae 0
                                Dae 0
                                Dae 0
                                wrote last edited by Dae 0
                                #121

                                @Karel76 said:

                                @Stefan-Hummelink said:

                                Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

                                If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

                                “Putting down” can mean to insult or disparage someone. If that’s what you thought, then you have understood the phrase correctly

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

                                  @Karel76 said:

                                  correctly

                                  Wellz you didn't 😉. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.

                                  In Dutch: "inslapen" or "afmaken".

                                  Vince Hyde
                                  Vince Hyde
                                  Vince Hyde
                                  wrote last edited by
                                  #122

                                  @Stefan-Hummelink, with English being my first and, to be honest, my only language, the phrase putting down has several meanings; one is, as you say, to euthanize animals, but also, as the poster meant, to insult, criticize, or belittle a person; you can also put your bags or objects down.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  1

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  • 1
                                  • 2
                                  • 3
                                  • 4
                                  • 5
                                  • 6
                                  • 7
                                  ACTIVE USERS
                                  Hubert Thoring
                                  Hubert Thoring
                                  Corjan Meijerink
                                  Corjan Meijerink
                                  Rob Verhoeff
                                  Rob Verhoeff
                                  Vince Hyde
                                  Vince Hyde
                                  Stefan Hummelink
                                  Stefan Hummelink
                                  Karel76
                                  Karel76
                                  Tim 57 0
                                  Tim 57 0
                                  martin-phogel.de
                                  martin-phogel.de
                                  Con Hennekens
                                  Con Hennekens
                                  Dave J 0
                                  Dave J 0
                                  John S Parry
                                  John S Parry
                                  LE DIZES Freddy
                                  LE DIZES Freddy
                                  Tom Grzelinski
                                  Tom Grzelinski
                                  Marinus van Deudekom
                                  Marinus van Deudekom
                                  Peter Schiefer
                                  Peter Schiefer
                                  Stanisław
                                  Stanisław
                                  Guzzist
                                  Guzzist
                                  Adrian Avram
                                  Adrian Avram
                                  JP d
                                  JP d
                                  Anonymouse
                                  Anonymouse
                                  Tenmill 0
                                  Tenmill 0
                                  silberfuchs67
                                  silberfuchs67
                                  Stevedo 6 0
                                  Stevedo 6 0
                                  Joe Hoss
                                  Joe Hoss
                                  POPULAR TOPICS
                                  • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    0
                                    13
                                    25

                                  • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                    Vince Hyde
                                    Vince Hyde
                                    9
                                    122
                                    11.4k

                                  • Issues on one-way streets when reversing routes
                                    b0hd1
                                    b0hd1
                                    0
                                    8
                                    24

                                  • Probleem met eigen Stay
                                    Albert van den Elsen
                                    Albert van den Elsen
                                    0
                                    5
                                    13

                                  • I need help with the track navigation settings
                                    Peter Zehentreiter
                                    Peter Zehentreiter
                                    0
                                    5
                                    84

                                  • LAN005 - Data from calculator in toolkit
                                    Lluis Arasanz
                                    Lluis Arasanz
                                    0
                                    4
                                    19

                                  • F002 POI Create groups - why this map
                                    Hubert Thoring
                                    Hubert Thoring
                                    0
                                    4
                                    23

                                  • POI functie 'strict'
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    Corjan Meijerink
                                    1
                                    4
                                    15

                                  MY GROUPS
                                  • Login

                                  • Login or register to search.
                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Categories
                                  • Recent
                                  • Popular
                                  • Support
                                  • MyRoute-app