Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Max distance for scenic route generator in the Nav App

Max distance for scenic route generator in the Nav App

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
5 Posts 2 Posters 455 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LennyO
    LennyO
    LennyO
    RouteXpert
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    What is the maximum distance the scenic route generator in the Nav App can handle?
    Thx!

    Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

    Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew moved this topic from [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
    • LennyO LennyO

      What is the maximum distance the scenic route generator in the Nav App can handle?
      Thx!

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by Nick Carthew
      #2

      @LennyO It’s not a specific distance but the distance is related to the amount of nodes. Nodes are coordinates used to draw the route. If I was to put a distance I would say approximately 600 miles. Standard (fastest) A - B routes are not affected by this.

      And currently the time calculated for scenic has a known issue that will be addressed.

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      LennyO 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

        @LennyO It’s not a specific distance but the distance is related to the amount of nodes. Nodes are coordinates used to draw the route. If I was to put a distance I would say approximately 600 miles. Standard (fastest) A - B routes are not affected by this.

        And currently the time calculated for scenic has a known issue that will be addressed.

        LennyO
        LennyO
        LennyO
        RouteXpert
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        @Nick-Carthew HI, Nick!
        On the App I selected Destination, created A to B From Jacksonville, FL to Helen, Ga.
        It created a route, but when I chose the next curviness level, it came back with the message that states: "Scenic routes can only be created when you have an Internet connection".
        Well, I do have Internet connection (everything else works fine), I did not select Off-line Navigation.
        The route it created was 450 miles.
        Is that too much for the generator to handle?
        Also, the message is very ambiguous.
        Thank you!

        Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

        Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • LennyO LennyO

          @Nick-Carthew HI, Nick!
          On the App I selected Destination, created A to B From Jacksonville, FL to Helen, Ga.
          It created a route, but when I chose the next curviness level, it came back with the message that states: "Scenic routes can only be created when you have an Internet connection".
          Well, I do have Internet connection (everything else works fine), I did not select Off-line Navigation.
          The route it created was 450 miles.
          Is that too much for the generator to handle?
          Also, the message is very ambiguous.
          Thank you!

          Nick Carthew
          Nick Carthew
          Nick Carthew
          RouteXpert
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          @LennyO Issues with scenic routing will be addressed.

          Always willing to help if I can.
          Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
          MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

          LennyO 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

            @LennyO Issues with scenic routing will be addressed.

            LennyO
            LennyO
            LennyO
            RouteXpert
            wrote last edited by
            #5

            @Nick-Carthew Thanks Nick!

            Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

            1 Reply Last reply
            0

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            ACTIVE USERS
            LennyO
            LennyO
            Nick Carthew
            Nick Carthew
            POPULAR TOPICS
            • Where is the "Routes" option?
              LennyO
              LennyO
              0
              5
              20

            • My Routeapp Stays questions
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              0
              5
              21

            • Kort voorstellen
              BertM
              BertM
              1
              3
              75

            • Foutmelding In MRA Next
              Hans Lamers
              Hans Lamers
              0
              3
              11

            • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              0
              3
              12

            • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              0
              7
              46

            • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              0
              3
              11

            • Strange translation
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              0
              3
              6

            MY GROUPS
            • Login

            • Login or register to search.
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Categories
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Support
            • MyRoute-app