Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Planned routes not available during lack of Internet connection

Planned routes not available during lack of Internet connection

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
4 Posts 2 Posters 300 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Montorsi Paolo 0
    Montorsi Paolo 0
    Montorsi Paolo 0
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    I just got back from 5 days on the Route des Grandes Alpes in France and various nearby Alpine passes.

    Obviously, when going to almost uninhabited areas or places that are hard to reach with cell towers, you might not have internet connection, but with offline maps, navigation works just fine.

    The problem I ran into, though, is that when there’s no connection, the planned routes are no longer accessible. So if you need to check them or start a different one, that’s not possible. At least, I couldn’t do it.

    Am I the one doing something wrong?

    Just like the maps, planned routes should also be available when there’s no internet connection.

    Nick Carthew 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Montorsi Paolo 0 Montorsi Paolo 0

      I just got back from 5 days on the Route des Grandes Alpes in France and various nearby Alpine passes.

      Obviously, when going to almost uninhabited areas or places that are hard to reach with cell towers, you might not have internet connection, but with offline maps, navigation works just fine.

      The problem I ran into, though, is that when there’s no connection, the planned routes are no longer accessible. So if you need to check them or start a different one, that’s not possible. At least, I couldn’t do it.

      Am I the one doing something wrong?

      Just like the maps, planned routes should also be available when there’s no internet connection.

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      @Montorsi-Paolo-0 If you have your routes synced you do not need data. With offline maps and synced (downloaded) routes you can navigate entirely offline.

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Montorsi Paolo 0 Montorsi Paolo 0

        I just got back from 5 days on the Route des Grandes Alpes in France and various nearby Alpine passes.

        Obviously, when going to almost uninhabited areas or places that are hard to reach with cell towers, you might not have internet connection, but with offline maps, navigation works just fine.

        The problem I ran into, though, is that when there’s no connection, the planned routes are no longer accessible. So if you need to check them or start a different one, that’s not possible. At least, I couldn’t do it.

        Am I the one doing something wrong?

        Just like the maps, planned routes should also be available when there’s no internet connection.

        Nick Carthew
        Nick Carthew
        Nick Carthew
        RouteXpert
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        @Montorsi-Paolo-0 To sync your routes, tap Routes and tracklogs, now tap the 3 dots top right and select sync all my routes.

        Always willing to help if I can.
        Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
        MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Montorsi Paolo 0
          Montorsi Paolo 0
          Montorsi Paolo 0
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          Problem solved with your information.
          Thank you,

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          ACTIVE USERS
          Nick Carthew
          Nick Carthew
          Montorsi Paolo 0
          Montorsi Paolo 0
          POPULAR TOPICS
          • Animation
            LennyO
            LennyO
            0
            13
            31

          • Help please, new user
            Doug Crocker
            Doug Crocker
            0
            7
            44

          • A04 Menu - Waypoints on the mobile phone
            Hubert Thoring
            Hubert Thoring
            0
            6
            28

          • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
            John S Parry
            John S Parry
            0
            9
            206

          • How to get GROUPS into the new planner?
            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            0
            5
            12

          • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
            Lluis Arasanz
            Lluis Arasanz
            0
            4
            19

          • Route line transparency
            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            1
            5
            30

          • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
            Dave J 0
            Dave J 0
            0
            3
            19

          MY GROUPS
          • Login

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Support
          • MyRoute-app