Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. unable to calculate route

unable to calculate route

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
27 Posts 3 Posters 8.8k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

    @Patrick-33 thanks for sharing!
    On your tablet, could you go the the account page, scroll down to the version number, long press this and share the displayed file with me?

    You can email it to corjan@myrouteapp.com 🙂

    Patrick 33
    Patrick 33
    Patrick 33
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @Corjan-Meijerink
    File sent
    I tried a new reinstallation just before generating the info file

    Corjan Meijerink Con Hennekens 3 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

      @Corjan-Meijerink
      File sent
      I tried a new reinstallation just before generating the info file

      Corjan Meijerink
      Corjan Meijerink
      Corjan Meijerink
      Developer
      wrote on last edited by
      #8

      @Patrick-33 Awesome!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

        @Corjan-Meijerink
        File sent
        I tried a new reinstallation just before generating the info file

        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Alpha tester
        wrote on last edited by
        #9

        @Patrick-33 said in unable to calculate route:

        I tried a new reinstallation just before generating the info file

        I think you need to regenerate the error first, else it will not be in the logfile after a re-install.

        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

          @Corjan-Meijerink
          File sent
          I tried a new reinstallation just before generating the info file

          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Developer
          wrote on last edited by
          #10

          @Patrick-33 due to the clean install, the logs are not containing all the information 😉

          Could you at least go to the offline maps section (where you saw the error) - then attempt to start a route again - then share the logs with me again? 😃

          Patrick 33 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

            @Patrick-33 due to the clean install, the logs are not containing all the information 😉

            Could you at least go to the offline maps section (where you saw the error) - then attempt to start a route again - then share the logs with me again? 😃

            Patrick 33
            Patrick 33
            Patrick 33
            wrote on last edited by
            #11

            @Corjan-Meijerink ok

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

              @Patrick-33 due to the clean install, the logs are not containing all the information 😉

              Could you at least go to the offline maps section (where you saw the error) - then attempt to start a route again - then share the logs with me again? 😃

              Patrick 33
              Patrick 33
              Patrick 33
              wrote on last edited by
              #12

              @Corjan-Meijerink File returned after error

              Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

                @Corjan-Meijerink File returned after error

                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Developer
                wrote on last edited by
                #13

                @Patrick-33 did you actively deny the requested location permissions or were they never prompted?

                Please check the location permissions of the app and allow them 🙂
                Then report back to see if the issue is resolved. I see a lot of error messages stating that the location could not be retrieved.

                Patrick 33 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                  @Patrick-33 did you actively deny the requested location permissions or were they never prompted?

                  Please check the location permissions of the app and allow them 🙂
                  Then report back to see if the issue is resolved. I see a lot of error messages stating that the location could not be retrieved.

                  Patrick 33
                  Patrick 33
                  Patrick 33
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  @Corjan-Meijerink
                  The authorization was set to "only allow if the app is used". I put "always allow"

                  I restarted the app, but still the same message.
                  I send a new log file

                  Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

                    @Corjan-Meijerink
                    The authorization was set to "only allow if the app is used". I put "always allow"

                    I restarted the app, but still the same message.
                    I send a new log file

                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Developer
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #15

                    @Patrick-33 now it's interesting 🙂
                    Thanks for the quick cooperation.

                    I unfortunately don't see an obvious issue in the logs 😞
                    Will research this a bit more later on.

                    Patrick 33 4 Replies Last reply
                    0
                    • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                      @Patrick-33 now it's interesting 🙂
                      Thanks for the quick cooperation.

                      I unfortunately don't see an obvious issue in the logs 😞
                      Will research this a bit more later on.

                      Patrick 33
                      Patrick 33
                      Patrick 33
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #16

                      @Corjan-Meijerink Thank you for your help

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                        @Patrick-33 now it's interesting 🙂
                        Thanks for the quick cooperation.

                        I unfortunately don't see an obvious issue in the logs 😞
                        Will research this a bit more later on.

                        Patrick 33
                        Patrick 33
                        Patrick 33
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #17

                        @Corjan-Meijerink
                        There is also the problem that I cannot download the maps offline. If it helps...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                          @Patrick-33 now it's interesting 🙂
                          Thanks for the quick cooperation.

                          I unfortunately don't see an obvious issue in the logs 😞
                          Will research this a bit more later on.

                          Patrick 33
                          Patrick 33
                          Patrick 33
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #18

                          @Corjan-Meijerink
                          If it helps, in the "Download" and "Downloads" menus I don't have any files while on the phone, they are present.
                          I feel like I'm always offline on the tablet...

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                            @Patrick-33 now it's interesting 🙂
                            Thanks for the quick cooperation.

                            I unfortunately don't see an obvious issue in the logs 😞
                            Will research this a bit more later on.

                            Patrick 33
                            Patrick 33
                            Patrick 33
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #19

                            @Corjan-Meijerink Good morning, For your information, I just reset the tablet settings and everything works again on the myroute application.

                            Con Hennekens Corjan Meijerink 2 Replies Last reply
                            0
                            • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

                              @Corjan-Meijerink Good morning, For your information, I just reset the tablet settings and everything works again on the myroute application.

                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Alpha tester
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #20

                              @Patrick-33, thanks for reporting back. Did you have any security, anti-virus or, privacy apps installed previously by any chance?

                              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                              Patrick 33 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

                                @Corjan-Meijerink Good morning, For your information, I just reset the tablet settings and everything works again on the myroute application.

                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Corjan Meijerink
                                Developer
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #21

                                @Patrick-33 great! 🙂

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                  @Patrick-33, thanks for reporting back. Did you have any security, anti-virus or, privacy apps installed previously by any chance?

                                  Patrick 33
                                  Patrick 33
                                  Patrick 33
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #22

                                  @Con-Hennekens said in unable to calculate route:

                                  thanks for reporting back. Did you have any security, anti-virus or, privacy apps installed previously by any chance?

                                  Yes, it has BitDefender on it.

                                  Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

                                    @Con-Hennekens said in unable to calculate route:

                                    thanks for reporting back. Did you have any security, anti-virus or, privacy apps installed previously by any chance?

                                    Yes, it has BitDefender on it.

                                    Con Hennekens
                                    Con Hennekens
                                    Con Hennekens
                                    Alpha tester
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #23

                                    @Patrick-33, I think it will be mighty interesting if you reinstalled Bitdefender after resetting your tablet, and if your testing was done prior of after that. Bitdefender probably has some code that could intervene with access to the HERE servers. For DuckDuckGo this has already been proven less or more...

                                    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                                    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                                    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                                    Patrick 33 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                      @Patrick-33, I think it will be mighty interesting if you reinstalled Bitdefender after resetting your tablet, and if your testing was done prior of after that. Bitdefender probably has some code that could intervene with access to the HERE servers. For DuckDuckGo this has already been proven less or more...

                                      Patrick 33
                                      Patrick 33
                                      Patrick 33
                                      wrote on last edited by Patrick 33
                                      #24

                                      @Con-Hennekens
                                      I uninstalled and reinstalled BitDefender and yes, it is the problem.
                                      Unable to calculate route.
                                      I'm uninstalling Bit defenbder at the moment.

                                      Edit : And it's persistent because even after uninstalling BitDefender, I still have to reset the settings.

                                      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • Patrick 33 Patrick 33

                                        @Con-Hennekens
                                        I uninstalled and reinstalled BitDefender and yes, it is the problem.
                                        Unable to calculate route.
                                        I'm uninstalling Bit defenbder at the moment.

                                        Edit : And it's persistent because even after uninstalling BitDefender, I still have to reset the settings.

                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Alpha tester
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #25

                                        @Patrick-33 said in unable to calculate route:

                                        I uninstalled and reinstalled BitDefender and yes, it is the problem.

                                        Thanks for trying and reporting. If you want to keep using BitDefender on your device, I assume there are methods for whitelisting specific apps in some controlpanel. You might get some help with that through their customer support or forum.

                                        @Corjan-Meijerink, Looks like we have another culprit to add to the list 😉 . Maybe it is wise to check of the HERE (or MRA?) servers are on some blacklist that is used by some of the AV or privacy software companies?

                                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                                        Patrick 33 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                          @Patrick-33 said in unable to calculate route:

                                          I uninstalled and reinstalled BitDefender and yes, it is the problem.

                                          Thanks for trying and reporting. If you want to keep using BitDefender on your device, I assume there are methods for whitelisting specific apps in some controlpanel. You might get some help with that through their customer support or forum.

                                          @Corjan-Meijerink, Looks like we have another culprit to add to the list 😉 . Maybe it is wise to check of the HERE (or MRA?) servers are on some blacklist that is used by some of the AV or privacy software companies?

                                          Patrick 33
                                          Patrick 33
                                          Patrick 33
                                          wrote on last edited by Patrick 33
                                          #26

                                          @Con-Hennekens
                                          Yes I think it is possible to configure BitDefender, but at the moment we are traveling and don't really want to play around with the configurations. Too much need for MRA at the moment.
                                          We will do without BitDefender.

                                          Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • 1
                                          • 2
                                          ACTIVE USERS
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          Corjan Meijerink
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Patrick 33
                                          Patrick 33
                                          POPULAR TOPICS
                                          • Help please, new user
                                            Bull Tahr
                                            Bull Tahr
                                            0
                                            8
                                            199

                                          • My Routeapp Stays questions
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            5
                                            20

                                          • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            0
                                            7
                                            46

                                          • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            3
                                            9

                                          • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            Lluis Arasanz
                                            0
                                            3
                                            10

                                          • Opslaan POI duurt lang
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            Rob Verhoeff
                                            0
                                            2
                                            3

                                          • Rijrichting in route
                                            a white mouse on the motorbike
                                            a white mouse on the motorbike
                                            4
                                            23
                                            4.9k

                                          • Making animated travelmaps for free
                                            Travellexxie
                                            Travellexxie
                                            5
                                            2
                                            106

                                          MY GROUPS
                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Support
                                          • MyRoute-app