Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Phone can't charge as fast as the app uses power

Phone can't charge as fast as the app uses power

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
15 Posts 9 Posters 4.7k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Hi, I can report that my Oukitel outdoor tablet with 8inch screen runing in full brightness can load the battery normal after changing the USB converter and the USB cable. Before I run also into an empty battery after some hours.
    I guess the bottleneck was more the cable.

    Hardware
    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Jörgen
      Jörgen
      Jörgen
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by Jörgen
      #6

      A nice little Android App to watch battery Status ist called Power Line. See the small Line on right Side of the Screen.

      Screenshot_20240210-101637.png

      Hardware
      iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
      iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
      Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
      Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
      Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
      MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

      Dave J 0 Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Jörgen Jörgen

        A nice little Android App to watch battery Status ist called Power Line. See the small Line on right Side of the Screen.

        Screenshot_20240210-101637.png

        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Dave J 0
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @Jörgen thanks for this suggestion. Works really well on my Pixel 6 Pro and I like the simplicity and flexibility of configuration. Good suggestion.

        Kind Regards. Help where I can.
        Ducati Multistrada V4 Rally
        iPhone 18 Pro
        CHIGEE AIO-6 LTE
        Google Pixel 6 Pro - mounted on SP Connect Plus
        Ex Garmin XT2 and XT1 as well as Ex TomTom Rider User

        Stephane 30 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Dave J 0 Dave J 0

          @Jörgen thanks for this suggestion. Works really well on my Pixel 6 Pro and I like the simplicity and flexibility of configuration. Good suggestion.

          Stephane 30
          Stephane 30
          Stephane 30
          wrote on last edited by
          #8

          Just wanted to add my half penny to this discussion. There are a lot of angry comments about this issue. However, I don't think it's that easy and straightforward. I have been out today for a 6.5 hour tour (including a couple of coffee breaks) and did 130 miles (210 km) using MRA for navigation and tracking simultaneously. I started with 80% charge and arrived back home with 19% - no charger used during the ride. I don't listen to music or play games while riding. I'm using a Pixel 8.
          So far I didn't had any issues with MRA and heavy discharging. A problem could well be the phone setup and/or issues with other apps running in the background.
          This post is probably not helpful to anyone but it's just for the records.

          Moto Guzzi V85 TT. MRA on my Pixel 8 (Android 16) and occasionally a TomTom Rider.

          Kudee 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

            @Doug-Robinson

            This is what I found about the HereWeGo app, uses the same map.

            Will using GPS reduce my phone's battery life?
            HERE WeGo uses GPS to work and your phone might deplete more of your battery while you're actively navigating. (This is quite common with apps that depend on your phone settings.) If you feel that our app consumes too much of your battery life, we'd recommend that you check your phone's battery settings and adapt it according to your usage.
            https://here.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/24000068332-will-using-gps-reduce-my-phone-s-battery-life-

            richtea999
            richtea999
            richtea999
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by richtea999
            #9

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master said in Phone can't charge as fast as the app uses power:

            https://here.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/24000068332-will-using-gps-reduce-my-phone-s-battery-life-
            If you feel that our app consumes too much of your battery life, we'd recommend that you check your phone's battery settings and adapt it according to your usage.

            "Not my problem, mate. It's all your fault for not configuring your phone correctly." says HERE.

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Jörgen Jörgen

              A nice little Android App to watch battery Status ist called Power Line. See the small Line on right Side of the Screen.

              Screenshot_20240210-101637.png

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              @Jörgen, That app is rather nice, giving continuous information of battery and charging without interfering with the foreground app. However I removed it since it demands full-phone access to everything. Not something I am eager to give away...

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              Jörgen 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @Jörgen, That app is rather nice, giving continuous information of battery and charging without interfering with the foreground app. However I removed it since it demands full-phone access to everything. Not something I am eager to give away...

                Jörgen
                Jörgen
                Jörgen
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                @Con-Hennekens Interesting on my Android version all permissions are off?

                Hardware
                iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Stephane 30 Stephane 30

                  Just wanted to add my half penny to this discussion. There are a lot of angry comments about this issue. However, I don't think it's that easy and straightforward. I have been out today for a 6.5 hour tour (including a couple of coffee breaks) and did 130 miles (210 km) using MRA for navigation and tracking simultaneously. I started with 80% charge and arrived back home with 19% - no charger used during the ride. I don't listen to music or play games while riding. I'm using a Pixel 8.
                  So far I didn't had any issues with MRA and heavy discharging. A problem could well be the phone setup and/or issues with other apps running in the background.
                  This post is probably not helpful to anyone but it's just for the records.

                  Kudee
                  Kudee
                  Kudee
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  @Stephane-30 The old APP did not have this behavior, also Here, so i guess that can be fixed

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Jörgen Jörgen

                    @Con-Hennekens Interesting on my Android version all permissions are off?

                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
                    #13

                    @Jörgen, I take it this is the one you use?
                    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.inline&hl=nl&gl=US

                    d389288d-eacd-4a3a-87d6-4b5d27a41cc0-image.png

                    A:
                    This app can see where you tap or change what's displayed on the screen.

                    B:
                    Allow PowerLine to have full control over your device? Full control is appropriate for apps that help you with accessibility, but not for most other apps.

                    So it can read the passwords you type, look at the unlock sequence you draw, and probably take passwords out of your Chrome vault too...

                    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                    Jörgen 1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                      @Jörgen, I take it this is the one you use?
                      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.inline&hl=nl&gl=US

                      d389288d-eacd-4a3a-87d6-4b5d27a41cc0-image.png

                      A:
                      This app can see where you tap or change what's displayed on the screen.

                      B:
                      Allow PowerLine to have full control over your device? Full control is appropriate for apps that help you with accessibility, but not for most other apps.

                      So it can read the passwords you type, look at the unlock sequence you draw, and probably take passwords out of your Chrome vault too...

                      Jörgen
                      Jörgen
                      Jörgen
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      Sorry, we are killing this thread.

                      @Con-Hennekens see last sentence.

                      966394fc-c311-4513-978d-6380dd8dae19-image.png

                      Hardware
                      iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
                      iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
                      Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
                      Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
                      Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
                      MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

                      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Jörgen Jörgen

                        Sorry, we are killing this thread.

                        @Con-Hennekens see last sentence.

                        966394fc-c311-4513-978d-6380dd8dae19-image.png

                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #15

                        @Jörgen said in Phone can't charge as fast as the app uses power:

                        Sorry, we are killing this thread.

                        Metoo! 😉
                        But that sentence only indicates that the developer SAYS he is not evil... 😉

                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        ACTIVE USERS
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Jörgen
                        Jörgen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Dave J 0
                        Dave J 0
                        richtea999
                        richtea999
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        RetiredWingMan
                        RetiredWingMan
                        Kudee
                        Kudee
                        Stephane 30
                        Stephane 30
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Help please, new user
                          Bull Tahr
                          Bull Tahr
                          0
                          8
                          199

                        • My Routeapp Stays questions
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          5
                          20

                        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          0
                          7
                          46

                        • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          9

                        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          10

                        • Opslaan POI duurt lang
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          0
                          2
                          3

                        • Rijrichting in route
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          4
                          23
                          4.9k

                        • Making animated travelmaps for free
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          5
                          2
                          106

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app