Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Duplicate Route inside editor

Duplicate Route inside editor

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
6 Posts 4 Posters 1.6k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Lluis Arasanz
    Lluis Arasanz
    Lluis Arasanz
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi all,

    I apologize If commented before.

    Route editor ALWAYS save modified waypoints when exiting editor. This is good.
    But sometimes I need to change working route to have 2 similar versions for modified routing, This is done by:

    • Exit route planner
    • Locate route
    • Duplicate and rename
    • Enter again in route planer to modify.

    Perhaps, is possible to put "duplicate" or a "save route as" button near "rename" button on route planner?

    From:

    f9e30d20-8636-4078-b398-6d5888531063-imagen.png

    to something similar to:

    c7bf154f-59a0-4dd3-944f-533b5bac40e7-imagen.png

    This can be used also to have a backup before make changes.

    Best Regards

    Lluis Arasanz

    • BMW F750GS
      MotoMediaLink HW Interface for BMW's WonderWheel device
    • Samsung A14 with Beta MyRoute-App (primary bike use)
      Tasker and MMLink SW for Android App Control
    • iPhone 14 with Beta MyRoute-App (personal and primary CP use)
    TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Lluis Arasanz Lluis Arasanz

      Hi all,

      I apologize If commented before.

      Route editor ALWAYS save modified waypoints when exiting editor. This is good.
      But sometimes I need to change working route to have 2 similar versions for modified routing, This is done by:

      • Exit route planner
      • Locate route
      • Duplicate and rename
      • Enter again in route planer to modify.

      Perhaps, is possible to put "duplicate" or a "save route as" button near "rename" button on route planner?

      From:

      f9e30d20-8636-4078-b398-6d5888531063-imagen.png

      to something similar to:

      c7bf154f-59a0-4dd3-944f-533b5bac40e7-imagen.png

      This can be used also to have a backup before make changes.

      Best Regards

      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      TorqueRider
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Lluis-Arasanz
      To be honest, I find the existing copy function of the personal route library sufficiently functional. When editing routes, I almost always make a working copy in advance and see no added value in your proposal.

      Thomas s Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
      1
      • TorqueRider TorqueRider

        @Lluis-Arasanz
        To be honest, I find the existing copy function of the personal route library sufficiently functional. When editing routes, I almost always make a working copy in advance and see no added value in your proposal.

        Thomas s
        Thomas s
        Thomas s
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Jack-van-Tilburg Hi Jack, your approach working with MyRouteApp is different from Luis'. And I do agree to Luis request.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • TorqueRider TorqueRider

          @Lluis-Arasanz
          To be honest, I find the existing copy function of the personal route library sufficiently functional. When editing routes, I almost always make a working copy in advance and see no added value in your proposal.

          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Jack-van-Tilburg, "sufficiently functional" it is, but that does not equal "not subject to improvement" 😉 I think it is a good idea. Do you copy and rename your Word (or whatever) documents before opening them, or do you open a document and then "save as" with a different name?

          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

          TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

            @Jack-van-Tilburg, "sufficiently functional" it is, but that does not equal "not subject to improvement" 😉 I think it is a good idea. Do you copy and rename your Word (or whatever) documents before opening them, or do you open a document and then "save as" with a different name?

            TorqueRider
            TorqueRider
            TorqueRider
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Con-Hennekens
            (back when I was still working 🙂 )When I was still writing documents, 'life' incrementals were made.
            Now when I create a document (or whatever) I start with a right mouse click -> duplicate and work with the copy.

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • TorqueRider TorqueRider

              @Con-Hennekens
              (back when I was still working 🙂 )When I was still writing documents, 'life' incrementals were made.
              Now when I create a document (or whatever) I start with a right mouse click -> duplicate and work with the copy.

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Jack-van-Tilburg, I guess your IT service was very happy to increase storage space every now and then 😉 Nowadays we have versioning built in to filesystems. But anyhow: I think adding a small symbol to "save as" can make some people happy and it does not intervene with your methods.

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              1 Reply Last reply
              2

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              ACTIVE USERS
              Lluis Arasanz
              Lluis Arasanz
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              TorqueRider
              TorqueRider
              Thomas s
              Thomas s
              POPULAR TOPICS
              • Add delete route button to library
                Jörgen
                Jörgen
                0
                8
                11

              • Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
                b0hd1
                b0hd1
                1
                5
                14

              • Strange translation
                Jörgen
                Jörgen
                0
                6
                15

              • Where is the "Routes" option?
                LennyO
                LennyO
                0
                5
                24

              • google street view volledige boord zichtbaar maken.
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                0
                4
                37

              • Crazy routing
                Rob Verhoeff
                Rob Verhoeff
                0
                4
                13

              • Foutmelding In MRA Next
                Rob Verhoeff
                Rob Verhoeff
                0
                4
                19

              • Kort voorstellen
                a white mouse on the motorbike
                a white mouse on the motorbike
                2
                4
                101

              MY GROUPS
              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Support
              • MyRoute-app