Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. New MRA Mobile Update 3.2.3

New MRA Mobile Update 3.2.3

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
23 Posts 10 Posters 11.4k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

    @Jack-van-Tilburg Like I said, use it in portrait mode until @Corjan-Meijerink can make adjustments.

    TorqueRider
    TorqueRider
    TorqueRider
    wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @Nick-Carthew
    Yep like I said before:

    Portrait mode works satisfactorily.

    I was just helping Stanislaw with some screenshots.

    Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Bouke Ent
      Bouke Ent
      Bouke Ent
      wrote on last edited by
      #15

      hopelijk bij sessie van morgen krijgen we laatste update te zien en uitleg. indien niet dan toch hopelijk leerzaam

      HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Bouke Ent Bouke Ent

        hopelijk bij sessie van morgen krijgen we laatste update te zien en uitleg. indien niet dan toch hopelijk leerzaam

        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #16

        @Bouke-Ent

        Ik ben mijn best aan het doen om een versie te pakken te krijgen, zodat ik morgen e.e.a kan laten zien

        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Bruno Friedmann
          Bruno Friedmann
          Bruno Friedmann
          wrote on last edited by
          #17

          I wonder if there's a User eXperience behind the choice of dividing the screen by it's half size, making the button smaller ? (Line 2)

          Most of the old app, has inconsistent size of UI element, like choose a route (good to catch with winter motorcycle glove) then the over-mini start to be pressed 😉

          I deeply hope that Next will figure out all those little things that we always moan about.

          One of the best test you can make, is wear a pair of winter gloves on a motocycle and try to change an option, by pass a waypoint, and if the law doesn't prohibit that, do it when riding.

          Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • TorqueRider TorqueRider

            @Nick-Carthew
            Yep like I said before:

            Portrait mode works satisfactorily.

            I was just helping Stanislaw with some screenshots.

            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #18

            @Jack-van-Tilburg Thanks for sharing those, like mentioned those issues concern the website. Yes, that needs improvement. No, that won’t be done tomorrow 😉

            Hope you all can still appreciate the actual improvements made within the app itself 🙂

            Herko ter Horst 1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • Bruno Friedmann Bruno Friedmann

              I wonder if there's a User eXperience behind the choice of dividing the screen by it's half size, making the button smaller ? (Line 2)

              Most of the old app, has inconsistent size of UI element, like choose a route (good to catch with winter motorcycle glove) then the over-mini start to be pressed 😉

              I deeply hope that Next will figure out all those little things that we always moan about.

              One of the best test you can make, is wear a pair of winter gloves on a motocycle and try to change an option, by pass a waypoint, and if the law doesn't prohibit that, do it when riding.

              Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              Developer
              wrote on last edited by Corjan Meijerink
              #19

              @Bruno-Friedmann Thanks for your response. Navigation Next will be a massive improvement on all aspects. However, there is a thin line between usable big buttons and a really ugly design 😉 We are starting beta testing soon to gather actual user feedback!

              I’m not sure what image you are referring to but this Mobile update did not decrease any button sizes. We changed how layouts are rendered on different devices / orientation to maximise efficient screen usage.

              If you are referring to the screenshot of the browser, I stand by my previous comment that it indeed is not optimal at all.

              Bruno Friedmann 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                @Bruno-Friedmann Thanks for your response. Navigation Next will be a massive improvement on all aspects. However, there is a thin line between usable big buttons and a really ugly design 😉 We are starting beta testing soon to gather actual user feedback!

                I’m not sure what image you are referring to but this Mobile update did not decrease any button sizes. We changed how layouts are rendered on different devices / orientation to maximise efficient screen usage.

                If you are referring to the screenshot of the browser, I stand by my previous comment that it indeed is not optimal at all.

                Bruno Friedmann
                Bruno Friedmann
                Bruno Friedmann
                wrote on last edited by
                #20

                @Corjan-Meijerink said in New MRA Mobile Update 3.2.3:

                @Bruno-Friedmann Thanks for your response. Navigation Next will be a massive improvement on all aspects. However, there is a thin line between usable big buttons and a really ugly design 😉 We are starting beta testing soon to gather actual user feedback!

                I’m not sure what image you are referring to but this Mobile update did not decrease any button sizes. We changed how layouts are rendered on different devices / orientation to maximise efficient screen usage.

                Was referring to the one you presented, instead of having just buttont you now present half screen with button, and half with the map, that's how I deduce you shrink the button size.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                  @Jack-van-Tilburg Thanks for sharing those, like mentioned those issues concern the website. Yes, that needs improvement. No, that won’t be done tomorrow 😉

                  Hope you all can still appreciate the actual improvements made within the app itself 🙂

                  Herko ter Horst
                  Herko ter Horst
                  Herko ter Horst
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #21

                  @Corjan-Meijerink please note that the distinction between "the app itself" and "using the website through the app" will be lost on most users.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                    @Nick-Carthew
                    I know. But even then the function buttons on the left side of the map can not be used. Or am I missing something?

                    IMG_1392.jpeg

                    Stanisław
                    Stanisław
                    Stanisław
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #22

                    @Jack-van-Tilburg said in New MRA Mobile Update 3.2.3:

                    @Nick-Carthew
                    I know. But even then the function buttons on the left side of the map can not be used. Or am I missing something?

                    IMG_1392.jpeg

                    Thank you for this picture, it is like this on my screen. I tried the landscape mode only to check if last bottom button (my current location) is better visible on my screen, which is with non-default scaling to have bigger icons.
                    I suppose portrait mode is better in general, so I will us it, not landscape one.
                    I can see that it is web view only shown by application, so there is less possibilities to tune it, the responsiveness is also worse. By the way - will I go to this screen when I will want to switch from navigation screen in MRA NEXT to whole route view, to check how it is going ahead of my current location?

                    --
                    Regards
                    Staszek

                    TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Stanisław Stanisław

                      @Jack-van-Tilburg said in New MRA Mobile Update 3.2.3:

                      @Nick-Carthew
                      I know. But even then the function buttons on the left side of the map can not be used. Or am I missing something?

                      IMG_1392.jpeg

                      Thank you for this picture, it is like this on my screen. I tried the landscape mode only to check if last bottom button (my current location) is better visible on my screen, which is with non-default scaling to have bigger icons.
                      I suppose portrait mode is better in general, so I will us it, not landscape one.
                      I can see that it is web view only shown by application, so there is less possibilities to tune it, the responsiveness is also worse. By the way - will I go to this screen when I will want to switch from navigation screen in MRA NEXT to whole route view, to check how it is going ahead of my current location?

                      TorqueRider
                      TorqueRider
                      TorqueRider
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #23

                      @Stanisław
                      For creating or editing your routes you best use the landscape mode indeed.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink unpinned this topic on

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • 1
                      • 2
                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      Stanisław
                      Stanisław
                      Drabslab
                      Drabslab
                      Bouke Ent
                      Bouke Ent
                      Herko ter Horst
                      Herko ter Horst
                      TorqueRider
                      TorqueRider
                      Bruno Friedmann
                      Bruno Friedmann
                      MyRoute-app community
                      MyRoute-app community
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                        Herman Veldhuizen
                        Herman Veldhuizen
                        0
                        4
                        194

                      • Beurs aanbieding
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        3
                        73

                      • Hello everyone
                        Brian McG
                        Brian McG
                        2
                        6
                        116

                      • How to plan correctly
                        Brian McG
                        Brian McG
                        0
                        6
                        217

                      • Hello from Thailand
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        0
                        2
                        29

                      • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Menu color black // blue // white
                        0
                        1
                        3

                      • Wissel Here-TomTom
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Hubert Thoring
                        0
                        3
                        130

                      • No tracklog on Android phone
                        Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                        Reinhard Grossmann h 0
                        0
                        13
                        482

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app