Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Routes & Tracks
  3. Some help required for providing a Walking Route saved as a Tracklog.

Some help required for providing a Walking Route saved as a Tracklog.

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Routes & Tracks
3 Posts 2 Posters 962 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Steve Lynch
    Steve Lynch
    Steve Lynch
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    For Episode 6 of my YouTube Route Series, if the end user chooses, they can park the bike up in a Car Park in the Surrey Hills and then walk to a “secret” waterfall in the Wotton Estate in the Surrey Hills.
    This is my first foray into the Walking category so I am a bit confused as to how this Tracklog can be saved to allow the end user to walk the Tracklog if they choose to?

    If the end user clicks “Use as Route” then obviously the the Walked Tracklog is lost as it tries to plot it on actual roads.
    I presume therefore that the end user would need to use “Save As” but I am unsure which file format to use.
    I presume the obvious choice is to use .kml (Track) but doesn’t the end user then have to login to google maps to be able to import the Tracklog?

    The options I presume are the following:
    .gpx1.1 (Track)
    .gpx1.0 (Track)
    .kml (track)
    .kmz (track)

    This is the link to the Public Tracklog.
    https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/track/338501?mode=share

    Any help given on the above file formats would be greatly received as I am a Walking Route newbie.

    Thank you.

    You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Steve Lynch Steve Lynch

      For Episode 6 of my YouTube Route Series, if the end user chooses, they can park the bike up in a Car Park in the Surrey Hills and then walk to a “secret” waterfall in the Wotton Estate in the Surrey Hills.
      This is my first foray into the Walking category so I am a bit confused as to how this Tracklog can be saved to allow the end user to walk the Tracklog if they choose to?

      If the end user clicks “Use as Route” then obviously the the Walked Tracklog is lost as it tries to plot it on actual roads.
      I presume therefore that the end user would need to use “Save As” but I am unsure which file format to use.
      I presume the obvious choice is to use .kml (Track) but doesn’t the end user then have to login to google maps to be able to import the Tracklog?

      The options I presume are the following:
      .gpx1.1 (Track)
      .gpx1.0 (Track)
      .kml (track)
      .kmz (track)

      This is the link to the Public Tracklog.
      https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/track/338501?mode=share

      Any help given on the above file formats would be greatly received as I am a Walking Route newbie.

      Thank you.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Steve-Lynch

      Hi Steve, If you have a GPS system that has walking and cycling routes in the map, you should be able to use this as .gpx 1.0 or 1.1.
      I myself use the Garmin Edge 1030 for my cycling routes, which are created in MRA on the OSM map with the bicycle overlay. I then export the Track to the Garmin Edge and I can start it and the direction is indicated by an arrow on the track line.

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      Steve Lynch 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @Steve-Lynch

        Hi Steve, If you have a GPS system that has walking and cycling routes in the map, you should be able to use this as .gpx 1.0 or 1.1.
        I myself use the Garmin Edge 1030 for my cycling routes, which are created in MRA on the OSM map with the bicycle overlay. I then export the Track to the Garmin Edge and I can start it and the direction is indicated by an arrow on the track line.

        Steve Lynch
        Steve Lynch
        Steve Lynch
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

        Thanks Hans,
        As the main focus of the route is a motorcycle route I doubt that many of the end users will have a device that can track off road walking paths.
        This is just a short 10 to 15 minute walk so I am going to provide it as an image on YouTube.
        I used OSM to plot the route in Offroad mode using footpaths and used the Google overlay.

        B7033B3B-16D4-4654-AFA7-CEC6B6ECF16B.png

        You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Steve Lynch
        Steve Lynch
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Where is the "Routes" option?
          LennyO
          LennyO
          0
          5
          18

        • My Routeapp Stays questions
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          5
          21

        • Foutmelding In MRA Next
          Hans Lamers
          Hans Lamers
          0
          3
          9

        • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          12

        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          7
          46

        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          11

        • Strange translation
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          4

        • Kort voorstellen
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          1
          2
          65

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app