Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. How to plan correctly

How to plan correctly

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Suggestions and Discussion
4 Posts 4 Posters 128 Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Christian Feurstein
    Christian Feurstein
    Christian Feurstein
    wrote last edited by
    #1

    I have a question regarding route planning and travel times.
    Recently, I planned a motorcycle day trip using the MRA Web Planner (with the HERE map archetype). The planner estimated a total travel time of 7 hours. However, when I started my trip in the morning and loaded the route into the MRA Navigation Next app, the display showed a travel time of 8 hours right from the start.
    I am trying to understand where this 1-hour difference comes from.

    • Is this discrepancy purely due to live traffic conditions being factored into the navigation app but not the planner?

    • Does the navigation app calculate different average speeds for motorcycles compared to the web planner?
      What settings or steps do I need to adjust in the MRA Web Planner to ensure that the estimated travel time matches the navigation app as closely as possible before I head out?

    Marinus van Deudekom Brian McG 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Christian Feurstein Christian Feurstein

      I have a question regarding route planning and travel times.
      Recently, I planned a motorcycle day trip using the MRA Web Planner (with the HERE map archetype). The planner estimated a total travel time of 7 hours. However, when I started my trip in the morning and loaded the route into the MRA Navigation Next app, the display showed a travel time of 8 hours right from the start.
      I am trying to understand where this 1-hour difference comes from.

      • Is this discrepancy purely due to live traffic conditions being factored into the navigation app but not the planner?

      • Does the navigation app calculate different average speeds for motorcycles compared to the web planner?
        What settings or steps do I need to adjust in the MRA Web Planner to ensure that the estimated travel time matches the navigation app as closely as possible before I head out?

      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by
      #2

      @Christian-Feurstein in the web planner stops etc are included in the total time. In the app nog

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      RetiredWingMan 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

        @Christian-Feurstein in the web planner stops etc are included in the total time. In the app nog

        RetiredWingMan
        RetiredWingMan
        RetiredWingMan
        Valued contributor
        wrote last edited by
        #3

        @Marinus-van-Deudekom. The app calculated time is longer than the planner so I don't think stop times apply in this case.

        2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Christian Feurstein Christian Feurstein

          I have a question regarding route planning and travel times.
          Recently, I planned a motorcycle day trip using the MRA Web Planner (with the HERE map archetype). The planner estimated a total travel time of 7 hours. However, when I started my trip in the morning and loaded the route into the MRA Navigation Next app, the display showed a travel time of 8 hours right from the start.
          I am trying to understand where this 1-hour difference comes from.

          • Is this discrepancy purely due to live traffic conditions being factored into the navigation app but not the planner?

          • Does the navigation app calculate different average speeds for motorcycles compared to the web planner?
            What settings or steps do I need to adjust in the MRA Web Planner to ensure that the estimated travel time matches the navigation app as closely as possible before I head out?

          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          wrote last edited by
          #4

          @Christian-Feurstein if you are using the app to navigate by Route rather than Track & you have the Traffic setting > Traffic Aware Calculation enabled it is quite possible that the extra hour is due to this
          Did you notice any change in the total mileage for the route?
          It is quite possible your Route was changed to avoid a road closure & the detour may have added a large loop that added the extra time

          BlackView BV7100, Android 12
          Navigate "Routes as Tracks" in Offline mode with Offline Maps
          No Wifi, no internet, no interruptions, works well

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          ACTIVE USERS
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          RetiredWingMan
          RetiredWingMan
          Christian Feurstein
          Christian Feurstein
          POPULAR TOPICS
          • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
            Marinus van Deudekom
            Marinus van Deudekom
            0
            10
            269

          • Offline Mode function
            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            1
            6
            29

          • Via punt overslaanwerkt niet
            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
            Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
            0
            9
            557

          • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
            Glenn.B
            Glenn.B
            0
            49
            3.8k

          • Wissel Here-TomTom
            Marinus van Deudekom
            Marinus van Deudekom
            0
            2
            15

          • How to plan correctly
            Brian McG
            Brian McG
            0
            4
            128

          • Auto skipping in next version (6)
            0
            1
            23

          • No tracklog on Android phone
            LennyO
            LennyO
            0
            12
            355

          MY GROUPS
          • Login

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Support
          • MyRoute-app