Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
94 Posts 35 Posters 2.7k Views 22 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Valued contributor
    wrote last edited by
    #84

    @peter-schiefer I’m amazed at how inaccurate your comments are. I’m afraid I have to say that you haven’t understood a thing of what Corjan and others have now explained more than once.

    Hardware
    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Guzzist
      Guzzist
      Guzzist
      Valued contributor
      wrote last edited by
      #85

      I feel a bit surprised but also irritated or disappointed! Because for a long time it has been announced, a new website is in development. I’m really looking forward to it, as there’s quite a lot that could be improved.

      But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
      a new Navigator will be launched!

      I will not step in about pricing discussion.
      But I feel like @travellexxie : some time ago, we had a roadmap for development. But it disappears silently. Not nice!
      As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.
      I feel I’ve been treated a litle bit unfairly.

      Nothing is impossible ;-)
      In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
      In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Brian McG Brian McG

        @Con-Hennekens I do think it is a bit cheeky asking €49 to be a Beta guinea pig,
        for the privilege of providing feedback, paying €49 + spending the time to test made me laugh

        I understand that with my Lifetime Gold I just have to wait till February to use the new planner & I will have access to all the functionality I currently have in February

        The only benefit I see for me in accessing the Beta would be the addition of the MRA Route Collaboration & Group Rides functionality to my subscription
        I get that Route Collaboration means multiple users able to edit the same route file simultaneously & that seems like a nice new feature, is there a max number of concurrent users, is it 2 or higher?
        As I have no idea what the functionality of Group Rides is I cant effectively evaluate if it is worth paying the €49 for the beta access, what does Group Rides do?

        Oh & a bit of free feedback 😂 😈 😂
        image.jpeg
        screen real estate is precious, having the functions in a vertical tab takes up a lot of lateral space reducing the important map area, either revert functions tabs to horizontal, make it user configurable, or add the ability to collapse the vertical tab so it takes up less space
        oh & I dont need a "Discover" button that I am unlikely to use always hiding part of the map 😂

        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Con Hennekens
        Alpha tester
        wrote last edited by
        #86

        @Brian-McG said:

        The only benefit I see for me in accessing the Beta would be the addition of the MRA Route Collaboration & Group Rides functionality to my subscription

        Maybe that should have been the first line in the add indeed, since many people already seem to get angry at that first line 😉 It certainly proves that the offer is NOT just about being a beta guinea pig.

        I will leave further announcements on the specifics of the features to the MRA team though 😉

        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Brian McG Brian McG

          @Con-Hennekens I do think it is a bit cheeky asking €49 to be a Beta guinea pig,
          for the privilege of providing feedback, paying €49 + spending the time to test made me laugh

          I understand that with my Lifetime Gold I just have to wait till February to use the new planner & I will have access to all the functionality I currently have in February

          The only benefit I see for me in accessing the Beta would be the addition of the MRA Route Collaboration & Group Rides functionality to my subscription
          I get that Route Collaboration means multiple users able to edit the same route file simultaneously & that seems like a nice new feature, is there a max number of concurrent users, is it 2 or higher?
          As I have no idea what the functionality of Group Rides is I cant effectively evaluate if it is worth paying the €49 for the beta access, what does Group Rides do?

          Oh & a bit of free feedback 😂 😈 😂
          image.jpeg
          screen real estate is precious, having the functions in a vertical tab takes up a lot of lateral space reducing the important map area, either revert functions tabs to horizontal, make it user configurable, or add the ability to collapse the vertical tab so it takes up less space
          oh & I dont need a "Discover" button that I am unlikely to use always hiding part of the map 😂

          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Alpha tester
          wrote last edited by
          #87

          @Brian-McG said:

          screen real estate is precious, having the functions in a vertical tab takes up a lot of lateral space reducing the important map area, either revert functions tabs to horizontal, make it user configurable, or add the ability to collapse the vertical tab so it takes up less space

          Litterally the whole software industry is moving towards vertical menu bars... This to prevent degrading your screen to some letterbox view, especially on wide screen monitors.

          Besides, you can hide it...

          image.jpeg

          I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

          Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

          Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Guzzist Guzzist

            I feel a bit surprised but also irritated or disappointed! Because for a long time it has been announced, a new website is in development. I’m really looking forward to it, as there’s quite a lot that could be improved.

            But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
            a new Navigator will be launched!

            I will not step in about pricing discussion.
            But I feel like @travellexxie : some time ago, we had a roadmap for development. But it disappears silently. Not nice!
            As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.
            I feel I’ve been treated a litle bit unfairly.

            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            Alpha tester
            wrote last edited by
            #88

            @Guzzist said:

            But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
            a new Navigator will be launched!

            Yes, isn't that wonderful? What did you have in mind, that all news and new features would have been given away prematurely? There is not much about a product launch if you already know everything, is there?

            As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.

            Is that not exactly what the early access is about? People seem to miss the fact that it is an early access offer, exactly for what you say.

            I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

            Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

            Guzzist 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

              @Guzzist said:

              But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
              a new Navigator will be launched!

              Yes, isn't that wonderful? What did you have in mind, that all news and new features would have been given away prematurely? There is not much about a product launch if you already know everything, is there?

              As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.

              Is that not exactly what the early access is about? People seem to miss the fact that it is an early access offer, exactly for what you say.

              Guzzist
              Guzzist
              Guzzist
              Valued contributor
              wrote last edited by
              #89

              @Con-Hennekens yes Con you are right, with your 2 responses. But I was waiting for the early access of promised Web Route Planner - not for Navigator...

              Nothing is impossible ;-)
              In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
              In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

              Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • LennyO
                LennyO
                LennyO
                RouteXpert
                wrote last edited by
                #90

                I think we all should just calm down and embrace the hard work of the development team. I am sure that noone will be loosing any functionality they paid for and used before when the new version comes out!
                I, personally, am totally on board with paying a bit extra for extra features that I may not need at the moment, but very likely to use at some point in the near future.
                I have a question though...
                @corjan-meijerink will the new release have a way to turn the newly created route to a track without saving it first and then importing it back as a track?
                Thank you! Keep up your great work!!!!
                GO MRA!!!!!

                Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

                1 Reply Last reply
                2
                • Guzzist Guzzist

                  @Con-Hennekens yes Con you are right, with your 2 responses. But I was waiting for the early access of promised Web Route Planner - not for Navigator...

                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote last edited by Stefan Hummelink
                  #91

                  @Guzzist said:

                  But I was waiting for the early access of promised Web Route Planner - not for Navigator...

                  Euh, this bèta announcement is in fact for the web route planner, NOT for the navigation app?

                  After launch MRA offers to main distinct products for which obviously different pricings are applicable:

                  • MRA Navigation Next
                  • MRA Routeplanner Next
                  • MRA Routeplanner "Legacy", for a t.b.d. period of time)
                  • New stuff... Yet to be disclosed, but hinted on by the beta website...

                  And obviously the app is sort of "connected to" all of these products.

                  This thread is about the Routeplanner Next!

                  Manks bu'j te bange.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  2
                  • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                    Honestly, when we announced Navigation (Next) even then people were mad at us for not including that in Gold.

                    Now we are going full circle again. Can we just please jump to the conclusion that everyone gets a FREE upgrade, gets MORE features for FREE and above all MyRoute-app will continue to innovate for ALL existing customers regardless of their subscription.

                    Nobody loses a single functionality.

                    And again, if you do not care about:

                    • AI Routeplanner
                    • Group rides
                    • Route collaboration
                    • Early access
                    • More….

                    Good news! You don’t need to spend a single cent 🎉

                    But honestly, this thread summarises the polarisation and current state of society.
                    Not trying to make people angry. The opposite really.

                    But years of innovation, years of hard work and rather than being curious about the future people immediately assume the worst.
                    We’ve had dozens of messages accusing of us the worst.

                    Again, I agree. We did not immediately communicate what would happen to people with their current subscriptions. Because guess what? We just assumed people would figure that would become clear in the coming period and nothing would change regarding their subscription. Because that’s true! Nothing will change! Any feature you paid for remains accessible.

                    The fact how many people shouted the opposite has been heartbreaking for the entire team.

                    Nothing will change tomorrow. We are still months away.
                    No, not a public company statement but just another weekend reply by me on a Sunday.

                    Not expecting replies to this.
                    Not expecting apologies.
                    Not expecting anything.

                    Just hoping this settles it. Removes all your worries. Hoping we can continue. Maybe one positive message here: “yeeej, innovation we have been waiting on for years”?

                    That’s it.
                    A pleasant weekend everyone 🙂

                    Drabslab
                    Drabslab
                    Drabslab
                    wrote last edited by
                    #92

                    @Corjan-Meijerink said:

                    The fact how many people shouted the opposite has been heartbreaking for the entire team.

                    The last time that I sent remarks (off line to the team so not public) to MRA about it's confusing communication and the consequences of that confusion, I ended up being banned from the forum, so I was very sure that I would never again comment on this forum...

                    So much for being ...

                    Communication on this upgrade could have been a lot better, perhaps??? I could to some (large?) extend agree.

                    But there could be a general conclusion much more significant after reading these threads:

                    There are very disturbing reports that education levels are dropping very fast around Europe and youngsters are less and less able to read and understand a simple text.

                    After having read the original MRA announcement of the upcoming changes and reading here how people continue to ask the same questions ignoring that these were clearly answered in the original annoucement, and in the meantime already a dozen times extra... education apparently wasn't that great in the past either...

                    It is not difficult, it is easy, it's a hobby

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    6
                    • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                      And those are all valid arguments so you don’t need to spend a cent 🙂

                      Hence I don’t understand why people start with assuming the worst. Everyone gets a free upgrade.

                      Yes, I can agree with the fact we did not announce it as such (a free upgrade) but we are also so overwhelmed by everyone absolutely assuming the bloody worst.

                      Vince Hyde
                      Vince Hyde
                      Vince Hyde
                      wrote last edited by
                      #93

                      @Corjan-Meijerink since the new web planner is on a different site with a new login will all the routes in my library, my friends and events migrate over to the new site once I link my lifetime gold account if I join in October or February

                      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Vince Hyde Vince Hyde

                        @Corjan-Meijerink since the new web planner is on a different site with a new login will all the routes in my library, my friends and events migrate over to the new site once I link my lifetime gold account if I join in October or February

                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote last edited by
                        #94

                        @Vince-Hyde, yes, no worries! 😉

                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Travellexxie
                        Travellexxie
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Vince Hyde
                        Vince Hyde
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Guzzist
                        Guzzist
                        Dave J 0
                        Dave J 0
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Anonymouse
                        Anonymouse
                        Peter Schiefer
                        Peter Schiefer
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        Tom Grzelinski
                        John S Parry
                        John S Parry
                        Adrian Avram
                        Adrian Avram
                        Tenmill 0
                        Tenmill 0
                        Karel76
                        Karel76
                        silberfuchs67
                        silberfuchs67
                        Stevedo 6 0
                        Stevedo 6 0
                        Joe Hoss
                        Joe Hoss
                        peha
                        peha
                        SteD
                        SteD
                        julien j
                        julien j
                        Cookie On Tour
                        Cookie On Tour
                        Stanisław
                        Stanisław
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          superg
                          superg
                          5
                          97
                          2.6k

                        • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          9
                          94
                          2.7k

                        • Seizoensafsluitingen
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          0
                          5
                          88

                        • Elektrisch voertuig
                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                          Arno van Lochem - Senior RX
                          0
                          23
                          823

                        • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                          AWDC LAO
                          AWDC LAO
                          0
                          5
                          97

                        • Altitude numbers size
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          5
                          134

                        • 5 dagen Harz.. 2 problemen met AA
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          0
                          5
                          202

                        • Verkeersbewuste routeberekening…..
                          M. Schrijver
                          M. Schrijver
                          1
                          14
                          2.4k

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app