Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
91 Posts 34 Posters 2.4k Views 20 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Anonymouse
    Anonymouse
    Anonymouse
    wrote last edited by
    #82

    On AI pricing. Nothing seems to have been published about this yet but here's a point of view: please don't make it (for lifetime members) another price-per-month add-on. Many of us (especially those most likely to use the feature) are already paying monthly for one or more AI systems; other apps include AI as just another feature. Usage limits might be one way to control the cost of tokens, as long as we get a decent allowance. But we already have too many monthly subscriptions for overlapping capabilities.

    Ideally there would be a simple API which allows us to use our own GenAI to operate MRA, with our own subscription rather than something baked in which evolves more slowly than the (incredible) pace at which the main AI vendors are moving. A one-off lifetime fee for that API would of course be needed.

    For those who don't want AI features, wait and see - I don't know what MyRoute-app will do, but I am using ChatGPT Plus extensively for route planning at the detailed level and frankly it is amazing. I just wish it could exchange data properly with MRA.
    This is functionality which has the potential to transform MRA.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Hubert Thoring
      Hubert Thoring
      Hubert Thoring
      Valued contributor
      wrote last edited by Hubert Thoring
      #83

      Thanks for all the work, the communication on the web site has now also been improved.

      I didn't suspect anything bad, just reunderstood the topic of Lifetime.

      The comparison of the functions per subscription was helpful. Klick hier zur Info

      Proposal:

      • A discount for beta testers in the Next whether navigation - Next or route planning Next would be a recognition for many many hours in the beta area that seriously try to show MRA points in the update to stimulate reflection before it is published for everyone. Best regards ais Münster 🤚

      VG Hubert
      Beta Test "Next App" dazu die Hardware .
      iPad 9. Gen iOS 26.7/ iPhone 16e iOS 26.7/ Navi iPhone Xr iOS 18.7.10 / PC mit MS Win11 /❗️MyRoute-App im Cradel und Remotek-One❗️ Info zu MRA & Remotek One

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Jörgen
        Valued contributor
        wrote last edited by
        #84

        @peter-schiefer I’m amazed at how inaccurate your comments are. I’m afraid I have to say that you haven’t understood a thing of what Corjan and others have now explained more than once.

        Hardware
        iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
        iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
        Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
        Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
        Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
        MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Guzzist
          Guzzist
          Guzzist
          Valued contributor
          wrote last edited by
          #85

          I feel a bit surprised but also irritated or disappointed! Because for a long time it has been announced, a new website is in development. I’m really looking forward to it, as there’s quite a lot that could be improved.

          But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
          a new Navigator will be launched!

          I will not step in about pricing discussion.
          But I feel like @travellexxie : some time ago, we had a roadmap for development. But it disappears silently. Not nice!
          As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.
          I feel I’ve been treated a litle bit unfairly.

          Nothing is impossible ;-)
          In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
          In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

          Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Brian McG Brian McG

            @Con-Hennekens I do think it is a bit cheeky asking €49 to be a Beta guinea pig,
            for the privilege of providing feedback, paying €49 + spending the time to test made me laugh

            I understand that with my Lifetime Gold I just have to wait till February to use the new planner & I will have access to all the functionality I currently have in February

            The only benefit I see for me in accessing the Beta would be the addition of the MRA Route Collaboration & Group Rides functionality to my subscription
            I get that Route Collaboration means multiple users able to edit the same route file simultaneously & that seems like a nice new feature, is there a max number of concurrent users, is it 2 or higher?
            As I have no idea what the functionality of Group Rides is I cant effectively evaluate if it is worth paying the €49 for the beta access, what does Group Rides do?

            Oh & a bit of free feedback 😂 😈 😂
            image.jpeg
            screen real estate is precious, having the functions in a vertical tab takes up a lot of lateral space reducing the important map area, either revert functions tabs to horizontal, make it user configurable, or add the ability to collapse the vertical tab so it takes up less space
            oh & I dont need a "Discover" button that I am unlikely to use always hiding part of the map 😂

            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            Alpha tester
            wrote last edited by
            #86

            @Brian-McG said:

            The only benefit I see for me in accessing the Beta would be the addition of the MRA Route Collaboration & Group Rides functionality to my subscription

            Maybe that should have been the first line in the add indeed, since many people already seem to get angry at that first line 😉 It certainly proves that the offer is NOT just about being a beta guinea pig.

            I will leave further announcements on the specifics of the features to the MRA team though 😉

            I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

            Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

            Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Brian McG Brian McG

              @Con-Hennekens I do think it is a bit cheeky asking €49 to be a Beta guinea pig,
              for the privilege of providing feedback, paying €49 + spending the time to test made me laugh

              I understand that with my Lifetime Gold I just have to wait till February to use the new planner & I will have access to all the functionality I currently have in February

              The only benefit I see for me in accessing the Beta would be the addition of the MRA Route Collaboration & Group Rides functionality to my subscription
              I get that Route Collaboration means multiple users able to edit the same route file simultaneously & that seems like a nice new feature, is there a max number of concurrent users, is it 2 or higher?
              As I have no idea what the functionality of Group Rides is I cant effectively evaluate if it is worth paying the €49 for the beta access, what does Group Rides do?

              Oh & a bit of free feedback 😂 😈 😂
              image.jpeg
              screen real estate is precious, having the functions in a vertical tab takes up a lot of lateral space reducing the important map area, either revert functions tabs to horizontal, make it user configurable, or add the ability to collapse the vertical tab so it takes up less space
              oh & I dont need a "Discover" button that I am unlikely to use always hiding part of the map 😂

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote last edited by
              #87

              @Brian-McG said:

              screen real estate is precious, having the functions in a vertical tab takes up a lot of lateral space reducing the important map area, either revert functions tabs to horizontal, make it user configurable, or add the ability to collapse the vertical tab so it takes up less space

              Litterally the whole software industry is moving towards vertical menu bars... This to prevent degrading your screen to some letterbox view, especially on wide screen monitors.

              Besides, you can hide it...

              image.jpeg

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Guzzist Guzzist

                I feel a bit surprised but also irritated or disappointed! Because for a long time it has been announced, a new website is in development. I’m really looking forward to it, as there’s quite a lot that could be improved.

                But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
                a new Navigator will be launched!

                I will not step in about pricing discussion.
                But I feel like @travellexxie : some time ago, we had a roadmap for development. But it disappears silently. Not nice!
                As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.
                I feel I’ve been treated a litle bit unfairly.

                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Alpha tester
                wrote last edited by
                #88

                @Guzzist said:

                But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
                a new Navigator will be launched!

                Yes, isn't that wonderful? What did you have in mind, that all news and new features would have been given away prematurely? There is not much about a product launch if you already know everything, is there?

                As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.

                Is that not exactly what the early access is about? People seem to miss the fact that it is an early access offer, exactly for what you say.

                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                Guzzist 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                  @Guzzist said:

                  But suddenly surprise surprise - without any pre information -
                  a new Navigator will be launched!

                  Yes, isn't that wonderful? What did you have in mind, that all news and new features would have been given away prematurely? There is not much about a product launch if you already know everything, is there?

                  As a lifetime license user, we would like to accompany the development and to demonstrate our solidarity.

                  Is that not exactly what the early access is about? People seem to miss the fact that it is an early access offer, exactly for what you say.

                  Guzzist
                  Guzzist
                  Guzzist
                  Valued contributor
                  wrote last edited by
                  #89

                  @Con-Hennekens yes Con you are right, with your 2 responses. But I was waiting for the early access of promised Web Route Planner - not for Navigator...

                  Nothing is impossible ;-)
                  In past: GARMIN Zumo 210->GARMIN Zumo 395->GARMIN XT=> now: DMD T865-X + MyRoute-App, LocusMaps, OsmAnd.
                  In past: GARMIN MapSource ->GARMIN BaseCamp->Tyre->Kurviger->Calimoto=> now: MRA-Routplanner.

                  Stefan Hummelink 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • LennyO
                    LennyO
                    LennyO
                    RouteXpert
                    wrote last edited by
                    #90

                    I think we all should just calm down and embrace the hard work of the development team. I am sure that noone will be loosing any functionality they paid for and used before when the new version comes out!
                    I, personally, am totally on board with paying a bit extra for extra features that I may not need at the moment, but very likely to use at some point in the near future.
                    I have a question though...
                    @corjan-meijerink will the new release have a way to turn the newly created route to a track without saving it first and then importing it back as a track?
                    Thank you! Keep up your great work!!!!
                    GO MRA!!!!!

                    Positive emotions are worth every penny ;)

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    2
                    • Guzzist Guzzist

                      @Con-Hennekens yes Con you are right, with your 2 responses. But I was waiting for the early access of promised Web Route Planner - not for Navigator...

                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote last edited by Stefan Hummelink
                      #91

                      @Guzzist said:

                      But I was waiting for the early access of promised Web Route Planner - not for Navigator...

                      Euh, this bèta announcement is in fact for the web route planner, NOT for the navigation app?

                      After launch MRA offers to main distinct products for which obviously different pricings are applicable:

                      • MRA Navigation Next
                      • MRA Routeplanner Next
                      • MRA Routeplanner "Legacy", for a t.b.d. period of time)
                      • New stuff... Yet to be disclosed, but hinted on by the beta website...

                      And obviously the app is sort of "connected to" all of these products.

                      This thread is about the Routeplanner Next!

                      Manks bu'j te bange.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      2

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • 1
                      • 2
                      • 3
                      • 4
                      • 5
                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Travellexxie
                      Travellexxie
                      Dave J 0
                      Dave J 0
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Anonymouse
                      Anonymouse
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Peter Schiefer
                      Peter Schiefer
                      Tom Grzelinski
                      Tom Grzelinski
                      John S Parry
                      John S Parry
                      Adrian Avram
                      Adrian Avram
                      Tenmill 0
                      Tenmill 0
                      Karel76
                      Karel76
                      silberfuchs67
                      silberfuchs67
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Joe Hoss
                      Joe Hoss
                      peha
                      peha
                      Emanuele 5
                      Emanuele 5
                      SteD
                      SteD
                      julien j
                      julien j
                      Cookie On Tour
                      Cookie On Tour
                      Stanisław
                      Stanisław
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        9
                        91
                        2.4k

                      • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Rob Veerman
                        Rob Veerman
                        5
                        86
                        2.2k

                      • Elektrisch voertuig
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        21
                        710

                      • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        Peter Zehentreiter
                        0
                        5
                        107

                      • Seizoensafsluitingen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        4
                        30

                      • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                        superg
                        superg
                        0
                        3
                        28

                      • Altitude numbers size
                        RainerT
                        RainerT
                        0
                        4
                        83

                      • Hoe kan ik in één route een stuk met en een stuk zonder snelwegen plannen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        3
                        97

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app