Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Announcements
126 Posts 42 Posters 12.1k Views 24 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Karel76 Karel76

    In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

    Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

    This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

    I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

    Stefan Hummelink
    Stefan Hummelink
    Stefan Hummelink
    Alpha tester
    wrote last edited by Stefan Hummelink
    #117

    @Karel76 said:

    putting down

    Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... 😂?

    Manks bu'j te bange.

    Karel76 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

      @Karel76 said:

      putting down

      Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... 😂?

      Karel76
      Karel76
      Karel76
      wrote last edited by
      #118

      @Stefan-Hummelink said:

      Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

      If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

      Stefan Hummelink Dae 0 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Karel76 Karel76

        In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.

        Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.

        This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.

        I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.

        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Rob Verhoeff
        Alpha tester
        wrote last edited by
        #119

        @Karel76 If you’re so convinced that this entire platform falls far short of your expectations, why do you post comments like this? Delete your account and look elsewhere. I consider this nothing more than an attempt to stir up discontent.

        🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
        📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
        🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
        💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

        1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • Karel76 Karel76

          @Stefan-Hummelink said:

          Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

          If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

          Stefan Hummelink
          Stefan Hummelink
          Stefan Hummelink
          Alpha tester
          wrote last edited by
          #120

          @Karel76 said:

          correctly

          Wellz you didn't 😉. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.

          In Dutch: "inslapen" or "afmaken".

          Manks bu'j te bange.

          Vince Hyde 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Karel76 Karel76

            @Stefan-Hummelink said:

            Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

            If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

            Dae 0
            Dae 0
            Dae 0
            wrote last edited by Dae 0
            #121

            @Karel76 said:

            @Stefan-Hummelink said:

            Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?

            If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.

            “Putting down” can mean to insult or disparage someone. If that’s what you thought, then you have understood the phrase correctly

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Stefan Hummelink Stefan Hummelink

              @Karel76 said:

              correctly

              Wellz you didn't 😉. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.

              In Dutch: "inslapen" or "afmaken".

              Vince Hyde
              Vince Hyde
              Vince Hyde
              wrote last edited by
              #122

              @Stefan-Hummelink, with English being my first and, to be honest, my only language, the phrase putting down has several meanings; one is, as you say, to euthanize animals, but also, as the poster meant, to insult, criticize, or belittle a person; you can also put your bags or objects down.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Alpha tester
                wrote last edited by
                #123

                This discussion is leading nowhere. There has been sufficient explanations multiple times, if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand. I am not saying the hole introduction was 100% splendid, but enough has been said.

                I think it is time to close the thread, before more people start being insulting or even abusing...

                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                martin-phogel.de 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                  This discussion is leading nowhere. There has been sufficient explanations multiple times, if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand. I am not saying the hole introduction was 100% splendid, but enough has been said.

                  I think it is time to close the thread, before more people start being insulting or even abusing...

                  martin-phogel.de
                  martin-phogel.de
                  martin-phogel.de
                  wrote last edited by
                  #124

                  @Con-Hennekens sagte:

                  if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand.

                  Wow.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Tim 57 0
                    Tim 57 0
                    Tim 57 0
                    wrote last edited by
                    #125

                    quod erat demonstrandum

                    I don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but it is precisely these kinds of reactions that clearly rub people the wrong way. Instead of addressing concerns and questions openly and amicably, people are quick to pass judgment.

                    I am a member of many forums related to surfing, classic cars, PCs, and various other hobbies. The tone isn't always friendly there—which is fine, since people come together and everyone can decide for themselves whether to stay.

                    In this case, however, we are dealing with the sale or promotion of a product. I am happy for all the alpha testers and insiders, but perhaps it would be more sensible to communicate in a better, more neutral way, treat questions and concerns with respect, and rein in one's ego a bit.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Developer
                      wrote last edited by
                      #126

                      I’ve done that already numerous times

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      1
                      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink locked this topic

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      • 1
                      • 2
                      • 3
                      • 4
                      • 5
                      • 6
                      • 7
                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Tim 57 0
                      Tim 57 0
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      Rob Verhoeff
                      martin-phogel.de
                      martin-phogel.de
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Vince Hyde
                      Vince Hyde
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Karel76
                      Karel76
                      Dave J 0
                      Dave J 0
                      John S Parry
                      John S Parry
                      LE DIZES Freddy
                      LE DIZES Freddy
                      Tom Grzelinski
                      Tom Grzelinski
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Peter Schiefer
                      Peter Schiefer
                      Stanisław
                      Stanisław
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      Adrian Avram
                      Adrian Avram
                      JP d
                      JP d
                      Anonymouse
                      Anonymouse
                      Tenmill 0
                      Tenmill 0
                      silberfuchs67
                      silberfuchs67
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Stevedo 6 0
                      Joe Hoss
                      Joe Hoss
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Custom POI color and icons
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        7
                        28

                      • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        13
                        36

                      • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        9
                        126
                        12.1k

                      • Route line is not easy to follow on map
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        0
                        6
                        22

                      • Issues on one-way streets when reversing routes
                        b0hd1
                        b0hd1
                        0
                        10
                        39

                      • F004 MRA Navigation Error
                        Hubert Thoring
                        Hubert Thoring
                        0
                        5
                        21

                      • Reclame van Navigation Next blokkeert de navigatie.
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        Rob Verhoeff
                        0
                        4
                        132

                      • Probleem met eigen Stay
                        Albert van den Elsen
                        Albert van den Elsen
                        0
                        5
                        17

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app