[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
-
In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.
Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.
This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.
I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.
-
In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.
Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.
This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.
I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.
-
Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?
If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.
-
In my opinion, they completely messed up the PR.
Instead of a well-prepared campaign for the new version, there was total confusion, which they hurriedly tried to fix by adding information to the website. On top of that, their testers (routeexpert etc) and team members were putting down users who didn't understand the new version.
This might be forgivable for a free, open-source project, but not for a paid service. If I had a subscription instead of a lifetime license (Lifetime Gold), I would switch to a competitor immediately.
I've been dissatisfied with the Android app for a long time. Honestly, I regret buying the lifetime license and cannot recommend purchasing it to anyone I know.
@Karel76 If you’re so convinced that this entire platform falls far short of your expectations, why do you post comments like this? Delete your account and look elsewhere. I consider this nothing more than an attempt to stir up discontent.
-
Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?
If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.
-
Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?
If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.
Regardless of the rest of your message, and whether your statements regarding those "other users" are true or not, you do realize that "putting down" in English means something completely different from what you intend to say... ?
If I understand the phrase "putting down" correctly, that was the impression I got from the whole discussion on this topic.
“Putting down” can mean to insult or disparage someone. If that’s what you thought, then you have understood the phrase correctly
-
@Stefan-Hummelink, with English being my first and, to be honest, my only language, the phrase putting down has several meanings; one is, as you say, to euthanize animals, but also, as the poster meant, to insult, criticize, or belittle a person; you can also put your bags or objects down.
-
This discussion is leading nowhere. There has been sufficient explanations multiple times, if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand. I am not saying the hole introduction was 100% splendid, but enough has been said.
I think it is time to close the thread, before more people start being insulting or even abusing...
-
This discussion is leading nowhere. There has been sufficient explanations multiple times, if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand. I am not saying the hole introduction was 100% splendid, but enough has been said.
I think it is time to close the thread, before more people start being insulting or even abusing...
if people still do not understand they simply choose to not understand.
Wow.
-
quod erat demonstrandum
I don’t want to add fuel to the fire, but it is precisely these kinds of reactions that clearly rub people the wrong way. Instead of addressing concerns and questions openly and amicably, people are quick to pass judgment.
I am a member of many forums related to surfing, classic cars, PCs, and various other hobbies. The tone isn't always friendly there—which is fine, since people come together and everyone can decide for themselves whether to stay.
In this case, however, we are dealing with the sale or promotion of a product. I am happy for all the alpha testers and insiders, but perhaps it would be more sensible to communicate in a better, more neutral way, treat questions and concerns with respect, and rein in one's ego a bit.
-
I’ve done that already numerous times
-
Corjan Meijerink locked this topic
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
?
. Putting down means to euthanize or to kill and most often used for stray dogs or sick incurable animals.