Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Which map layer do you recommend when navigating??

Which map layer do you recommend when navigating??

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
3 Posts 3 Posters 1.2k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Johannes Bergmark
    Johannes Bergmark
    Johannes Bergmark
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hello!
    I have mainly used OSM, but there are other alternatives such as TomTom, Here etc..

    I do navigate with the MRA on my Android device fitted on the motorcycle, I wonder if there is any benefits to use either of the layers. I guess maybe it is only important to use i.e. TomTom if you would normally extract the route such a device. Is there any benefits to use OSM versus Here?

    Also, I guess you may select which map layer to use when constructing a route, is there any benefits to chose the layers against each ither?

    In two weeks we will travel south along Europe.

    Brian McG 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • RainerT
      RainerT
      RainerT
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      have you read the dokumentation already?

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Johannes Bergmark Johannes Bergmark

        Hello!
        I have mainly used OSM, but there are other alternatives such as TomTom, Here etc..

        I do navigate with the MRA on my Android device fitted on the motorcycle, I wonder if there is any benefits to use either of the layers. I guess maybe it is only important to use i.e. TomTom if you would normally extract the route such a device. Is there any benefits to use OSM versus Here?

        Also, I guess you may select which map layer to use when constructing a route, is there any benefits to chose the layers against each ither?

        In two weeks we will travel south along Europe.

        Brian McG
        Brian McG
        Brian McG
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Hi @Johannes-Bergmark if you are explicitly asking about the map layer in the navigation app (the green arrow)

        8d15387c-092e-46aa-84b6-cd88621e9d35-image.png

        As far as I understand it makes no difference to the navigation which map layer you use
        The map layers in the navigation app are purely a graphic layer so you pick the one that most pleases you
        I also tend to use the OSM as it has more contrasting colours & I find it easier to read,
        the Here map is just a bland indecipherable grey mush

        BlackView BV7100, Android 12
        Navigate "Routes as Tracks" in Offline mode with Offline Maps
        No Wifi, no internet, no interruptions, works well

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        RainerT
        RainerT
        Brian McG
        Brian McG
        Johannes Bergmark
        Johannes Bergmark
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Add delete route button to library
          Jörgen
          Jörgen
          0
          8
          15

        • Crazy routing
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          0
          6
          18

        • Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
          b0hd1
          b0hd1
          1
          5
          14

        • Strange translation
          Jörgen
          Jörgen
          0
          6
          15

        • Where is the "Routes" option?
          LennyO
          LennyO
          0
          5
          24

        • google street view volledige boord zichtbaar maken.
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          0
          4
          61

        • Foutmelding In MRA Next
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          4
          20

        • Kort voorstellen
          a white mouse on the motorbike
          a white mouse on the motorbike
          2
          4
          112

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app