Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. High Contrast Maps

High Contrast Maps

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
18 Posts 9 Posters 2.3k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TuonoPants
    TuonoPants
    TuonoPants
    wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Here is a comparison of Google maps with the Here map on MRA, despite the poor image quality the difference is obvious.
    The road colour doesn't need to change, just the background when out of town.

    PXL_20260629_112625063.jpg
    PXL_20260629_112751034.jpg

    1 Reply Last reply
    4
    • Dominique Javet
      Dominique Javet
      Dominique Javet
      wrote on last edited by
      #10

      I would like more contrast as well. My old eyes are crying... I use Dart as color but it's not enough.

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Marinus van Deudekom
        Marinus van Deudekom
        Marinus van Deudekom
        RouteXpert
        wrote on last edited by
        #11

        You could try to use Wong logistic
        I find that one is better

        Honda Goldwing GL1500,
        Honda Silverwing GL 650
        DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
        Garmin XT sold
        Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • Jan Jans Gold 0 0
          Jan Jans Gold 0 0
          Jan Jans Gold 0 0
          wrote on last edited by Jan Jans Gold 0 0
          #12

          @ Marinus: I don't agree. In the countryside roads are hardly visible. In Logistic You can't even see these roads...
          Dart & Topografic seems to be the best contrast overall. But I would still like a more contrasting card.

          Marinus van Deudekom John S Parry 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • Jan Jans Gold 0 0
            Jan Jans Gold 0 0
            Jan Jans Gold 0 0
            wrote on last edited by
            #13
            This post is deleted!
            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Jan Jans Gold 0 0 Jan Jans Gold 0 0

              @ Marinus: I don't agree. In the countryside roads are hardly visible. In Logistic You can't even see these roads...
              Dart & Topografic seems to be the best contrast overall. But I would still like a more contrasting card.

              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              RouteXpert
              wrote on last edited by
              #14

              @Jan-Jans-Gold-0-0 that had to do with the Here SDK and can't be fixed by MRA. Whatever you like best use it

              Honda Goldwing GL1500,
              Honda Silverwing GL 650
              DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
              Garmin XT sold
              Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Jan Jans Gold 0 0 Jan Jans Gold 0 0

                @ Marinus: I don't agree. In the countryside roads are hardly visible. In Logistic You can't even see these roads...
                Dart & Topografic seems to be the best contrast overall. But I would still like a more contrasting card.

                John S Parry
                John S Parry
                John S Parry
                wrote on last edited by
                #15

                @Jan-Jans-Gold-0-0 said:

                @ Marinus: I don't agree. In the countryside roads are hardly visible. In Logistic You can't even see these roads...
                Dart & Topografic seems to be the best contrast overall. But I would still like a more contrasting card.

                Probably the best phone app maps I've used are in OsmAnd Pro. The 3D rendering of countryside areas is a treat to experience. Unfortunately, there isn't the flexibility to import these maps into MRA Next.

                The absolute best I've used is the 3D Terrain map in the Garmin XT3. The visualization takes the layered driving map to a different level. While Garmin uses HERE, these are specialized hybrid maps not available to the outside world.

                For urban areas, the MRA Next map is very good. But there are tradeoffs with everything.

                Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • John S Parry John S Parry

                  @Jan-Jans-Gold-0-0 said:

                  @ Marinus: I don't agree. In the countryside roads are hardly visible. In Logistic You can't even see these roads...
                  Dart & Topografic seems to be the best contrast overall. But I would still like a more contrasting card.

                  Probably the best phone app maps I've used are in OsmAnd Pro. The 3D rendering of countryside areas is a treat to experience. Unfortunately, there isn't the flexibility to import these maps into MRA Next.

                  The absolute best I've used is the 3D Terrain map in the Garmin XT3. The visualization takes the layered driving map to a different level. While Garmin uses HERE, these are specialized hybrid maps not available to the outside world.

                  For urban areas, the MRA Next map is very good. But there are tradeoffs with everything.

                  Marinus van Deudekom
                  Marinus van Deudekom
                  Marinus van Deudekom
                  RouteXpert
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #16

                  @John-S-Parry wel John. I know you really love Garmin. Did you notice this is not a Garmin platform. You also know that what I think of Garmin is something you dont want to hear, so please keep your love for Garmin in the Garmin platform

                  Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                  Honda Silverwing GL 650
                  DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                  Garmin XT sold
                  Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                  John S Parry 1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                    @John-S-Parry wel John. I know you really love Garmin. Did you notice this is not a Garmin platform. You also know that what I think of Garmin is something you dont want to hear, so please keep your love for Garmin in the Garmin platform

                    John S Parry
                    John S Parry
                    John S Parry
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #17

                    @Marinus-van-Deudekom said:

                    wel John. I know you really love Garmin. Did you notice this is not a Garmin platform. You also know that what I think of Garmin is something you dont want to hear, so please keep your love for Garmin in the Garmin platform

                    The man is looking for answers. If all you want to do is bash anything Garmin, you're doing a disservice to anyone looking for useful information. Your input was to weakly defend what's already in MRA Next, and when confronted with its inadequacy, concluded with "Whatever you like best use it". That certainly seems like an invitation to look elsewhere.

                    I gave a balanced answer, and hopefully something useful. If that somehow offends you, please move on.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    4
                    • TuonoPants
                      TuonoPants
                      TuonoPants
                      wrote last edited by
                      #18

                      After a bit of experimentation I've settled on the Dart and Explore combination which gives reasonable contrast and certainly a lot more usable than the default settings.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      ACTIVE USERS
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Next Stop
                      Next Stop
                      Thomas Neumeyer
                      Thomas Neumeyer
                      Guzzist
                      Guzzist
                      John S Parry
                      John S Parry
                      Aiello antonino
                      Aiello antonino
                      TuonoPants
                      TuonoPants
                      Jan Jans Gold 0 0
                      Jan Jans Gold 0 0
                      Dominique Javet
                      Dominique Javet
                      POPULAR TOPICS
                      • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
                        M. Schrijver
                        M. Schrijver
                        0
                        18
                        318

                      • test Myroute APP
                        Travellexxie
                        Travellexxie
                        3
                        18
                        1.6k

                      • A01 - Kaartlaagweergave OpenStreetMap
                        Hubert Thori
                        Hubert Thori
                        0
                        3
                        11

                      • Hello from Thailand
                        Bull Tahr
                        Bull Tahr
                        0
                        5
                        166

                      • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                        AWDC LAO
                        AWDC LAO
                        5
                        107
                        8.2k

                      • Tour results and a question
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        0
                        2
                        8

                      • New beta! 6.0.0 (514)
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        13
                        34
                        456

                      • Route hervatten vanaf huidige locatie / Resume Route from Current Location
                        Duco van Engelen 0 0
                        Duco van Engelen 0 0
                        1
                        10
                        688

                      MY GROUPS
                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Support
                      • MyRoute-app