Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. Getting started with the Navigation Add on??

Getting started with the Navigation Add on??

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
14 Posts 5 Posters 2.9k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

    Sorry if this has been cocered before. I have tried searching theforum but can't find anything relevant.

    OK I've just purchased the Navigation Add on for my Gold membership. What do I have t do to get the Navigation Features on my phone, such as turn by turn etc. At the moment it looks exactly the same as it was before I bought the add on.

    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Alpha tester
    wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @Chris-Thorpe, virtually nothing... 😉 The functionality is linked to your account, so if you login in into the app with the account you purchased Navigation on, all should be good. It could be, I am not sure, that there is a little time involved for your account to get updated though.

    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

    Chris Thorpe 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

      @Chris-Thorpe, virtually nothing... 😉 The functionality is linked to your account, so if you login in into the app with the account you purchased Navigation on, all should be good. It could be, I am not sure, that there is a little time involved for your account to get updated though.

      Chris Thorpe
      Chris Thorpe
      Chris Thorpe
      wrote on last edited by
      #4

      @Con-Hennekens I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it still looks the same. Maybe you're right and it needs a little time. Thx

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

        @Chris-Thorpe, virtually nothing... 😉 The functionality is linked to your account, so if you login in into the app with the account you purchased Navigation on, all should be good. It could be, I am not sure, that there is a little time involved for your account to get updated though.

        Chris Thorpe
        Chris Thorpe
        Chris Thorpe
        wrote on last edited by
        #5

        @Con-Hennekens Under my profile its shows that I have bought the Gold and the Navigation package. Still no sign of my turn by turn feature. Can't help but think I've done something wrong. Thx Chris

        RetiredWingMan 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

          @Con-Hennekens Under my profile its shows that I have bought the Gold and the Navigation package. Still no sign of my turn by turn feature. Can't help but think I've done something wrong. Thx Chris

          RetiredWingMan
          RetiredWingMan
          RetiredWingMan
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #6

          @Chris-Thorpe what are you looking for in the way of turn by turn feature? Did you open a route from your library? Is the yellow navigate button visible?
          Screenshot_20240513_092335.jpg

          2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

          Chris Thorpe 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • RetiredWingMan RetiredWingMan

            @Chris-Thorpe what are you looking for in the way of turn by turn feature? Did you open a route from your library? Is the yellow navigate button visible?
            Screenshot_20240513_092335.jpg

            Chris Thorpe
            Chris Thorpe
            Chris Thorpe
            wrote on last edited by
            #7

            @RetiredWingMan I've just opened a route from the Library and got the turn by turn instructions for that route👍 However if I open up on of my own 'private' routes I do not get the yellow navigate button. Do the routes have to be in the library to be able to use this feature? Thx Chris

            RetiredWingMan 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

              @RetiredWingMan I've just opened a route from the Library and got the turn by turn instructions for that route👍 However if I open up on of my own 'private' routes I do not get the yellow navigate button. Do the routes have to be in the library to be able to use this feature? Thx Chris

              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by RetiredWingMan
              #8

              @Chris-Thorpe when you created your routes, what travel mode did you use? Did you perhaps use bicycle or walking? You can change it on the above screen.

              2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

              Chris Thorpe 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • RetiredWingMan RetiredWingMan

                @Chris-Thorpe when you created your routes, what travel mode did you use? Did you perhaps use bicycle or walking? You can change it on the above screen.

                Chris Thorpe
                Chris Thorpe
                Chris Thorpe
                wrote on last edited by
                #9

                @RetiredWingMan I used bicycle, should i use car ?

                Rob Verhoeff RetiredWingMan 2 Replies Last reply
                0
                • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

                  @RetiredWingMan I used bicycle, should i use car ?

                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Rob Verhoeff
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  @Chris-Thorpe 'Car' is one of the possibilities for t-b-t instructions. Only walking and bycicle do not activate the t-b-t navigation engine.

                  🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                  📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                  🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                  💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                  Chris Thorpe 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

                    @RetiredWingMan I used bicycle, should i use car ?

                    RetiredWingMan
                    RetiredWingMan
                    RetiredWingMan
                    Valued contributor
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    @Chris-Thorpe use what you are driving/riding. For walking and bicycle no turn by turn is provided, just open the route and follow the arrow. You should review some training videos and take a look at the user manual in support.

                    2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                      @Chris-Thorpe 'Car' is one of the possibilities for t-b-t instructions. Only walking and bycicle do not activate the t-b-t navigation engine.

                      Chris Thorpe
                      Chris Thorpe
                      Chris Thorpe
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      @Rob-Verhoeff OK I wasn't aware that in bicycle the navigation tbt wasn't available. Why is this? Thx Chris

                      RetiredWingMan Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
                      0
                      • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

                        @Rob-Verhoeff OK I wasn't aware that in bicycle the navigation tbt wasn't available. Why is this? Thx Chris

                        RetiredWingMan
                        RetiredWingMan
                        RetiredWingMan
                        Valued contributor
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #13

                        @Chris-Thorpe I'm not really sure, perhaps related to your speed. You can always use motorcycle or car. The lack of tbt may be related to Here rather than MRA. Perhaps someone at MRA can answer.

                        2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Chris Thorpe Chris Thorpe

                          @Rob-Verhoeff OK I wasn't aware that in bicycle the navigation tbt wasn't available. Why is this? Thx Chris

                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Alpha tester
                          wrote on last edited by Rob Verhoeff
                          #14

                          @Chris-Thorpe said in Getting started with the Navigation Add on??:

                          Why is this?

                          The Here map does not have all bicycle paths available on the map. And the t-b-t exclusively uses the Here map.

                          I also regularly create routes for that as well. I simply do that in the OSM map. You can open that route and just follow the blue line. The speed is of secondary importance for which you would need t-b-t navigation.

                          🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                          📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                          🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                          💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          1

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          ACTIVE USERS
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          HABVEN aka MrMRA
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          RetiredWingMan
                          RetiredWingMan
                          Chris Thorpe
                          Chris Thorpe
                          POPULAR TOPICS
                          • Add delete route button to library
                            Jörgen
                            Jörgen
                            0
                            8
                            15

                          • Crazy routing
                            Hubert Thoring
                            Hubert Thoring
                            0
                            5
                            18

                          • Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
                            b0hd1
                            b0hd1
                            1
                            5
                            14

                          • Strange translation
                            Jörgen
                            Jörgen
                            0
                            6
                            15

                          • Where is the "Routes" option?
                            LennyO
                            LennyO
                            0
                            5
                            24

                          • google street view volledige boord zichtbaar maken.
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            0
                            4
                            61

                          • Foutmelding In MRA Next
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            Rob Verhoeff
                            0
                            4
                            19

                          • Kort voorstellen
                            a white mouse on the motorbike
                            a white mouse on the motorbike
                            2
                            4
                            111

                          MY GROUPS
                          • Login

                          • Login or register to search.
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Categories
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Support
                          • MyRoute-app