Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Navigation next doesn't restart navigation from the current position?

Navigation next doesn't restart navigation from the current position?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
20 Posts 8 Posters 4.3k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

    @Corrado-Miniati-0 said in Navigation next doesn't restart navigation from the current position?:

    I hope that the evidence that users transmit in the forum is also read by the developers

    Yes, they do!

    Corrado Miniati 0
    Corrado Miniati 0
    Corrado Miniati 0
    wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @Rob-Verhoeff
    Even in today's navigation I encountered the same problem as yesterday, Navigation Next continues to want to take you to starting point 1 even when you have already gone far along the path, in this way the app becomes unusable for me, is it a bug?

    20231215_134604.jpg

    Thanks a lot

    Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Corrado Miniati 0 Corrado Miniati 0

      @Rob-Verhoeff
      Even in today's navigation I encountered the same problem as yesterday, Navigation Next continues to want to take you to starting point 1 even when you have already gone far along the path, in this way the app becomes unusable for me, is it a bug?

      20231215_134604.jpg

      Thanks a lot

      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #8

      @Corrado-Miniati-0 said in Navigation next doesn't restart navigation from the current position?:

      is it a bug?

      I really have no idea. The app works fine for me.

      🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
      📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
      🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
      💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Corrado Miniati 0 Corrado Miniati 0

        When navigating today's itinerary 1 (attached), after restarting from stop no. 25 the app wanted me to return to point 1 instead of proceeding with waypoints no. 26 even though I had chosen the "calculate from your current location" option ", to proceed correctly I had to manually delete all points 1-25.
        Where did I go wrong?
        Screenshot_20231214_130508.jpg
        20231214_191552.jpg

        Thanks a lot

        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #9

        @Corrado-Miniati-0

        Do you use the Here map to create your routes? Navigation Next uses the Here card for Navigation.
        Place the shaping and waypoints correctly on the black route line

        BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
        Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

        Corrado Miniati 0 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

          @Corrado-Miniati-0

          Do you use the Here map to create your routes? Navigation Next uses the Here card for Navigation.
          Place the shaping and waypoints correctly on the black route line

          Corrado Miniati 0
          Corrado Miniati 0
          Corrado Miniati 0
          wrote on last edited by
          #10

          @Rob: thanks for the feedback, I need to understand the reason for this incorrect management

          @Hans: thanks for the feedback, I don't use Here but OpenStreetMap because it is the only option that allows me to use the segments, with Here they are disabled.
          Do you have any suggestions?

          Appunti01.jpg

          HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • M. Schrijver
            M. Schrijver
            M. Schrijver
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by M. Schrijver
            #11

            The few times i used the app to restart a route it always tried to sent me back to the 1. point.
            This already so for multiple software versions.

            The chose map in the routeplanner should not have any influence on this behaviour.

            (I use MRA Next only on Android Auto. Every comment, suggestion, etc will be based on my usage with Android Auto)

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Corrado Miniati 0 Corrado Miniati 0

              @Rob: thanks for the feedback, I need to understand the reason for this incorrect management

              @Hans: thanks for the feedback, I don't use Here but OpenStreetMap because it is the only option that allows me to use the segments, with Here they are disabled.
              Do you have any suggestions?

              Appunti01.jpg

              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              HABVEN aka MrMRA
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #12

              @Corrado-Miniati-0

              After you planned the route, change map to Here and check the route

              BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
              Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

              Corrado Miniati 0 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                @Corrado-Miniati-0

                After you planned the route, change map to Here and check the route

                Corrado Miniati 0
                Corrado Miniati 0
                Corrado Miniati 0
                wrote on last edited by
                #13

                @M. Schrijver: thanks for the feedback but if you also noticed this behavior does it mean that the app has a major bug?
                Do the developers read the forum and are aware of it?

                @Hans: thanks for the feedback, ok I will.
                I thought some users had already verified this solution.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • RetiredWingMan
                  RetiredWingMan
                  RetiredWingMan
                  Valued contributor
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #14

                  When you stop navigation you should get a screen like the one below. At this point just close the app. When you restart the app, this screen should reappear and you choose to resume navigation by clicking the yellow navigation box or click No to end this resume option.
                  Screenshot_20231216-114729.jpg

                  2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Vincent Curren
                    Vincent Curren
                    Vincent Curren
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #15

                    I was out for a ride today. I strategically planned my route to go past a wine store that I liked. I pulled into the parking lot, stopped navigation, went in and bought my wine. When I came out, I pressed "resume navigation," and the software picked up my route from where I was. So, it's working for me. This is on an Android phone, by the way, a Pixel 6.

                    I'm glad to be reminded of the Long-press option, though, in case I need it in the future.

                    Vinnie

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Corrado Miniati 0
                      Corrado Miniati 0
                      Corrado Miniati 0
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #16

                      @Douglas: Thanks for the feedback.
                      I checked, it's as you say, but if you accidentally click on "No" then the app doesn't understand where you are to continue with the planned itinerary?
                      What is the purpose of the "Calculate from your current location" option that you can use if you start browsing again?

                      1702578255182-20231214_191552-resized.jpg

                      @Vinnie: great review, worth what was written for Douglas.

                      Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Corrado Miniati 0 Corrado Miniati 0

                        @Douglas: Thanks for the feedback.
                        I checked, it's as you say, but if you accidentally click on "No" then the app doesn't understand where you are to continue with the planned itinerary?
                        What is the purpose of the "Calculate from your current location" option that you can use if you start browsing again?

                        1702578255182-20231214_191552-resized.jpg

                        @Vinnie: great review, worth what was written for Douglas.

                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #17

                        @Corrado-Miniati-0, Yes, if you pressed "NO" in that position, it is quite clear that starting a new route will advance from the first WP. That is no bug, that's just how it works. Change your habit to put the gloves on only AFTER the route is correct on your device 😉

                        The slider makes it possible to not include the part from the location where you are to the start point of a route, in the duration and the distance of the route.

                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Corrado Miniati 0
                          Corrado Miniati 0
                          Corrado Miniati 0
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #18

                          @Con-Hennekens
                          Thanks Con for the explanation but knowing the current location via GPS, couldn't the app proceed to the next waypoint without returning you to the starting point?
                          Maybe I'm wrong but it seems logical to me.

                          Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Corrado Miniati 0 Corrado Miniati 0

                            @Con-Hennekens
                            Thanks Con for the explanation but knowing the current location via GPS, couldn't the app proceed to the next waypoint without returning you to the starting point?
                            Maybe I'm wrong but it seems logical to me.

                            Nick Carthew
                            Nick Carthew
                            Nick Carthew
                            RouteXpert
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #19

                            @Corrado-Miniati-0 said in Navigation next doesn't restart navigation from the current position?:

                            @Con-Hennekens
                            Thanks Con for the explanation but knowing the current location via GPS, couldn't the app proceed to the next waypoint without returning you to the starting point?
                            Maybe I'm wrong but it seems logical to me.

                            As good as the app is, it is still not capable of reading minds 😁
                            If navigation was turned off and a second confirmation to turn off was chosen the app will think that you want to start the route again from the beginning.
                            A long press on the next route point or choosing the route point from the waypoint list in the navigation menu will start the route from your chosen position.

                            Always willing to help if I can.
                            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                            Corrado Miniati 0 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                              @Corrado-Miniati-0 said in Navigation next doesn't restart navigation from the current position?:

                              @Con-Hennekens
                              Thanks Con for the explanation but knowing the current location via GPS, couldn't the app proceed to the next waypoint without returning you to the starting point?
                              Maybe I'm wrong but it seems logical to me.

                              As good as the app is, it is still not capable of reading minds 😁
                              If navigation was turned off and a second confirmation to turn off was chosen the app will think that you want to start the route again from the beginning.
                              A long press on the next route point or choosing the route point from the waypoint list in the navigation menu will start the route from your chosen position.

                              Corrado Miniati 0
                              Corrado Miniati 0
                              Corrado Miniati 0
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #20

                              @Nick-Carthew
                              Nick thanks for the feedback.
                              Maybe with AI MRA will also get there....😊
                              Jokes aside, I will use the method you suggested, even if for my way of thinking it seems logical to continue along the planned route after a stop and instead I would force it if I decided to change it.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              ACTIVE USERS
                              HABVEN aka MrMRA
                              HABVEN aka MrMRA
                              Rob Verhoeff
                              Rob Verhoeff
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Nick Carthew
                              Nick Carthew
                              M. Schrijver
                              M. Schrijver
                              RetiredWingMan
                              RetiredWingMan
                              Corrado Miniati 0
                              Corrado Miniati 0
                              Vincent Curren
                              Vincent Curren
                              POPULAR TOPICS
                              • Help please, new user
                                Bull Tahr
                                Bull Tahr
                                0
                                8
                                186

                              • My Routeapp Stays questions
                                Lluis Arasanz
                                Lluis Arasanz
                                0
                                5
                                18

                              • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                                Rob Verhoeff
                                Rob Verhoeff
                                0
                                7
                                45

                              • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                0
                                10
                                284

                              • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                                Lluis Arasanz
                                Lluis Arasanz
                                0
                                3
                                10

                              • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
                                Dave J 0
                                Dave J 0
                                0
                                3
                                36

                              • Where is the "Routes" option?
                                Bart De Medts
                                Bart De Medts
                                0
                                2
                                4

                              • No tracklog on Android phone
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                0
                                16
                                822

                              MY GROUPS
                              • Login

                              • Login or register to search.
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Categories
                              • Recent
                              • Popular
                              • Support
                              • MyRoute-app