Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Length of 'text to speech' function

Length of 'text to speech' function

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
22 Posts 7 Posters 6.9k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

    @WimTim, You have the option of the WP name and the WP note. Those are two different things that both get read underway. If you only change the name it will NOT be read if there is a figure in it. It WILL get read of there is a figure in it AND there is a note present. If, like @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master says, the name can be up to 512 characters, I suppose the note is at least equally long. But hey, if you put that much text in, you will probably miss the next turn (or the text gets interrupted, don't know). 😉

    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @Con-Hennekens and @WimTim

    512 characters is the note. The name is much shorter

    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

      @Con-Hennekens and @WimTim

      512 characters is the note. The name is much shorter

      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by Rob Verhoeff
      #5

      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master @Con-Hennekens I tried to fill the name of the waypoint. Stopped at 100 charchters... I wonder how long one can go on putting text in that field!

      Scherm­afbeelding 2023-09-19 om 17.01.21.png

      When putting spaces in between you can go as far as 101 characters...

      Scherm­afbeelding 2023-09-19 om 17.06.12.png

      🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
      📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
      🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
      💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

      Nick Carthew TorqueRider 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master @Con-Hennekens I tried to fill the name of the waypoint. Stopped at 100 charchters... I wonder how long one can go on putting text in that field!

        Scherm­afbeelding 2023-09-19 om 17.01.21.png

        When putting spaces in between you can go as far as 101 characters...

        Scherm­afbeelding 2023-09-19 om 17.06.12.png

        Nick Carthew
        Nick Carthew
        Nick Carthew
        RouteXpert
        wrote on last edited by
        #6

        @Rob-Verhoeff But they will not be seen in the app.

        Always willing to help if I can.
        Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
        MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

        Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master @Con-Hennekens I tried to fill the name of the waypoint. Stopped at 100 charchters... I wonder how long one can go on putting text in that field!

          Scherm­afbeelding 2023-09-19 om 17.01.21.png

          When putting spaces in between you can go as far as 101 characters...

          Scherm­afbeelding 2023-09-19 om 17.06.12.png

          TorqueRider
          TorqueRider
          TorqueRider
          wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
          #7

          @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

          wonder how long one can go on putting text in that field

          As long as you don't go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, that's not that important, is it? 🤣

          Rob Verhoeff Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
          1
          • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

            @Rob-Verhoeff But they will not be seen in the app.

            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @Nick-Carthew that's right.

            🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
            📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
            🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
            💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

            Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • TorqueRider TorqueRider

              @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

              wonder how long one can go on putting text in that field

              As long as you don't go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, that's not that important, is it? 🤣

              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              @Jack-van-Tilburg 😁

              🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
              📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
              🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
              💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                Nick Carthew
                Nick Carthew
                Nick Carthew
                RouteXpert
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                Always willing to help if I can.
                Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                Corjan Meijerink Rob Verhoeff 2 Replies Last reply
                0
                • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                  @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                  @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                  Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Developer
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @Nick-Carthew Correct! When there is no (scrolling) description / note, the title will be scrolling if required by the length of that text 🙂

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                    @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                    @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                    Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote on last edited by Rob Verhoeff
                    #12

                    @Nick-Carthew said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                    @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                    @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                    Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                    Check... Indeed the textlenght scrolls by to a max of 101 charchters. I moved the first waypoint before checking. Then your given name is changed back to the original name of the waypoint.

                    🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                    📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                    🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                    💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                    Nick Carthew 3 Replies Last reply
                    0
                    • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                      @Nick-Carthew said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                      @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                      @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                      Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                      Check... Indeed the textlenght scrolls by to a max of 101 charchters. I moved the first waypoint before checking. Then your given name is changed back to the original name of the waypoint.

                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      Nick Carthew
                      RouteXpert
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #13

                      @Rob-Verhoeff I titled RP1 123456789 123456789 123456789

                      I can’t share the video in the forum so I added it to YouTube: https://youtube.com/shorts/PfBJa6n-x9s?si=rxDl0wAEU_1IQqa8

                      Always willing to help if I can.
                      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                        @Nick-Carthew said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                        @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                        @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                        Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                        Check... Indeed the textlenght scrolls by to a max of 101 charchters. I moved the first waypoint before checking. Then your given name is changed back to the original name of the waypoint.

                        Nick Carthew
                        Nick Carthew
                        Nick Carthew
                        RouteXpert
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #14

                        @Rob-Verhoeff Here’s the title.

                        IMG_2586.png

                        Always willing to help if I can.
                        Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                        MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                        Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                          @Rob-Verhoeff Here’s the title.

                          IMG_2586.png

                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Alpha tester
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #15

                          @Nick-Carthew I did it the same way, then it show to a max of 101 characters.

                          🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
                          📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
                          🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
                          💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

                            @Nick-Carthew said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                            @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                            @Nick-Carthew that's right.

                            Actually it isn’t 😅 I have just tested this and the title has rolling text like the note.

                            Check... Indeed the textlenght scrolls by to a max of 101 charchters. I moved the first waypoint before checking. Then your given name is changed back to the original name of the waypoint.

                            Nick Carthew
                            Nick Carthew
                            Nick Carthew
                            RouteXpert
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #16

                            @Rob-Verhoeff I added 3 sets of 123456789 for the title but looking at my video it appears that only 2 sets are scrolling. There is a large gap after 2 sets.

                            Always willing to help if I can.
                            Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                            MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                              @Rob-Verhoeff said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                              wonder how long one can go on putting text in that field

                              As long as you don't go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, that's not that important, is it? 🤣

                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              Alpha tester
                              wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
                              #17

                              @Jack-van-Tilburg said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                              As long as you don't go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, that's not that important, is it?

                              Thanks... Now I want to hear the navigation voice pronounce that... 😉

                              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                              TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                Alpha tester
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #18

                                It seems there was not much on TV yesterday evening 😉

                                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                                  @Jack-van-Tilburg said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                                  As long as you don't go to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, that's not that important, is it?

                                  Thanks... Now I want to hear the navigation voice pronounce that... 😉

                                  TorqueRider
                                  TorqueRider
                                  TorqueRider
                                  wrote on last edited by TorqueRider
                                  #19

                                  @Con-Hennekens said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                                  Thanks... Now I want to hear the navigation voice pronounce that..

                                  But only when you. are in that region of course. Driving via Llangollen and Betws-Y-Coed to the Yr Wyddfa 😁

                                  Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                                    @Con-Hennekens said in Length of 'text to speech' function:

                                    Thanks... Now I want to hear the navigation voice pronounce that..

                                    But only when you. are in that region of course. Driving via Llangollen and Betws-Y-Coed to the Yr Wyddfa 😁

                                    Nick Carthew
                                    Nick Carthew
                                    Nick Carthew
                                    RouteXpert
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #20

                                    @Jack-van-Tilburg Using the Wales 360 RouteXpert route is a nice way to pass Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch 😊
                                    View 'Wales 360 Bala Caernarfon Holyhead Llandudno' in MyRoute-app! https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/7933523

                                    Always willing to help if I can.
                                    Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                                    MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                                    TorqueRider 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

                                      @Jack-van-Tilburg Using the Wales 360 RouteXpert route is a nice way to pass Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch 😊
                                      View 'Wales 360 Bala Caernarfon Holyhead Llandudno' in MyRoute-app! https://www.myrouteapp.com/route/open/7933523

                                      TorqueRider
                                      TorqueRider
                                      TorqueRider
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #21

                                      @Nick-Carthew
                                      I have been to North Wales at least 8 times since 1990. It is definitely one of my most loved regions.
                                      Here I have collected my favorite routes:
                                      https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/folder/1130431?mode=share

                                      Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • TorqueRider TorqueRider

                                        @Nick-Carthew
                                        I have been to North Wales at least 8 times since 1990. It is definitely one of my most loved regions.
                                        Here I have collected my favorite routes:
                                        https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/folder/1130431?mode=share

                                        Nick Carthew
                                        Nick Carthew
                                        Nick Carthew
                                        RouteXpert
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #22

                                        @Jack-van-Tilburg Nice collection 👍

                                        Always willing to help if I can.
                                        Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                                        MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        1

                                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                        Register Login
                                        Reply
                                        • Reply as topic
                                        Log in to reply
                                        • Oldest to Newest
                                        • Newest to Oldest
                                        • Most Votes


                                        • 1
                                        • 2
                                        ACTIVE USERS
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Con Hennekens
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Corjan Meijerink
                                        Nick Carthew
                                        Nick Carthew
                                        Rob Verhoeff
                                        Rob Verhoeff
                                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                                        TorqueRider
                                        TorqueRider
                                        motorwimtimmerman.eu
                                        motorwimtimmerman.eu
                                        POPULAR TOPICS
                                        • Help please, new user
                                          Bull Tahr
                                          Bull Tahr
                                          0
                                          8
                                          167

                                        • Animation
                                          LennyO
                                          LennyO
                                          0
                                          13
                                          31

                                        • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                                          John S Parry
                                          John S Parry
                                          0
                                          9
                                          253

                                        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                                          b0hd1
                                          b0hd1
                                          0
                                          5
                                          32

                                        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                                          Lluis Arasanz
                                          Lluis Arasanz
                                          0
                                          3
                                          9

                                        • I have an extra step when choosing a point.
                                          Lluis Arasanz
                                          Lluis Arasanz
                                          0
                                          3
                                          19

                                        • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
                                          Dave J 0
                                          Dave J 0
                                          0
                                          3
                                          31

                                        • No tracklog on Android phone
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          Con Hennekens
                                          0
                                          16
                                          774

                                        MY GROUPS
                                        • Login

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Categories
                                        • Recent
                                        • Popular
                                        • Support
                                        • MyRoute-app