Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [App-Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Location services are left ON after ending navigation

Location services are left ON after ending navigation

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
4 Posts 3 Posters 78 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • UltraStar
    UltraStar
    UltraStar
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I just came back from a quick jaunt using new version of MR-App Mobile (iPhone 11P, iOS version 16.4.1; Next v. 3.2.13 - 168.) I have location services set to: While Using the App. When I finished the ride and stopped navigation I noticed that the location services on the phone were still ON. I could only turn it off by changing the settings in the MRA Mobile, and set the location services to NONE.
    New app version, new phone update.

    IMG_0498.PNG

    Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • UltraStar UltraStar

      I just came back from a quick jaunt using new version of MR-App Mobile (iPhone 11P, iOS version 16.4.1; Next v. 3.2.13 - 168.) I have location services set to: While Using the App. When I finished the ride and stopped navigation I noticed that the location services on the phone were still ON. I could only turn it off by changing the settings in the MRA Mobile, and set the location services to NONE.
      New app version, new phone update.

      IMG_0498.PNG

      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      Nick Carthew
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @UltraStar Maybe slide the app up to close completely.

      F1530EC1-C2A3-4C2D-ADBA-08DB6594648B.jpeg

      Always willing to help if I can.
      Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
      MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

      UltraStar 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Nick Carthew Nick Carthew

        @UltraStar Maybe slide the app up to close completely.

        F1530EC1-C2A3-4C2D-ADBA-08DB6594648B.jpeg

        UltraStar
        UltraStar
        UltraStar
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Nick-Carthew As I understand, sliding up does not really close the application; it just removes it from the focus. When I fully close the app, using iPhone procedure, the location services indicator disappears.
        When I open application again, the blue indicator comes back, and if I slide the application up, it still stays blue.
        That is not how the app was operating before the last update; the location indicator (blue highlight) was disappearing immediately after the app was slid up. I did not have to close the app fully. When I reopened the app, the location indicator was not becoming blue until I started the navigation.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Developer
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @UltraStar we’ll have a look. Thanks for mentioning 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          ACTIVE USERS
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Nick Carthew
          Nick Carthew
          UltraStar
          UltraStar
          POPULAR TOPICS
          • Strange translation
            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            0
            15
            43

          • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
            martin-phogel.de
            martin-phogel.de
            9
            114
            10.7k

          • Add delete route button to library
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            0
            9
            26

          • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
            b0hd1
            b0hd1
            0
            7
            14

          • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
            Lluis Arasanz
            Lluis Arasanz
            0
            6
            11

          • A07 Shared Route Collaboration – Change Log?
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            0
            6
            21

          • Shared toggle switch
            LennyO
            LennyO
            0
            7
            31

          • Crazy routing
            Hubert Thoring
            Hubert Thoring
            0
            7
            26

          MY GROUPS
          • Login

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Support
          • MyRoute-app