Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [App-Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. extra waypoints adding,always added at the end of route

extra waypoints adding,always added at the end of route

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
21 Posts 11 Posters 279 Views 6 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

    @Jörgen said in extra waypoints adding,always added at the end of route:

    You need to add a waypoint on (exactly on) the current route and then you can move this to a new position.

    No, that won't work. Topic starter is right. When using the mobile app and adding a new waypoint between two existing points, that new waypoint wil be added as the new finishpoint! In the desktopversion of MRA that same action creates a waypoint between those existing points.

    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Jörgen
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @Rob-Verhoeff said in extra waypoints adding,always added at the end of route:

    @Jörgen said in extra waypoints adding,always added at the end of route:

    You need to add a waypoint on (exactly on) the current route and then you can move this to a new position.

    No, that won't work. Topic starter is right. When using the mobile app and adding a new waypoint between two existing points, that new waypoint wil be added as the new finishpoint! In the desktopversion of MRA that same action creates a waypoint between those existing points.

    You are right, I was on the desktop version. 😰

    Hardware
    iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
    iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
    Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
    Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
    Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
    MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

      @Corjan-Meijerink

      If your mobile device happens to be an 12.1” iPad Pro its easy peasy. 🤡

      All joking aside, the iPad Pro is brilliant device for MRA use.
      You get the full desktop experience in a compact form that takes up practically no space when out on tour.

      Redfltrx
      Redfltrx
      Redfltrx
      wrote on last edited by
      #11

      @Lynchy67 oh aren't you just helping me solidify my decision to buy an ipad pro. I have been going back and forth about buying one for a bit wanting something that can travel with me that wasn't a laptop and can be used for route planning, 360 video editing and photo organizing. I'm torn at the moment though hoping that a new refresh of the ipad pro will come out in spring 2024 since the current model is really 5 years old at this point.

      Lynchy67 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Redfltrx Redfltrx

        @Lynchy67 oh aren't you just helping me solidify my decision to buy an ipad pro. I have been going back and forth about buying one for a bit wanting something that can travel with me that wasn't a laptop and can be used for route planning, 360 video editing and photo organizing. I'm torn at the moment though hoping that a new refresh of the ipad pro will come out in spring 2024 since the current model is really 5 years old at this point.

        Lynchy67
        Lynchy67
        Lynchy67
        Valued contributor
        wrote on last edited by
        #12

        @Andrew-Brown

        Best money I ever spent was getting the iPad Pro.
        It’s a no brainier.
        I have iOS and Android Lifetime accounts I can sync and open both on the same iPad.
        Save the GPX files on the iPad deploy to iOS and Android.
        Also LumaFusion is awesome software for recording and editing rides with 2 GoPro’s.

        You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

        Redfltrx 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

          @Corjan-Meijerink

          If your mobile device happens to be an 12.1” iPad Pro its easy peasy. 🤡

          All joking aside, the iPad Pro is brilliant device for MRA use.
          You get the full desktop experience in a compact form that takes up practically no space when out on tour.

          Reinhard-32
          Reinhard-32
          Reinhard-32
          wrote on last edited by
          #13

          @Lynchy67 I use an iPad Pro 11 and an Apple Pencil. This combination works great for route planning.

          Kindly regards
          Reinhard

          Montana 700i and Mac

          Steve Lynch Lynchy67 2 Replies Last reply
          0
          • Reinhard-32 Reinhard-32

            @Lynchy67 I use an iPad Pro 11 and an Apple Pencil. This combination works great for route planning.

            Steve Lynch
            Steve Lynch
            Steve Lynch
            Valued contributor
            wrote on last edited by
            #14
            This post is deleted!
            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Reinhard-32 Reinhard-32

              @Lynchy67 I use an iPad Pro 11 and an Apple Pencil. This combination works great for route planning.

              Lynchy67
              Lynchy67
              Lynchy67
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #15

              @Reinhard-32

              I do have the Apple Pencil but I've never used it for route planning.
              I'll give it a go.
              Thanks for the tip.

              You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Alpha tester
                wrote on last edited by
                #16

                On the desktop you can see a small circle indicating that you are ON the line while hoovering the mouse cursor over the line. On whatever touchscreen that will for obvious reasons NOT be visible if you point your finger at that exact spot...

                Maybe it is possible to enlarge the area that is considered to be ON the line a bit, that would make inserting points on touchscreens a bit more accurate and intuitive.
                I am not certain the webdeveloper is reading this? But I am guessing they are having their hands full at the moment.

                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

                  @Andrew-Brown

                  Best money I ever spent was getting the iPad Pro.
                  It’s a no brainier.
                  I have iOS and Android Lifetime accounts I can sync and open both on the same iPad.
                  Save the GPX files on the iPad deploy to iOS and Android.
                  Also LumaFusion is awesome software for recording and editing rides with 2 GoPro’s.

                  Redfltrx
                  Redfltrx
                  Redfltrx
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #17

                  @Lynchy67
                  You are killing me, I really want one but I know there is refresh coming so I'm behaving and not going to get one until that happens.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Ad V
                    Ad V
                    Ad V
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #18

                    It works very simple and efficient, both on phone and iPad: zoom in on the current route, double-click on the route and a new, intermediate, waypoint appears. You can now shift the waypoint to where you want it to be. Am using this all the time, for quite a period already.

                    Lynchy67 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Ad V Ad V

                      It works very simple and efficient, both on phone and iPad: zoom in on the current route, double-click on the route and a new, intermediate, waypoint appears. You can now shift the waypoint to where you want it to be. Am using this all the time, for quite a period already.

                      Lynchy67
                      Lynchy67
                      Lynchy67
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #19

                      @Ad-V

                      Yes I agree if you go to the Routelab on a mobile device, it will work as you indicated.
                      I suspect however, that some users are trying to do it in the Next Beta App which as @Corjan-Meijerink indicated is “impossible”.

                      You don’t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

                      Edwin_M 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Lynchy67 Lynchy67

                        @Ad-V

                        Yes I agree if you go to the Routelab on a mobile device, it will work as you indicated.
                        I suspect however, that some users are trying to do it in the Next Beta App which as @Corjan-Meijerink indicated is “impossible”.

                        Edwin_M
                        Edwin_M
                        Edwin_M
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #20

                        Just created a cycling route on Komoot on Android, and it placesthe added waypoint in between points ,in between...not at the end. Exactly as expected

                        Samsung S24+ Android, Carpuride W702 , KTM 1290 Super Adventure & Wielrenfietsen

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

                          This is indeed a bit hard (impossible) on mobile devices.

                          Edwin_M
                          Edwin_M
                          Edwin_M
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #21

                          @Corjan-Meijerink
                          I Just created a cycling route in Komoot on Android, and it places the added waypoint in between points..not at the end. Exactly as expected

                          Samsung S24+ Android, Carpuride W702 , KTM 1290 Super Adventure & Wielrenfietsen

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0

                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                          Register Login
                          Reply
                          • Reply as topic
                          Log in to reply
                          • Oldest to Newest
                          • Newest to Oldest
                          • Most Votes


                          • 1
                          • 2
                          ACTIVE USERS
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Corjan Meijerink
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Hubert Thoring
                          Hubert Thoring
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          Jörgen
                          Jörgen
                          Edwin_M
                          Edwin_M
                          Reinhard-32
                          Reinhard-32
                          Ad V
                          Ad V
                          Lynchy67
                          Lynchy67
                          Steve Lynch
                          Steve Lynch
                          Redfltrx
                          Redfltrx
                          POPULAR TOPICS
                          • Strange translation
                            Stefan Hummelink
                            Stefan Hummelink
                            0
                            15
                            43

                          • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                            martin-phogel.de
                            martin-phogel.de
                            9
                            114
                            10.7k

                          • Add delete route button to library
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            0
                            9
                            26

                          • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                            b0hd1
                            b0hd1
                            0
                            7
                            14

                          • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                            Lluis Arasanz
                            Lluis Arasanz
                            0
                            6
                            11

                          • A07 Shared Route Collaboration – Change Log?
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            Corjan Meijerink
                            0
                            6
                            21

                          • Shared toggle switch
                            LennyO
                            LennyO
                            0
                            7
                            31

                          • Crazy routing
                            Hubert Thoring
                            Hubert Thoring
                            0
                            7
                            26

                          MY GROUPS
                          • Login

                          • Login or register to search.
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Categories
                          • Recent
                          • Popular
                          • Support
                          • MyRoute-app