[EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
-
@John-S-Parry, I don't feel like turning this into an MS bash, but MS has MANY products with one-time licenses that get deprecated sooner or later.
The "upgrade to the new version" locks me out of any functional improvements.
I feel this is really untrue. There are many functional improvements included in the upgrade for which nothing at all needs te be paid. Just wait and see

@John-S-Parry, I don't feel like turning this into an MS bash, but MS has MANY products with one-time licenses that get deprecated sooner or later.
The "upgrade to the new version" locks me out of any functional improvements.
I feel this is really untrue. There are many functional improvements included in the upgrade for which nothing at all needs te be paid. Just wait and see

Levens lange garantie bestaat niet aan updates of longlife update dan wel de prijs die je ooit hett betaald voor een dienst, geen enkel bedriif garandeerd dat je in de toekomst, het zelfde blijft.
ZIe HBO nax bijv. tijdens de introductie levenslang de zelfde prijs wat doen ze je krijgt minder voor het produkt , Wil je het zelfde houden als tijdens de instap mag je meer betalen of je krijgt reclame er voor terug etc.MRA myroute welke licencie je ook hebt kunnen je altijd extra laten betalen voor bepaalde extraÂŽs dan de standaard.
Tenslotte vind ik het al heel raaar dat je als beta tester in hun systeen er voor moet betalen, tenslotte je mag hopen dat niet iedereen de toegang krijgt in de gesloten forum en ontwikkeling beter een selectie, anders wordt het een rommeltje net als deze forum zit geen structuur in en eenvoud, net als MRA myroute aan opbouw en niet echt overzichtelijk.
Denk dat er teveel mogelijkheden in zit die niet zo eenvoudig zijn, dan wel dat er meer in komt waar menig geen gebruik van maakt dan wel een uitleg er en te vele handelingen.
Dus minder toeters en bellen alleen wat belangrijk is en stabiel, en bebruiksvriendelijk zo kijk ik tegen het geheel aan. -
Hello,
I still haven't received the code to become a beta tester
and access the database in early November.
Thank you.@LE-DIZES-Freddy Hi Freddy, the top of the Beta webpage says:
"Beta Access goes on sale on 26 October 2026, and the beta opens on 2 November 2026 for everyone who has it."
So unless you have some special arrangement, we all have to wait until the 26th, choose our option:
https://beta.myrouteapp.com/#tiers
And then wait until 2nd November for access.
Cheers, Tom
-
@LE-DIZES-Freddy Itâs very simple: all the information is available here: https://beta.myrouteapp.com
@CD130 Sorry CD, didn't see you'd already replied!
-
@LE-DIZES-Freddy Hi Freddy, the top of the Beta webpage says:
"Beta Access goes on sale on 26 October 2026, and the beta opens on 2 November 2026 for everyone who has it."
So unless you have some special arrangement, we all have to wait until the 26th, choose our option:
https://beta.myrouteapp.com/#tiers
And then wait until 2nd November for access.
Cheers, Tom
@Tom-Grzelinski ok i wait like you Thanks
-
Hi everyone, dear MRA developer team,
reply from a potential new user/lifetime member.
I tested MRA in my Honda with Android Auto a few days ago and actually intended to sign up for a Lifetime Gold and App Next subscription today.
After battling my way through the slightly confusing basic/silver/gold/appnext comparison page, I was ready to purchase the lifetime subscription. While looking for it, I stumbled upon this post.
To be completely honest, I am thoroughly put off and confused, and Iâve put my decision to buy on hold for now.
When I purchase a lifetime license, I expect to receive a lifetime subscription.
I own several such subscriptions for both professional and personal use, and I appreciate being able to test new features and gain early access as a beta user.
From what Iâm reading here, however, that doesn't seem to be the case with MRA. Furthermore, I have to assumeâbased on whatâs written hereâthat there could always be new versions or features that are no longer included in the lifetime sub.
In my view, that is very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of a lifelong commitment to a piece of software or a company. Besides that, the communication what's in and what's not, what will be in and not is totally confusing.
Itâs a real shame and is deterring me from buyingâespecially since I was very pleasantly surprised after the trial.
-
Hi everyone, dear MRA developer team,
reply from a potential new user/lifetime member.
I tested MRA in my Honda with Android Auto a few days ago and actually intended to sign up for a Lifetime Gold and App Next subscription today.
After battling my way through the slightly confusing basic/silver/gold/appnext comparison page, I was ready to purchase the lifetime subscription. While looking for it, I stumbled upon this post.
To be completely honest, I am thoroughly put off and confused, and Iâve put my decision to buy on hold for now.
When I purchase a lifetime license, I expect to receive a lifetime subscription.
I own several such subscriptions for both professional and personal use, and I appreciate being able to test new features and gain early access as a beta user.
From what Iâm reading here, however, that doesn't seem to be the case with MRA. Furthermore, I have to assumeâbased on whatâs written hereâthat there could always be new versions or features that are no longer included in the lifetime sub.
In my view, that is very disappointing and defeats the whole purpose of a lifelong commitment to a piece of software or a company. Besides that, the communication what's in and what's not, what will be in and not is totally confusing.
Itâs a real shame and is deterring me from buyingâespecially since I was very pleasantly surprised after the trial.
@Tim-57-0 After Corjanâs input, I was genuinely convinced that there were no loose ends left. Thatâs why Iâm surprised that people keep thinking theyâre going to lose functionality once the new web planner launches!
NO, YOU WONâT!!
Everything included in the Lifetime package will also be available when the new web planner launches. How many times does this still need to be explained?
-
I suspect the main concern is that customers who purchased the Gold Lifetime package believed they were entitled to all future updates and additional functionality for the lifetime of the product.
If that is the case, how were those expectations managed at the point of sale? Was it made clear that "Lifetime" referred only to the functionality available at the time of purchase, and that future premium features could be excluded? If so, then any misunderstanding may simply stem from customers interpreting the offer differently.
My view is that the business has recognised that the Lifetime model will eventually reach a saturation point, where revenue from new Lifetime purchases begins to decline. At that stage, relying solely on Lifetime sales is unlikely to generate sufficient income to support ongoing development, maintenance, and future innovation.
I completely understand why the business has chosen to introduce a new commercial model. However, I can also appreciate why customers who previously purchased Lifetime access may feel differently, particularly if they believed their purchase included access to all future functionalities. Ultimately, much depends on how those expectations were originally set and communicated. -
@Tim-57-0 After Corjanâs input, I was genuinely convinced that there were no loose ends left. Thatâs why Iâm surprised that people keep thinking theyâre going to lose functionality once the new web planner launches!
NO, YOU WONâT!!
Everything included in the Lifetime package will also be available when the new web planner launches. How many times does this still need to be explained?
How many times does this still need to be explained?
This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.
The issue is that the term âlifetime licenseâ is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms âGold,â âLifetime,â and âUnlimited,â you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (âGoldâ, in this case). Thatâs not unusual at all.

With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you wonât get with the upcoming update without paying extra.
What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything thatâs also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features youâll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?
Sorry, but itâs simply not true that âeverything is clearâ, even with all these explanations.
-
How many times does this still need to be explained?
This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.
The issue is that the term âlifetime licenseâ is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms âGold,â âLifetime,â and âUnlimited,â you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (âGoldâ, in this case). Thatâs not unusual at all.

With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you wonât get with the upcoming update without paying extra.
What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything thatâs also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features youâll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?
Sorry, but itâs simply not true that âeverything is clearâ, even with all these explanations.
@martin-phogel.de If thatâs how you see it, then all I can advise you to do is simply wait until the new website is released to all users!
-
How many times does this still need to be explained?
This isn't about losing functionality in terms of the features currently available. That's certainly the bare minimum one can expect from a lifetime license.
The issue is that the term âlifetime licenseâ is being redefined. If you look at the FAQ and combine the terms âGold,â âLifetime,â and âUnlimited,â you inevitably conclude this means unlimited access to all current and future features, like a lifetime subscription to the highest available tier (âGoldâ, in this case). Thatâs not unusual at all.

With the new model, however, the only clear thing is what new features you wonât get with the upcoming update without paying extra.
What the lifetime license will include in the future, on the other hand, is completely unclear. Will it include everything thatâs also included in a Gold subscription? Or just a part of it? Or at least bug fixes for existing features? Some features youâll get, some only with an additional fee. And some maybe not at all?
Sorry, but itâs simply not true that âeverything is clearâ, even with all these explanations.
@martin-phogel.de So as to balance your argument I feel I need to correct your statement. Nowhere in the FAQs does it state that future features would be included, this is just your conclusion. You also failed to include all of the sentence when you mentioned the word unlimited, so here it is: Lifetime: "Pay once to get unlimited access to the purchased product. The important part of this sentence is purchased product. The product that you have purchased is Lifetime Gold and when the new website is launched you will still have unlimited access to the Gold features for your lifetime without having to pay anything extra.
-
@martin-phogel.de So as to balance your argument I feel I need to correct your statement. Nowhere in the FAQs does it state that future features would be included, this is just your conclusion. You also failed to include all of the sentence when you mentioned the word unlimited, so here it is: Lifetime: "Pay once to get unlimited access to the purchased product. The important part of this sentence is purchased product. The product that you have purchased is Lifetime Gold and when the new website is launched you will still have unlimited access to the Gold features for your lifetime without having to pay anything extra.
Sorry, @Nick-Carthew , I don't agree with that.
According to the FAQ, there are three subscription models: monthly, annual, and lifetime.
If I sign up for an annual âGoldâ subscription, I expect to have access to all the features that are implemented during that yearânot just the features that were available at the start of my subscription. Do you agree?
And if I sign up for a lifetime subscription, to me thatâs like my annual subscription renewing itself over and over again. And âproductâ simply refers to the distinction between âPlannerâ and âNavigation (Next).â
Thatâs how I understand it, that's how I know it from all other âlifetime licenseâ arrangements.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login