Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2

Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
49 Posts 11 Posters 3.8k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

    I've been using a Garmin Zumo XT for several years with MRA. Generally I've had good luck. Recently my XT has been giving me problems, inventing bizarre routing from the MRA route, and failing to connect reliably using either the Drive app on my Pixel phone or USB cable to my Win11 computer. I'm frustrated, and considering replacing the XT.

    I'm curious how the XT2 performs with MRA. If users have specific feedback I'd love to hear about it.

    Thanks in advance!

    MTC-Zeilberg
    MTC-Zeilberg
    MTC-Zeilberg
    wrote last edited by MTC-Zeilberg
    #41

    @Don-Stauffer

    Buy an XT3, It is much faster then the XT2 and works Well with MRA routes and you can keep your phone in your pocket

    Glenn.B 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

      @Glenn.B als je een route actief hebt, Klik dan op het scherm en dan zie je onderaan rechts
      44136.jpg
      Klik dan op het route punt symbool en dan verschijnt links boven
      44137.jpg
      Have fun

      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by
      #42

      Sorry the wrong langues
      First picture, tap somewhere on the screen and you'll see on the bottom right
      Second picture
      Click on the waypoint symbool and then you'll see in the top left corner

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Glenn.B
        Glenn.B
        Glenn.B
        wrote last edited by
        #43

        Thanks! I will try try that again in the morning.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Mzokk
          Mzokk
          Mzokk
          wrote last edited by
          #44

          I use the app with My Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports AA screen. Skipping is easy using this button (via the handlebar switches)

          image.jpeg

          You can select your starting waypoint from here.

          IMG_20260714_155425318_HDR_AE.jpg

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Glenn.B
            Glenn.B
            Glenn.B
            wrote last edited by
            #45

            I tried this again today. Clicking on the screen, I did in fact get the additional menu with the "skip waypoint" icon and that worked correctly. However, it did not always work. Sometimes when a click the screen I get additional menu items, but not the "skip waypoint" item. It seemed that the "skip waypoint" item only appeared when I got close the the waypoint which would be skipped. Here is the alternate screen I get when I don't get that item.

            NoSkipMenu.jpg

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Glenn.B Glenn.B

              I tried this again today. Clicking on the screen, I did in fact get the additional menu with the "skip waypoint" icon and that worked correctly. However, it did not always work. Sometimes when a click the screen I get additional menu items, but not the "skip waypoint" item. It seemed that the "skip waypoint" item only appeared when I got close the the waypoint which would be skipped. Here is the alternate screen I get when I don't get that item.

              NoSkipMenu.jpg

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote last edited by
              #46

              @Glenn.B, are you showing a route with only 2 route points by any chance?
              There is not much to skip to if it is.

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Glenn.B
                Glenn.B
                Glenn.B
                wrote last edited by
                #47

                No, there were 3 additional Waypoints plus the destination. When I got close to the next waypoint, the menu with "Skip" reappered, but then never again on that route.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Thomas Neumeyer
                  Thomas Neumeyer
                  Thomas Neumeyer
                  wrote last edited by
                  #48

                  After six weeks, I still love my Garmin. It does what I expect. Can't be happier at the moment. Planning with MRA and enjoy riding with XT3. Unfortunately season is soon over in Finland. Regards

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • MTC-Zeilberg MTC-Zeilberg

                    @Don-Stauffer

                    Buy an XT3, It is much faster then the XT2 and works Well with MRA routes and you can keep your phone in your pocket

                    Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    wrote last edited by
                    #49

                    @MTC-Zeilberg said:

                    Buy an XT3, It is much faster then the XT2 and works Well with MRA routes and you can keep your phone in your pocket

                    Upgrading to an XT2 or XT3 is one of the options I am considering. Unfortunately, I am in a country that doesn't sell or repair Garmin Zumo products. It would be possible to order one from the US or Europe, but it would take a long time to get here and the price after shipping and import taxes would likely double the cost.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    • 1
                    • 2
                    • 3
                    ACTIVE USERS
                    Marinus van Deudekom
                    Marinus van Deudekom
                    Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    Thomas Neumeyer
                    Thomas Neumeyer
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Mzokk
                    Mzokk
                    Travellexxie
                    Travellexxie
                    MTC-Zeilberg
                    MTC-Zeilberg
                    Guzzist
                    Guzzist
                    John S Parry
                    John S Parry
                    Stevedo 6 0
                    Stevedo 6 0
                    Don Stauffer
                    Don Stauffer
                    POPULAR TOPICS
                    • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      0
                      10
                      274

                    • Offline Mode function
                      Jörgen
                      Jörgen
                      1
                      6
                      31

                    • Via punt overslaanwerkt niet
                      Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                      Hans van de Ven MR.MRA
                      0
                      9
                      569

                    • Route changed?
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      0
                      2
                      5

                    • Wissel Here-TomTom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      0
                      2
                      25

                    • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                      Glenn.B
                      Glenn.B
                      0
                      49
                      3.8k

                    • How to plan correctly
                      Brian McG
                      Brian McG
                      0
                      4
                      131

                    • Auto skipping in next version (6)
                      0
                      1
                      43

                    MY GROUPS
                    • Login

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Support
                    • MyRoute-app