Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2

Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
47 Posts 11 Posters 3.7k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Glenn.B
    Glenn.B
    Glenn.B
    wrote last edited by
    #37

    Hello all. I'm new here and I'm following this thread with great interest.
    A little background - I have been using Garmin devices on boats, cars and motorcycles for decades. I've been using Basecamp, and Mapsource before it, for route planning since its inception. As outdated and antiquated as it is, I'm very comfortable and rather proficient with it. Until a week or so ago, I was quite happy working this way and uploading my routes to my Zumo XT. Unfortunately, the Zumo died two weeks ago and I find myself in a country that neither sells nor repairs Garmin Zumo products.

    Now I am searching for an alternative and MRA was at the top of the list. Over the years I have used various phones with Google maps and had all the attendant problems, the most recent being on a rental bike last week where my Pixel overheated. Ruling out mounting a phone on the bars, I have purchased a generic Chinese Android Auto display for the bike. While waiting for a connector to arrive to install it, I have been trying out MRA Navigate using AA in my car. Creating routes in MRA, or even importing my Basecamp GPX files, works fine. The big problem I encountered today, which was a big problem years ago when tried using Google Maps, is that the AA UI is a functional subset of the phone app. In particular I could not find a way to skip a waypoint while on the road in a multi-point trip without stopping and going back to the phone app. This is a non-starter for me, since I do lots of multi-day, multi-point trips and have one coming up here in a couple of weeks. Am I missing something or is this feature simply lacking, or perhaps different implementations of AA expose different functionality? This is a rather urgent question for me, since as I said I have a big bike trip coming up in a few weeks and on-bike navigation will be essential.

    Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote last edited by
      #38

      the skip waypoint apears when you hit the 3 strips down right

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Glenn.B
        Glenn.B
        Glenn.B
        wrote last edited by
        #39

        The 3 dots appear on the lower, right corner on the phone app, but it does not appear on the Android Auto screen. From the phone screen I can get to the menu with the skip next waypoint, just not from the AA display.

        ChatGPT Image Oct 1, 2026, 08_04_31 PM.jpg

        Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Glenn.B Glenn.B

          The 3 dots appear on the lower, right corner on the phone app, but it does not appear on the Android Auto screen. From the phone screen I can get to the menu with the skip next waypoint, just not from the AA display.

          ChatGPT Image Oct 1, 2026, 08_04_31 PM.jpg

          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          RouteXpert
          wrote last edited by
          #40

          @Glenn.B als je een route actief hebt, Klik dan op het scherm en dan zie je onderaan rechts
          44136.jpg
          Klik dan op het route punt symbool en dan verschijnt links boven
          44137.jpg
          Have fun

          Honda Goldwing GL1500,
          Honda Silverwing GL 650
          DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
          Garmin XT sold
          Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

          Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

            I've been using a Garmin Zumo XT for several years with MRA. Generally I've had good luck. Recently my XT has been giving me problems, inventing bizarre routing from the MRA route, and failing to connect reliably using either the Drive app on my Pixel phone or USB cable to my Win11 computer. I'm frustrated, and considering replacing the XT.

            I'm curious how the XT2 performs with MRA. If users have specific feedback I'd love to hear about it.

            Thanks in advance!

            MTC-Zeilberg
            MTC-Zeilberg
            MTC-Zeilberg
            wrote last edited by MTC-Zeilberg
            #41

            @Don-Stauffer

            Buy an XT3, It is much faster then the XT2 and works Well with MRA routes and you can keep your phone in your pocket

            1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

              @Glenn.B als je een route actief hebt, Klik dan op het scherm en dan zie je onderaan rechts
              44136.jpg
              Klik dan op het route punt symbool en dan verschijnt links boven
              44137.jpg
              Have fun

              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              Marinus van Deudekom
              RouteXpert
              wrote last edited by
              #42

              Sorry the wrong langues
              First picture, tap somewhere on the screen and you'll see on the bottom right
              Second picture
              Click on the waypoint symbool and then you'll see in the top left corner

              Honda Goldwing GL1500,
              Honda Silverwing GL 650
              DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
              Garmin XT sold
              Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Glenn.B
                Glenn.B
                Glenn.B
                wrote last edited by
                #43

                Thanks! I will try try that again in the morning.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Mzokk
                  Mzokk
                  Mzokk
                  wrote last edited by
                  #44

                  I use the app with My Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports AA screen. Skipping is easy using this button (via the handlebar switches)

                  image.jpeg

                  You can select your starting waypoint from here.

                  IMG_20260714_155425318_HDR_AE.jpg

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    wrote last edited by
                    #45

                    I tried this again today. Clicking on the screen, I did in fact get the additional menu with the "skip waypoint" icon and that worked correctly. However, it did not always work. Sometimes when a click the screen I get additional menu items, but not the "skip waypoint" item. It seemed that the "skip waypoint" item only appeared when I got close the the waypoint which would be skipped. Here is the alternate screen I get when I don't get that item.

                    NoSkipMenu.jpg

                    Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Glenn.B Glenn.B

                      I tried this again today. Clicking on the screen, I did in fact get the additional menu with the "skip waypoint" icon and that worked correctly. However, it did not always work. Sometimes when a click the screen I get additional menu items, but not the "skip waypoint" item. It seemed that the "skip waypoint" item only appeared when I got close the the waypoint which would be skipped. Here is the alternate screen I get when I don't get that item.

                      NoSkipMenu.jpg

                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Con Hennekens
                      Alpha tester
                      wrote last edited by
                      #46

                      @Glenn.B, are you showing a route with only 2 route points by any chance?
                      There is not much to skip to if it is.

                      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Glenn.B
                        Glenn.B
                        Glenn.B
                        wrote last edited by
                        #47

                        No, there were 3 additional Waypoints plus the destination. When I got close to the next waypoint, the menu with "Skip" reappered, but then never again on that route.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Glenn.B
                        Glenn.B
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Marinus van Deudekom
                        Mzokk
                        Mzokk
                        Travellexxie
                        Travellexxie
                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        Guzzist
                        Guzzist
                        John S Parry
                        John S Parry
                        Stevedo 6 0
                        Stevedo 6 0
                        Don Stauffer
                        Don Stauffer
                        Thomas Neumeyer
                        Thomas Neumeyer
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                          Glenn.B
                          Glenn.B
                          0
                          47
                          3.7k

                        • Drive restriction for vehicle
                          Robineke
                          Robineke
                          0
                          28
                          222

                        • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          0
                          4
                          96

                        • No tracklog on Android phone
                          Con Hennekens
                          Con Hennekens
                          0
                          11
                          268

                        • Overlay Routes like the App does and waypoints without routes
                          Rob Kelley
                          Rob Kelley
                          0
                          3
                          59

                        • How to plan correctly
                          Marinus van Deudekom
                          Marinus van Deudekom
                          0
                          2
                          50

                        • Brittany routes
                          Tony 13
                          Tony 13
                          0
                          2
                          70

                        • Slow Favorites
                          0
                          1
                          49

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app