Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2

Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
43 Posts 11 Posters 3.5k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

    @John-S-Parry Yes I did use an XT device for a couple of years and the main reason for me to switch to the T865X was the multiple attempts of that XT to mess up my ride. This is due to way Garmin devices handle routes that are not made with Garmin. I've written a couple of post back then discribing how Garmin is discriminating route not made with Garmin devices and ofr software. Branche protection you could say.
    The screen of that XT and the visibility made decide to search for a rugged tablet wit h at least the 1000 nits like the XT has. I also wanted such a device to handle MRA routes like they were intended. Thus quiting the Garmin algorithme.
    The few advantages you mentioned in post #3 to me are more user prefered gadgets. I tend to plan my trips carefully and thus there is no need to ad different peaces of other routes along the way.
    In the end I've found the T865X more capable to fill my needs. MRA runs perfect on it with all it's features and om top of that a 1300 + nits screens witch is even better than the XT's screen.
    I hope this answers your questions.

    Travellexxie
    Travellexxie
    Travellexxie
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @Marinus-van-Deudekom you should really gain some routemaking skills. I have never ever had one problem, with the routes I made either wit Basecamp nor with MRA. Therefore, my XT stays on my bike. Unbeatable: XT with MRA 1.2. In the camper and cabrio I work with the MRA-app on a tablet.

    Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

    Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
    Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
    MRA Lifetime Gold

    Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Travellexxie Travellexxie

      @Marinus-van-Deudekom you should really gain some routemaking skills. I have never ever had one problem, with the routes I made either wit Basecamp nor with MRA. Therefore, my XT stays on my bike. Unbeatable: XT with MRA 1.2. In the camper and cabrio I work with the MRA-app on a tablet.

      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      Marinus van Deudekom
      RouteXpert
      wrote on last edited by
      #32

      @Travellexxie I've send you a PB

      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
      Honda Silverwing GL 650
      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
      Garmin XT sold
      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Thomas Neumeyer
        Thomas Neumeyer
        Thomas Neumeyer
        wrote on last edited by Thomas Neumeyer
        #33

        Hello all, quite interesting discussion here. I gave up with Android devices and navigation and changed to XT3. So far very happy for my use. I plan routes with the MRA route planner and use GPX 1.2. So far no issues with changes of the planned route. Garmin is just sitting above the dash and it's there. No hazzle with offline or online maps. No overheating of the phone if using CarPlay and no battery drain of the iPhone. I had several issues during my last rides with outdoor phones and tablets and found MY, maybe a bit old school, solution. The screen of the XT3 is great and serves my requirements. However MRA-App is a great software but a Garmin is a navigation system and a phone is a phone :).

        Don Stauffer 1 Reply Last reply
        2
        • Thomas Neumeyer Thomas Neumeyer

          Hello all, quite interesting discussion here. I gave up with Android devices and navigation and changed to XT3. So far very happy for my use. I plan routes with the MRA route planner and use GPX 1.2. So far no issues with changes of the planned route. Garmin is just sitting above the dash and it's there. No hazzle with offline or online maps. No overheating of the phone if using CarPlay and no battery drain of the iPhone. I had several issues during my last rides with outdoor phones and tablets and found MY, maybe a bit old school, solution. The screen of the XT3 is great and serves my requirements. However MRA-App is a great software but a Garmin is a navigation system and a phone is a phone :).

          Don Stauffer
          Don Stauffer
          Don Stauffer
          wrote on last edited by
          #34

          @Thomas-Neumeyer It sounds like your situation is much like mine. I started using MRA after buying the Garmin, and like you, I appreciate the fit of the XT in the motorcycle instrument space. I did carry a tablet one one extended trip for the sole purpose of creating or modifying routes using MRA, but I found it slow and cumbersome. On later trips I carried a laptop. The tablet now lives in the kitchen as a recipe server, I've owned three or four and never found them particularly convenient.

          One Garmin feature that I appreciate is weather radar, using the Drive app. The traffic notifications are useful as well. The phone stays tucked in the tankbag. Can you comment on those features in the XT3? I'm assuming the Tread app has similar features to Drive.

          I'm curious, how do you transfer the GPX files, hardwired connection or phone app?

          John S Parry 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

            @Thomas-Neumeyer It sounds like your situation is much like mine. I started using MRA after buying the Garmin, and like you, I appreciate the fit of the XT in the motorcycle instrument space. I did carry a tablet one one extended trip for the sole purpose of creating or modifying routes using MRA, but I found it slow and cumbersome. On later trips I carried a laptop. The tablet now lives in the kitchen as a recipe server, I've owned three or four and never found them particularly convenient.

            One Garmin feature that I appreciate is weather radar, using the Drive app. The traffic notifications are useful as well. The phone stays tucked in the tankbag. Can you comment on those features in the XT3? I'm assuming the Tread app has similar features to Drive.

            I'm curious, how do you transfer the GPX files, hardwired connection or phone app?

            John S Parry
            John S Parry
            John S Parry
            wrote on last edited by
            #35

            @Don-Stauffer said:

            One Garmin feature that I appreciate is weather radar, using the Drive app. The traffic notifications are useful as well. The phone stays tucked in the tankbag. Can you comment on those features in the XT3? I'm assuming the Tread app has similar features to Drive.

            I too would like to hear from @thomas-neumeyer regarding his XT3 perspectives. I love mine, and it's always good to read other perspectives.

            When I initially configured my XT unit years ago, I only used the Drive app briefly. I loved the ability to use the app to transfer routes, but I had BT conflict problems using other Drive functions. I'm going to attribute that to user error (me 😊 ) with the setup I had using multiple Cardo/Sena connections. At the time, weather and traffic didn't have much value to me, so I deleted the app. Basecamp file transfer was good enough.

            The XT3 uses the Tread app, which covers what the Drive app provides to the XT. My first thought was not to install Tread at all, given all the horror stories of destroyed/altered routes. But I found that you can install Tread without enabling external storage (i.e. Explore) and still get full weather/traffic/music/phone functionality. As you would expect, Tread is a more refined than Drive given that its 6-years newer. It works very well. I especially like the traffic alerts which have saved me more than once from getting stuck up ahead.

            The downside of not enabling Explore is that you're on your own transferring routes into the XT3. I use Window File Explorer to copy the GPX into the XT3. It's a simple drag-and-drop process. You're already in MRA Routeplanner on the computer anyway. Plugging the XT3 into a USB port to be seen as a file system is not rocket science, and the process is quick to perform. I copy into a Garmin/GPX folder on an inserted SD card within the XT3. It's a different subject, but there are advantages to using a card vs. XT3 internal storage for route storage.

            Some users seem to get away with using Tread/Explore and not report problems, and that's great. It's just something I don't want to get caught up in.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Thomas Neumeyer
              Thomas Neumeyer
              Thomas Neumeyer
              wrote on last edited by
              #36

              Hello, I am using Tread but I do not sync the routes. I just connect it to the PC and transfer the GPX to the SD card. Weather radar works and traffic information. All good. And the route planner on the Garmin is not too bad either. When I plan my trips/routes I use the planner of MyRoute on the computer. Save it and drive. I anyway spend time to generate the routes and after they are ready they will be pushed to the XT3. I do not let the Tread app sync because there can be surprises but I do not need to do this often. And in case I have no option to transfer data I use the Garmin route planner.

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • Glenn.B
                Glenn.B
                Glenn.B
                wrote last edited by
                #37

                Hello all. I'm new here and I'm following this thread with great interest.
                A little background - I have been using Garmin devices on boats, cars and motorcycles for decades. I've been using Basecamp, and Mapsource before it, for route planning since its inception. As outdated and antiquated as it is, I'm very comfortable and rather proficient with it. Until a week or so ago, I was quite happy working this way and uploading my routes to my Zumo XT. Unfortunately, the Zumo died two weeks ago and I find myself in a country that neither sells nor repairs Garmin Zumo products.

                Now I am searching for an alternative and MRA was at the top of the list. Over the years I have used various phones with Google maps and had all the attendant problems, the most recent being on a rental bike last week where my Pixel overheated. Ruling out mounting a phone on the bars, I have purchased a generic Chinese Android Auto display for the bike. While waiting for a connector to arrive to install it, I have been trying out MRA Navigate using AA in my car. Creating routes in MRA, or even importing my Basecamp GPX files, works fine. The big problem I encountered today, which was a big problem years ago when tried using Google Maps, is that the AA UI is a functional subset of the phone app. In particular I could not find a way to skip a waypoint while on the road in a multi-point trip without stopping and going back to the phone app. This is a non-starter for me, since I do lots of multi-day, multi-point trips and have one coming up here in a couple of weeks. Am I missing something or is this feature simply lacking, or perhaps different implementations of AA expose different functionality? This is a rather urgent question for me, since as I said I have a big bike trip coming up in a few weeks and on-bike navigation will be essential.

                Any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Marinus van Deudekom
                  Marinus van Deudekom
                  Marinus van Deudekom
                  RouteXpert
                  wrote last edited by
                  #38

                  the skip waypoint apears when you hit the 3 strips down right

                  Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                  Honda Silverwing GL 650
                  DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                  Garmin XT sold
                  Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    Glenn.B
                    wrote last edited by
                    #39

                    The 3 dots appear on the lower, right corner on the phone app, but it does not appear on the Android Auto screen. From the phone screen I can get to the menu with the skip next waypoint, just not from the AA display.

                    ChatGPT Image Oct 1, 2026, 08_04_31 PM.jpg

                    Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Glenn.B Glenn.B

                      The 3 dots appear on the lower, right corner on the phone app, but it does not appear on the Android Auto screen. From the phone screen I can get to the menu with the skip next waypoint, just not from the AA display.

                      ChatGPT Image Oct 1, 2026, 08_04_31 PM.jpg

                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      Marinus van Deudekom
                      RouteXpert
                      wrote last edited by
                      #40

                      @Glenn.B als je een route actief hebt, Klik dan op het scherm en dan zie je onderaan rechts
                      44136.jpg
                      Klik dan op het route punt symbool en dan verschijnt links boven
                      44137.jpg
                      Have fun

                      Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                      Honda Silverwing GL 650
                      DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                      Garmin XT sold
                      Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                      Marinus van Deudekom 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Don Stauffer Don Stauffer

                        I've been using a Garmin Zumo XT for several years with MRA. Generally I've had good luck. Recently my XT has been giving me problems, inventing bizarre routing from the MRA route, and failing to connect reliably using either the Drive app on my Pixel phone or USB cable to my Win11 computer. I'm frustrated, and considering replacing the XT.

                        I'm curious how the XT2 performs with MRA. If users have specific feedback I'd love to hear about it.

                        Thanks in advance!

                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        MTC-Zeilberg
                        wrote last edited by MTC-Zeilberg
                        #41

                        @Don-Stauffer

                        Buy an XT3, It is much faster then the XT2 and works Well with MRA routes and you can keep your phone in your pocket

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        1
                        • Marinus van Deudekom Marinus van Deudekom

                          @Glenn.B als je een route actief hebt, Klik dan op het scherm en dan zie je onderaan rechts
                          44136.jpg
                          Klik dan op het route punt symbool en dan verschijnt links boven
                          44137.jpg
                          Have fun

                          Marinus van Deudekom
                          Marinus van Deudekom
                          Marinus van Deudekom
                          RouteXpert
                          wrote last edited by
                          #42

                          Sorry the wrong langues
                          First picture, tap somewhere on the screen and you'll see on the bottom right
                          Second picture
                          Click on the waypoint symbool and then you'll see in the top left corner

                          Honda Goldwing GL1500,
                          Honda Silverwing GL 650
                          DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
                          Garmin XT sold
                          Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Glenn.B
                            Glenn.B
                            Glenn.B
                            wrote last edited by
                            #43

                            Thanks! I will try try that again in the morning.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            • 1
                            • 2
                            • 3
                            ACTIVE USERS
                            Travellexxie
                            Travellexxie
                            Glenn.B
                            Glenn.B
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            Marinus van Deudekom
                            MTC-Zeilberg
                            MTC-Zeilberg
                            Con Hennekens
                            Con Hennekens
                            Guzzist
                            Guzzist
                            John S Parry
                            John S Parry
                            Mzokk
                            Mzokk
                            Stevedo 6 0
                            Stevedo 6 0
                            Don Stauffer
                            Don Stauffer
                            Thomas Neumeyer
                            Thomas Neumeyer
                            POPULAR TOPICS
                            • Drive restriction for vehicle
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              0
                              25
                              188

                            • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                              Glenn.B
                              Glenn.B
                              0
                              43
                              3.5k

                            • Vergrendel scherm zet alles op z'n kop
                              M. Schrijver
                              M. Schrijver
                              0
                              9
                              189

                            • Route Breakdown
                              Scarecrow
                              Scarecrow
                              1
                              6
                              316

                            • No tracklog on Android phone
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              0
                              8
                              166

                            • still no (Beta) Update 6.0.0 -514
                              Stanisław
                              Stanisław
                              0
                              2
                              23

                            • MRA 6.0.0 - 515 Carplay folder twice
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              Corjan Meijerink
                              0
                              2
                              30

                            • How to delete favourites?
                              Con Hennekens
                              Con Hennekens
                              0
                              15
                              3.2k

                            MY GROUPS
                            • Login

                            • Login or register to search.
                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Categories
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Support
                            • MyRoute-app