Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Account blocking issue

Account blocking issue

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
24 Posts 9 Posters 2.7k Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

    @b0hd1, the problem with that is that it opens the possibility of "self-managing" many devices. @brian-mcg is quite right in his assessment of devices per month...

    b0hd1
    b0hd1
    b0hd1
    wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @Con-Hennekens I think you've misunderstood the concept. There's no need to open anything extra. Just like I log into my account via the web for other things, from here I could see, once the account is blocked (using the same criteria as before), which teams I have registered, and delete the ones I need to reactivate it myself. This would save the staff time and effort. In Spain, there's a saying: "Give them the fishing rod, not the fish, or they'll never be self-sufficient."

    Creator and administrator of the largest MRA groups.

    • https://t.me/MRa_by_b0hd1
    • https://www.myrouteapp.com/group/messages/7007
    • YouTube: @demco17
    • Ex-routexpert, current beta tester and MRA expert. Creator of tutorials, manuals, and MRA user trainer.
    Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • b0hd1 b0hd1

      @Con-Hennekens I think you've misunderstood the concept. There's no need to open anything extra. Just like I log into my account via the web for other things, from here I could see, once the account is blocked (using the same criteria as before), which teams I have registered, and delete the ones I need to reactivate it myself. This would save the staff time and effort. In Spain, there's a saying: "Give them the fishing rod, not the fish, or they'll never be self-sufficient."

      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #22

      @b0hd1, no I am not missing the concept. I do understand your wish, but fact is that HERE charges licenses per device per month. If you give people "self maintenance" they can use more devices each month then paid for. It is not about simultaneous use, it is about devices per month. We have a saying in the Netherlands too: "If you give someone a stick, he will find a reason to hit you with it" 😉

      I am not saying nothing is possible though. But I do understand the reasoning. I think the current state of the limitations also is a bit of experiment, to see how bad the abuse is. Other measures will likely follow, like an upgrade of the subscription though a webshop. Your and other people their input will be used for possible improvement. MRA already showed the care about their customers 😉

      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

      b0hd1 1 Reply Last reply
      2
      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

        @b0hd1, no I am not missing the concept. I do understand your wish, but fact is that HERE charges licenses per device per month. If you give people "self maintenance" they can use more devices each month then paid for. It is not about simultaneous use, it is about devices per month. We have a saying in the Netherlands too: "If you give someone a stick, he will find a reason to hit you with it" 😉

        I am not saying nothing is possible though. But I do understand the reasoning. I think the current state of the limitations also is a bit of experiment, to see how bad the abuse is. Other measures will likely follow, like an upgrade of the subscription though a webshop. Your and other people their input will be used for possible improvement. MRA already showed the care about their customers 😉

        b0hd1
        b0hd1
        b0hd1
        wrote on last edited by
        #23

        @Con-Hennekens Well, licenses are limited per month. I don't see the problem. I'm just saying we shouldn't have to depend on staff to delete teams. I insist on the concept: maintain ALL current limitations. Give the user the management of OCCASIONAL TASKS.

        Creator and administrator of the largest MRA groups.

        • https://t.me/MRa_by_b0hd1
        • https://www.myrouteapp.com/group/messages/7007
        • YouTube: @demco17
        • Ex-routexpert, current beta tester and MRA expert. Creator of tutorials, manuals, and MRA user trainer.
        Johan Ri 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • b0hd1 b0hd1

          @Con-Hennekens Well, licenses are limited per month. I don't see the problem. I'm just saying we shouldn't have to depend on staff to delete teams. I insist on the concept: maintain ALL current limitations. Give the user the management of OCCASIONAL TASKS.

          Johan Ri
          Johan Ri
          Johan Ri
          wrote last edited by
          #24

          @b0hd1
          I totally agree.
          I have received a replacement for my caretta and it's a new device for mra. Now I am locked out and have to wait for support. I think it is not acceptable.

          iPhone 15
          Carpe Iter Caretta

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          • 1
          • 2
          ACTIVE USERS
          Con Hennekens
          Con Hennekens
          Johan Ri
          Johan Ri
          Brian McG
          Brian McG
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          Bouke Ent
          Bouke Ent
          nomko
          nomko
          b0hd1
          b0hd1
          Antonio 1e
          Antonio 1e
          POPULAR TOPICS
          • test Myroute APP
            KurtvPoucke
            KurtvPoucke
            4
            24
            1.8k

          • How to plan correctly
            Christian Feurstein
            Christian Feurstein
            0
            15
            471

          • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
            LE DIZES Freddy
            LE DIZES Freddy
            9
            105
            7.8k

          • A02 Routes en tracks kopiëren - Oude webplanner naar nieuwe webplanner
            Hubert Thori
            Hubert Thori
            0
            6
            15

          • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
            M. Schrijver
            M. Schrijver
            0
            16
            605

          • Waarom kan deze route niet berekend worden?
            M. Schrijver
            M. Schrijver
            0
            20
            421

          • Route name in the planning screen is gone?
            Jörgen
            Jörgen
            1
            4
            12

          • Tour results and a question
            Con Hennekens
            Con Hennekens
            0
            4
            39

          MY GROUPS
          • Login

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Categories
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Support
          • MyRoute-app