Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. New map styles only show during navigation?

New map styles only show during navigation?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
7 Posts 6 Posters 1.4k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Tim Watson
    Tim Watson
    Tim Watson
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi all,

    I've just been playing with the new map styles, which is a great option. At first I was confused as the map didn't seem to be changing. I then discovered that it's only when you begin navigation that the map style changes. What is the map style when one just opens the map but hasn't entered any routes, and is there a reason why that map isn't styled according to the user's choice as well?

    Thanks!

    Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Tim Watson Tim Watson

      Hi all,

      I've just been playing with the new map styles, which is a great option. At first I was confused as the map didn't seem to be changing. I then discovered that it's only when you begin navigation that the map style changes. What is the map style when one just opens the map but hasn't entered any routes, and is there a reason why that map isn't styled according to the user's choice as well?

      Thanks!

      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Tim-Watson The standard mapstyle by default is OSM:

      IMG_3655 (1).jpeg

      ๐Ÿ๏ธ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
      ๐Ÿ“ฑ iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
      ๐Ÿš™ Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
      ๐Ÿ’ป Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

      Tim Watson 1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • Rob Verhoeff Rob Verhoeff

        @Tim-Watson The standard mapstyle by default is OSM:

        IMG_3655 (1).jpeg

        Tim Watson
        Tim Watson
        Tim Watson
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Rob-Verhoeff Cheers Rob. I can see the layers button now sets that default map. Mine is set to HERE (Gold). I think I just expected that to also change to the map style I selected for navigation. I'm sure there's a reason why it doesn't. ๐Ÿ™‚

        Marinus van Deudekom Stefan Hummelink 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • Tim Watson Tim Watson

          @Rob-Verhoeff Cheers Rob. I can see the layers button now sets that default map. Mine is set to HERE (Gold). I think I just expected that to also change to the map style I selected for navigation. I'm sure there's a reason why it doesn't. ๐Ÿ™‚

          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          Marinus van Deudekom
          RouteXpert
          wrote on last edited by Marinus van Deudekom
          #4

          @Tim-Watson I made the same mistake. Once you navigate all the new styles are visible

          Honda Goldwing GL1500,
          Honda Silverwing GL 650
          DMD2 T865X 8 inch Android tablet using MRA next for navigation
          Garmin XT sold
          Samsung S24FE mounted on a Quadlock and using Android Auto in my car

          1 Reply Last reply
          1
          • Tim Watson Tim Watson

            @Rob-Verhoeff Cheers Rob. I can see the layers button now sets that default map. Mine is set to HERE (Gold). I think I just expected that to also change to the map style I selected for navigation. I'm sure there's a reason why it doesn't. ๐Ÿ™‚

            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Stefan Hummelink
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by Stefan Hummelink
            #5

            @Tim-Watson perhaps this may sound a bit obvious but those map styles your talking about are under the "Navigation" settings and not under "general" ๐Ÿ˜œ

            Manks bu'j te bange.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • CD130
              CD130
              CD130
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I also find it confusing. Would have also preferred to see that it is the same everywhere: in the route planner, in the app without navigation on and in the app with navigation on.

              The adventure starts where the plans end | READY TO >> RACE ๐Ÿงก

              Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • CD130 CD130

                I also find it confusing. Would have also preferred to see that it is the same everywhere: in the route planner, in the app without navigation on and in the app with navigation on.

                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Developer
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @CD130 thatโ€™s a contractual reason, working in it ๐Ÿ™‚
                Same why only Gold users also cannot use the in-app planner.

                1 Reply Last reply
                1

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                ACTIVE USERS
                Corjan Meijerink
                Corjan Meijerink
                Stefan Hummelink
                Stefan Hummelink
                Rob Verhoeff
                Rob Verhoeff
                CD130
                CD130
                Marinus van Deudekom
                Marinus van Deudekom
                Tim Watson
                Tim Watson
                POPULAR TOPICS
                • Strange translation
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  Stefan Hummelink
                  0
                  15
                  43

                • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                  martin-phogel.de
                  martin-phogel.de
                  9
                  114
                  10.7k

                • Add delete route button to library
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  0
                  9
                  26

                • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                  b0hd1
                  b0hd1
                  0
                  7
                  14

                • LAN004 - Route Import filetypes
                  Lluis Arasanz
                  Lluis Arasanz
                  0
                  6
                  10

                • A07 Shared Route Collaboration โ€“ Change Log?
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  Corjan Meijerink
                  0
                  6
                  21

                • Shared toggle switch
                  LennyO
                  LennyO
                  0
                  7
                  31

                • Crazy routing
                  Hubert Thoring
                  Hubert Thoring
                  0
                  7
                  26

                MY GROUPS
                • Login

                • Login or register to search.
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Categories
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Support
                • MyRoute-app