Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Suggestions and Discussion
  4. MRA with BMW Connected?

MRA with BMW Connected?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Suggestions and Discussion
3 Posts 2 Posters 1.2k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Frappawotsit
    Frappawotsit
    Frappawotsit
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    When using the inbuilt Navigation on my phone screen, I get great information regarding how far/long it is to the next waypoint etc, which is exactly how I like it.
    However, I've recently upgraded my bike to the new BMW RT with the TFT screen, which means I'm now having to export the GPX file from MRA then import it into BMW Connected app to make use of the route on the TFT screen.

    When I do this, I don't get any waypoint information, only time to final destination.

    I know this is not directly an MRA issue, I'm just curious if anyone knows of a way to get more information across to the BMW Connected route from MRA?

    I see there is GPX 1.1 or 1.2, but I've not seen any real difference when using one or the other, am I missing something?

    HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Frappawotsit Frappawotsit

      When using the inbuilt Navigation on my phone screen, I get great information regarding how far/long it is to the next waypoint etc, which is exactly how I like it.
      However, I've recently upgraded my bike to the new BMW RT with the TFT screen, which means I'm now having to export the GPX file from MRA then import it into BMW Connected app to make use of the route on the TFT screen.

      When I do this, I don't get any waypoint information, only time to final destination.

      I know this is not directly an MRA issue, I'm just curious if anyone knows of a way to get more information across to the BMW Connected route from MRA?

      I see there is GPX 1.1 or 1.2, but I've not seen any real difference when using one or the other, am I missing something?

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Frappawotsit

      BMW uses TomTom technology in the TFT screen and it does not support this.

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      Frappawotsit 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @Frappawotsit

        BMW uses TomTom technology in the TFT screen and it does not support this.

        Frappawotsit
        Frappawotsit
        Frappawotsit
        wrote on last edited by Frappawotsit
        #3

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master said in MRA with BMW Connected?:

        @Frappawotsit

        BMW uses TomTom technology in the TFT screen and it does not support this.

        ah ok, I knew it uses TomTom, so now plan my routes in MRA with TomTom map, but didn't realise that's why the waypoint info doesn't appear.... thanks for clarification.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Frappawotsit
        Frappawotsit
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Where is the "Routes" option?
          LennyO
          LennyO
          0
          5
          18

        • My Routeapp Stays questions
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          5
          21

        • Foutmelding In MRA Next
          Hans Lamers
          Hans Lamers
          0
          3
          9

        • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          12

        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          7
          46

        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          11

        • Strange translation
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          4

        • Kort voorstellen
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          1
          2
          60

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app