Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Routes & Tracks
  3. straight lines on a harley boom box

straight lines on a harley boom box

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Routes & Tracks
3 Posts 3 Posters 864 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • PETER PEARCE
    PETER PEARCE
    PETER PEARCE
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hi all
    I have a 2020 Harley CVO Ultra Limited. I have planned a route in MRA and Saved it using 1.2 gpx and Harley boom box but not the pre 2019 version. I have then uploaded it to harleys ride planner and as well as the basic route (shown with a magenta line}, I also get a straight red line that seems to go across fields and rivers but not follow the route that I have chosen. Why on earth would any route planning platform do That!!!!.
    This happens no matter how I save it.
    I have tried just using MRA and down loading to a USB stick and then up loading to the bike but that has just been a total disaster and and every road is highlighted plus it wants to take me round in silly little loops that I have not planned. Has any body had this issue? If so is there a way round it or have I wasted my money being a gold member with this rubbish navigation platform????.

    HABVEN aka MrMRA Scott Fountain 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • PETER PEARCE PETER PEARCE

      Hi all
      I have a 2020 Harley CVO Ultra Limited. I have planned a route in MRA and Saved it using 1.2 gpx and Harley boom box but not the pre 2019 version. I have then uploaded it to harleys ride planner and as well as the basic route (shown with a magenta line}, I also get a straight red line that seems to go across fields and rivers but not follow the route that I have chosen. Why on earth would any route planning platform do That!!!!.
      This happens no matter how I save it.
      I have tried just using MRA and down loading to a USB stick and then up loading to the bike but that has just been a total disaster and and every road is highlighted plus it wants to take me round in silly little loops that I have not planned. Has any body had this issue? If so is there a way round it or have I wasted my money being a gold member with this rubbish navigation platform????.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @PETER-PEARCE
      Hello Peter,
      Welcome to the forum. I read that you are using the gpx 1.2 in the boom box. The gpx 1.2 is a track-based route with waypoints, so without formation points, and especially for the newer Garmin Zumo models.
      For the Boom Box, you need to use the HD Boom Box 2019 (Track) or HB Boom Box pre 2019 (Route).

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • PETER PEARCE PETER PEARCE

        Hi all
        I have a 2020 Harley CVO Ultra Limited. I have planned a route in MRA and Saved it using 1.2 gpx and Harley boom box but not the pre 2019 version. I have then uploaded it to harleys ride planner and as well as the basic route (shown with a magenta line}, I also get a straight red line that seems to go across fields and rivers but not follow the route that I have chosen. Why on earth would any route planning platform do That!!!!.
        This happens no matter how I save it.
        I have tried just using MRA and down loading to a USB stick and then up loading to the bike but that has just been a total disaster and and every road is highlighted plus it wants to take me round in silly little loops that I have not planned. Has any body had this issue? If so is there a way round it or have I wasted my money being a gold member with this rubbish navigation platform????.

        Scott Fountain
        Scott Fountain
        Scott Fountain
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @PETER-PEARCE Hello Peter,
        I have been using MyRoute-app for several years (since 2017) for my Harley Streetglide Special. No problems!
        Always use the download for the BoomBox. In my case the "Pre" version. I put it on a Stick and into the Box. Works great.
        Things you need to watch:
        Rogue waypoints. Sometimes I get Waypoints off the correct track. You should always review your planed route to be sure that all waypoints are on the road and not next to it. Occasionaly for some reaseon, Sat dirft or Map variance, I get a Point off the track and am instructed to turn. Most of the time I see this coming during the ride and I zoom out to see that you turn and come back. Just delete the waypoint. This happens on my wifes TomTom as well.
        I just got back from Scotland on a 3800 km Trip. All planned with the App. Only once did this appear. Also the lane advice in the BoomBox was super helpful for me driving on the left!!
        You can look at my public routes to see some of them.
        Try it ou and have fun!

        1 Reply Last reply
        -1

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        ACTIVE USERS
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        HABVEN aka MrMRA
        Scott Fountain
        Scott Fountain
        PETER PEARCE
        PETER PEARCE
        POPULAR TOPICS
        • Where is the "Routes" option?
          LennyO
          LennyO
          0
          5
          18

        • My Routeapp Stays questions
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          5
          21

        • Foutmelding In MRA Next
          Hans Lamers
          Hans Lamers
          0
          3
          9

        • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          12

        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          0
          7
          46

        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          11

        • Strange translation
          Lluis Arasanz
          Lluis Arasanz
          0
          3
          4

        • Kort voorstellen
          Rob Verhoeff
          Rob Verhoeff
          1
          2
          60

        MY GROUPS
        • Login

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Categories
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Support
        • MyRoute-app