Altitude numbers size
-
Hello,
I love that altitude and a compass have been added to the navigation screen. There is just one problem: the numbers are too small for many users, and we can't see them clearly. Please make them larger; the current size of the speed indicators would be fine and sufficient.
Thank you very much, and congratulations on the improvements. -
I don’t agree with that.
The altitude reading is a nice gimmick. Unfortunately, apart from being a distraction, it doesn’t provide any useful information. It’s a nice extra, but please don’t waste space on it.
The information is also in the track log, where you can enjoy it later without any distractions.
And the compass has always been there.
RT -
I don’t agree with that.
The altitude reading is a nice gimmick. Unfortunately, apart from being a distraction, it doesn’t provide any useful information. It’s a nice extra, but please don’t waste space on it.
The information is also in the track log, where you can enjoy it later without any distractions.
And the compass has always been there.
RT@RainerT, you can disable the altitude and compass in the navigation settings, and let people decide for themselves whether it is useful or not. Whichever way you choose, it is not useful if you can't read it
It was a much much asked for feature by the way. -
@RainerT, you can disable the altitude and compass in the navigation settings, and let people decide for themselves whether it is useful or not. Whichever way you choose, it is not useful if you can't read it
It was a much much asked for feature by the way.you can disable the altitude and compass in the navigation settings
Thank you, I hadn’t realised that before.
Nevertheless, I can say from personal experience that the altitude display whilst driving is a real distraction and, in my view, a hazard. I thought it was nice at first, too, when it was introduced. But it’s just like being distracted by a lovely sight (people) at the side of the road. Two seconds means driving 30 metres blind. Or, in Switzerland, missing a speed limit sign.

RT -
you can disable the altitude and compass in the navigation settings
Thank you, I hadn’t realised that before.
Nevertheless, I can say from personal experience that the altitude display whilst driving is a real distraction and, in my view, a hazard. I thought it was nice at first, too, when it was introduced. But it’s just like being distracted by a lovely sight (people) at the side of the road. Two seconds means driving 30 metres blind. Or, in Switzerland, missing a speed limit sign.

RTThe same if you "spend" 2 seconds in reading map information on GPS to know where you go....
Whatever info Screen devices must be readed when safe to do, besides is Altitude , speed or next exit info.
Regards,
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login