Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. MyRoute-app Routeplanner
  3. [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Absurd detours on the highway maps HERE

Absurd detours on the highway maps HERE

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Web] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
22 Posts 6 Posters 6.5k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Aiello antonino
    Aiello antonino
    Aiello antonino
    wrote on last edited by Aiello antonino
    #9

    Yes, at the moment it is the complete route, I will divide it when I have defined everything that interests me, but I understood what the "problem" is due to, the closures that the HERE maps have, TOMTOM does not have these closures, but as written, the problem that happens is that if you set the calculation method to STANDARD, the itinerary disappears, do you say it is due to the length of the itinerary? Photos 5-6

    Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Aiello antonino Aiello antonino

      Yes, at the moment it is the complete route, I will divide it when I have defined everything that interests me, but I understood what the "problem" is due to, the closures that the HERE maps have, TOMTOM does not have these closures, but as written, the problem that happens is that if you set the calculation method to STANDARD, the itinerary disappears, do you say it is due to the length of the itinerary? Photos 5-6

      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Rob Verhoeff
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by Rob Verhoeff
      #10

      @Aiello-antonino said in Absurd detours on the highway maps HERE:

      do you say it is due to the length of the itinerary? Photos 5-6

      Perhaps, although I do see a route line — unlike in the photos you posted.

      🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
      📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
      🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
      💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Aiello antonino
        Aiello antonino
        Aiello antonino
        wrote on last edited by
        #11

        Non così allora per quale motivo a me la fa vedere così...vedrò dal PC, adesso sono da iPdad,uso sempre questo per tutto

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Travellexxie
          Travellexxie
          Travellexxie
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #12

          Always put waypoints on the grey line (route). If your destiny is not nearby the route, use a POI instead (waypoint 3 hotel). Waypoints 8, 15, 16 and 18 are also too far from the line.
          Like Rob wrote, I also don't see any strange behaviour of the route.

          Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

          Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
          Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
          MRA Lifetime Gold

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Aiello antonino
            Aiello antonino
            Aiello antonino
            wrote on last edited by Aiello antonino
            #13

            Yes, I knew about the points far from the route line, I had placed them there to remind myself that I have to place points of interest, now I have fixed them, but the problem with the STANDARD maps does not change, I also tried from PC and the problem occurs there too...

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Travellexxie
              Travellexxie
              Travellexxie
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #14

              What do you mean by "standard maps" and with what do you want to navigate? The app something else?

              Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

              Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
              Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
              MRA Lifetime Gold

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Aiello antonino
                Aiello antonino
                Aiello antonino
                wrote on last edited by Aiello antonino
                #15

                I navigate with the app, by maps I mean the STANDARD calculation method...as in the photo
                IMG_0033.jpeg

                Nick Carthew 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Aiello antonino Aiello antonino

                  I navigate with the app, by maps I mean the STANDARD calculation method...as in the photo
                  IMG_0033.jpeg

                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  Nick Carthew
                  RouteXpert
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #16

                  @Aiello-antonino Change your planning map. The OpenStreetMap does not calculate long distances. Or split your route into shorter, daily routes.

                  Always willing to help if I can.
                  Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT called Tina.
                  MRA Navigation Next and SilverFox BJ8

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Aiello antonino
                    Aiello antonino
                    Aiello antonino
                    wrote on last edited by Aiello antonino
                    #17

                    I always use HERE, I accidentally checked the standards and noticed this…But you said you tried and show the route…

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Travellexxie
                      Travellexxie
                      Travellexxie
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #18

                      Ah ok, for your convenience use the HERE map. OSM can't, as Nick wrote, process such long routes. But even if you compare the route with TT, you will see differences. This is just an example.
                      image.png

                      Met andere apps maak je een route, met MRA componeer je een route!

                      Ducati Monster 1200 met Garmin Zümo XT
                      Fiat 124 Spider/Camper Dethleffs met Navigation-App op Samsung Tab Active4 Pro
                      MRA Lifetime Gold

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Aiello antonino
                        Aiello antonino
                        Aiello antonino
                        wrote on last edited by Aiello antonino
                        #19

                        Yes, I know that, I know how it works, but using HERE maps and the navigation app I never use TomTom or standard maps... while I like to keep Google, Michelin and even OSM as overlays... it depends on what I need to do and see along the route...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Hubert Thoring
                          Hubert Thoring
                          Hubert Thoring
                          Valued contributor
                          wrote on last edited by Hubert Thoring
                          #20

                          The route is not displayed with OSM calculation because it is far too long, but it works with HERE...

                          Screenshot 2026-01-12 120837.png

                          40de7d61-1531-422a-89c3-e3a473367e02-image.png

                          VG Hubert
                          Beta Test "Next App" dazu die Hardware .
                          iPad 9. Gen iOS 26.7/ iPhone 16e iOS 26.7/ Navi iPhone Xr iOS 18.7.10 / PC mit MS Win11 /❗️MyRoute-App im Cradel und Remotek-One❗️ Info zu MRA & Remotek One

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • Hubert Thoring
                            Hubert Thoring
                            Hubert Thoring
                            Valued contributor
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #21

                            As some have already mentioned, 27 waypoints for approximately 5500 km is very few to have a clear route. As Rob already wrote, it's better to plan day trips.

                            Avoidance routes should also be used as long as it makes sense.

                            Screenshot 2026-01-12 131258.png

                            VG Hubert
                            Beta Test "Next App" dazu die Hardware .
                            iPad 9. Gen iOS 26.7/ iPhone 16e iOS 26.7/ Navi iPhone Xr iOS 18.7.10 / PC mit MS Win11 /❗️MyRoute-App im Cradel und Remotek-One❗️ Info zu MRA & Remotek One

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • Aiello antonino
                              Aiello antonino
                              Aiello antonino
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #22

                              Yes, thank you! I didn't know that OSM didn't support long distances...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              • 1
                              • 2
                              ACTIVE USERS
                              Jörgen
                              Jörgen
                              Travellexxie
                              Travellexxie
                              Rob Verhoeff
                              Rob Verhoeff
                              Hubert Thoring
                              Hubert Thoring
                              Nick Carthew
                              Nick Carthew
                              Aiello antonino
                              Aiello antonino
                              POPULAR TOPICS
                              • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                Stefan Hummelink
                                Stefan Hummelink
                                9
                                91
                                2.4k

                              • [NL] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                                Rob Veerman
                                Rob Veerman
                                5
                                86
                                2.2k

                              • Elektrisch voertuig
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                0
                                21
                                710

                              • Garmin Satnav vs MRA Navigation Next
                                Peter Zehentreiter
                                Peter Zehentreiter
                                0
                                5
                                105

                              • Seizoensafsluitingen
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                0
                                4
                                30

                              • Altitude numbers size
                                RainerT
                                RainerT
                                0
                                4
                                83

                              • Hoe kan ik in één route een stuk met en een stuk zonder snelwegen plannen
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                0
                                3
                                96

                              • Eerste keer MRA met Android auto, een wat mindere ervaring
                                Con Hennekens
                                Con Hennekens
                                0
                                2
                                27

                              MY GROUPS
                              • Login

                              • Login or register to search.
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Categories
                              • Recent
                              • Popular
                              • Support
                              • MyRoute-app