Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Android Auto & CarPlay
  4. Pixel 6 Pro overheating

Pixel 6 Pro overheating

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Android Auto & CarPlay
1 Posts 1 Posters 751 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Vincent Curren
    Vincent Curren
    Vincent Curren
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hello friends,
    I was out for a 2 hour ride today and had a couple of problems. I'm using a Pixel 6 pro with an Android Auto display.

    First, when I deviated from the route (I took a parallel road for a few miles), MRA did not adapt. It neither rerouted to show the route I was on, nor did it show the original route in white, and all voice instructions stopped. When I rejoined the original route, everything came back. (I stopped and checked the phone screen and the problem was there too - the Android Auto display was just faithfully showing the bad information on the phone.

    A little later, the phone shut down because of overheating. The phone was in my tank bag out of the sun and it was not very hot - about 72 degrees F or 22 C. I know MRA can make the phone run hot, and I know Pixel 6 phones can run hot, too -- but I have used this phone in warmer conditions without a problem. And I had the screen turned all the way down, too.

    What was different? Today I used a different phone charger. It converts from a 12v SAE connector to a USB 24 watt output. Maybe that's too much?

    So, a couple of questions. About the failure to reroute, anyone else seeing this? Could it be related to a phone getting hot?

    And about charging -- can anyone recommend a SAE to USB charger that they are using specifically with a Pixel 6? If someone can, it will save me hours chasing Google links about Pixel 6 charging.

    Thanks,

    Vinnie

    1 Reply Last reply
    0

    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

    Register Login
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    ACTIVE USERS
    Vincent Curren
    Vincent Curren
    POPULAR TOPICS
    • Animation
      LennyO
      LennyO
      0
      13
      31

    • Help please, new user
      Bull Tahr
      Bull Tahr
      0
      8
      163

    • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
      John S Parry
      John S Parry
      0
      9
      253

    • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
      b0hd1
      b0hd1
      0
      5
      31

    • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
      Lluis Arasanz
      Lluis Arasanz
      0
      3
      8

    • I have an extra step when choosing a point.
      Lluis Arasanz
      Lluis Arasanz
      0
      3
      18

    • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
      Dave J 0
      Dave J 0
      0
      3
      31

    • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Live Tracking - What exactly is shared?
      Lluis Arasanz
      Lluis Arasanz
      0
      2
      9

    MY GROUPS
    • Login

    • Login or register to search.
    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Support
    • MyRoute-app