Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Download Offline Maps is not possible

Download Offline Maps is not possible

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
23 Posts 11 Posters 9.0k Views 3 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jörgen Jörgen

    Hi Daryl, I had also some problems. It took me three or four attempts, mostly at times when others were not on the internet, to complete my maps for a few countries. But in the end they were downloaded.
    It doesn't work perfectly, why I don't know? Maybe they use different servers for user in Germany.
    What I find stupid, however, is that for a few small updates you have to completely re-download all the maps. I'd better not do that at the moment.

    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Con Hennekens
    Alpha tester
    wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @Jörgen, TomTom and Garmin devices also exchange the complete map data for each update. But you are right, that can be done cleverer on a smartphone. In fact, it has been done cleverer, by only downloading the delta's of the maps (the changed parts). However that function (of the HERE platform) was so desperately unstable that the dev team decided to take it out and redownload the complete maps instead. I do hope HERE is able to fix that AND the troublesome complete downloads soon!

    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • daryl 4 daryl 4

      After experiencing uncontable navigation issues like in this post
      https://forum.myrouteapp.com/user/peter-kinver
      I wanted to give the new navigation a try.
      I want to use offline navigation & offline charts, so I started the download of Germany (as whole / in sections) hours ago -every single download attempt failed, the app freezes and I have to reboot my Android-Device.
      I do not get any charts, not even the smallest ones!
      Any explanations for this behaviour?
      Or does the new app start just like the old one worked, I mean not worked!

      PS: Internet is working😴 I own Navigation Lifetime & Membership Gold.

      Stefaan jacobs
      Stefaan jacobs
      Stefaan jacobs
      wrote on last edited by
      #14

      @daryl-4 I have the same problem

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Jan Huisman
        Jan Huisman
        Jan Huisman
        wrote on last edited by Jan Huisman
        #15
        This post is deleted!
        Stefan Hummelink Corjan Meijerink Con Hennekens Bart De Medts 4 Replies Last reply
        -1
        • Jan Huisman Jan Huisman
          [[topic:post-is-deleted]]
          Stefan Hummelink
          Stefan Hummelink
          Stefan Hummelink
          Alpha tester
          wrote on last edited by
          #16

          @Jan-Huisman said in Download Offline Maps is not possible:

          Or is the code in MRA just rubbish ?

          This definitely must be it!

          Manks bu'j te bange.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Jan Huisman Jan Huisman
            [[topic:post-is-deleted]]
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #17

            @Jan-Huisman said in Download Offline Maps is not possible:

            Or is the code in MRA just rubbish ?

            Hell yeah! 😆

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Jan Huisman Jan Huisman
              [[topic:post-is-deleted]]
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by
              #18

              @Jan-Huisman said in Download Offline Maps is not possible:

              Or is the code in MRA just rubbish ?

              Would be an easy fix if it was just that, wouldn't it 🤣

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Jan Huisman Jan Huisman
                [[topic:post-is-deleted]]
                Bart De Medts
                Bart De Medts
                Bart De Medts
                Alpha tester
                wrote on last edited by
                #19

                @Jan-Huisman "C'est le ton qui fait la musique"...

                🏍️ Tiger: DMD Nor7e + SilverFox controller
                🏍️ Bobber: iPhone 15 Pro + Quad Lock mount
                🚗 Car: iPhone 15 Pro with wireless Apple CarPlay

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Paulusma
                  Paulusma
                  Paulusma
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #20

                  I had the same problems. But when i download the map in sections it was oke. When i this week for the first time the maps downloaded i had an old version. Direct after dowloading the maps i had downloaded the new version and then it was oke. But downloading the new maps (just a smal part of Europe) takes about one houre.

                  I hope did helps you.
                  Excuse me for my Englisch but i am a dutch men.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • CARAMBA
                    CARAMBA
                    CARAMBA
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #21

                    I'v read the discussion and understand this concerns the navigation app.
                    This brings me to another question: is the functionality of offline maps only available for MRA Navigation, and not for the MyRoute (planner) app (Android)?

                    HABVEN aka MrMRA Con Hennekens 2 Replies Last reply
                    0
                    • CARAMBA CARAMBA

                      I'v read the discussion and understand this concerns the navigation app.
                      This brings me to another question: is the functionality of offline maps only available for MRA Navigation, and not for the MyRoute (planner) app (Android)?

                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      HABVEN aka MrMRA
                      Valued contributor
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #22

                      @CARAMBA

                      Correct, only for the Navigation part.

                      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • CARAMBA CARAMBA

                        I'v read the discussion and understand this concerns the navigation app.
                        This brings me to another question: is the functionality of offline maps only available for MRA Navigation, and not for the MyRoute (planner) app (Android)?

                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Alpha tester
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #23

                        @CARAMBA, Forget about the Navigation app. It is EOL en does not work anymore. The New Navigation module (Next) is built into the existing MyRoute-app (previously called "Mobile").

                        Offline maps in the new app are HERE maps and only used for Turn-By-Turn Navigation. For that to be activated you need the Navigation subscription (same subscription as before).

                        I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                        Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                        Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        • 1
                        • 2
                        ACTIVE USERS
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        Corjan Meijerink
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Jörgen
                        Jörgen
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Stefan Hummelink
                        Bart De Medts
                        Bart De Medts
                        CARAMBA
                        CARAMBA
                        Jan Huisman
                        Jan Huisman
                        Paulusma
                        Paulusma
                        daryl 4
                        daryl 4
                        Stefaan jacobs
                        Stefaan jacobs
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Animation
                          LennyO
                          LennyO
                          0
                          13
                          31

                        • Help please, new user
                          Bull Tahr
                          Bull Tahr
                          0
                          8
                          157

                        • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                          John S Parry
                          John S Parry
                          0
                          9
                          252

                        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                          b0hd1
                          b0hd1
                          0
                          5
                          31

                        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          8

                        • I have an extra step when choosing a point.
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          18

                        • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
                          Dave J 0
                          Dave J 0
                          0
                          3
                          31

                        • MRA 6.0.0 (515) Live Tracking - What exactly is shared?
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          2
                          9

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app