Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Suggestions and Discussions
  4. Download Routes to Phone Storage

Download Routes to Phone Storage

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Suggestions and Discussions
6 Posts 4 Posters 91 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Matthew Wiacek
    Matthew Wiacek
    Matthew Wiacek
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I was caught out at the weekend when I set off for a ride to the South coast in the UK.
    I had a route down and a route back planned.
    When I tried to load the route to come back, I couldn't as I had really poor phone signal. I had to ride a few miles in the general direction before I could load the route.

    Its great that we can download maps onto the phone, but why can't we download the routes? This would be a huge benefit - especially before going on a tour where you don't know what the phone signal might be like.

    1 Reply Last reply
    1
    • Jörgen
      Jörgen
      Jörgen
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      You are right!
      If you can use offline maps, there should also be a possibility to load routes from the phone memory (if you are offline).
      You only need to download them before.

      Hardware
      iPhone 12 pro (iOS 26.2.1)
      iPad (7.Gen.) 18.7.3
      Oukitel RT3 Pro (Andr. 14)
      Wireless CarPlay mit (Elebest C650)
      Wired CarPlay (SEAT Arona - 2021)
      MRA Workshops in Deutsch sind hier zu finden

      1 Reply Last reply
      -1
      • Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Corjan Meijerink
        Developer
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Offline maps are scheduled for a future update!

        @Matthew-Wiacek you can already download routes for offline usage! Open a route - click download - scroll down - select last option! 🎉
        They can then be opened from account - offline available!

        Matthew Wiacek Koen VH 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

          Offline maps are scheduled for a future update!

          @Matthew-Wiacek you can already download routes for offline usage! Open a route - click download - scroll down - select last option! 🎉
          They can then be opened from account - offline available!

          Matthew Wiacek
          Matthew Wiacek
          Matthew Wiacek
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Corjan-Meijerink I never knew that! Game changer.
          So, I had another little play and the download button is much clearer to use now than on the previous app (where I found out you need to press and hold to get another pop-up message).

          Thanks for the info.

          Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Matthew Wiacek Matthew Wiacek

            @Corjan-Meijerink I never knew that! Game changer.
            So, I had another little play and the download button is much clearer to use now than on the previous app (where I found out you need to press and hold to get another pop-up message).

            Thanks for the info.

            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Corjan Meijerink
            Developer
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Matthew-Wiacek We keep improving 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

              Offline maps are scheduled for a future update!

              @Matthew-Wiacek you can already download routes for offline usage! Open a route - click download - scroll down - select last option! 🎉
              They can then be opened from account - offline available!

              Koen VH
              Koen VH
              Koen VH
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Corjan-Meijerink 👍

              iPhone SE (2020) - Outikel RT3 (Android 12)

              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              ACTIVE USERS
              Corjan Meijerink
              Corjan Meijerink
              Jörgen
              Jörgen
              Matthew Wiacek
              Matthew Wiacek
              Koen VH
              Koen VH
              POPULAR TOPICS
              • Help please, new user
                Bull Tahr
                Bull Tahr
                0
                8
                168

              • Animation
                LennyO
                LennyO
                0
                13
                31

              • How to export GPX files to Zumo XT without recalculation
                John S Parry
                John S Parry
                0
                9
                258

              • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                b0hd1
                b0hd1
                0
                5
                32

              • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                Lluis Arasanz
                Lluis Arasanz
                0
                3
                9

              • I have an extra step when choosing a point.
                Lluis Arasanz
                Lluis Arasanz
                0
                3
                19

              • MRA 6.00 (515) - Voice Options with iPhone 18 Pro
                Dave J 0
                Dave J 0
                0
                3
                32

              • No tracklog on Android phone
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                0
                16
                779

              MY GROUPS
              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Support
              • MyRoute-app